1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Butt kicker Gamer 2 SimHub profile

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by DD_Friar, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Stains

Stains Simracer

Try this profile that i made and found it best so far for ACC ! and from what i gathered from Wotever was he tried the latest ACC and tried to adapt it to Simhub but found it didnt work at hoped :(
    Just change the .txt to .siprofile and add it to documents/simhub and import it .

Attached Files:

Exo3 and Snoeipaard like this.
  2. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Thanks, that is great. but I'll have to install and setup SimHub first. I'm running SimVibe at the moment. Is it really good or just better than nothing at all? :D

Stains likes this.
  3. Slowheit

Slowheit Gamer

Hi Snoeipaard,

I have two of these:

https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/1036/tt25-16-puck-tactile-transducer-mini-bass-shaker

I set up them in series connection and power them through a cheap little stero amp. The amp is plugged into the sub-out of my onboard soundcard. The whole thing wasn´t much more than a test but it proved alright. The vibration also mach the force feedback.

Btw. it´s really nice to get the hoof-beats in Red Dead Redemption 2 :)

Snoeipaard likes this.
  4. Exo3

Exo3 Rookie

Thanks for sharing! I imported it last night and will test this week. I’ll share my feedback in the thread.

Stains likes this.
  5. Any news on this?
    Has anyone updated their profile and would share it here? im about to get a buttkicker and would like to try your settings

6. Stains

Stains Simracer

I'm still using the one I uploaded here in August.

7. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I installed Simhub a few weeks ago and checked. Still no proper kerb affects. You still need to go with Simvibe to get those.

8. Would you say that effect is a must have? Im just using one Buttkicker Gamer 2 with several effects in Simhub now. I can kinda feel the kerbs and stuff, just having some priority problems. Is simvibe better overall?

9. kiks73

kiks73 Rookie

Hi, I would like to buy a Buttkicker Gamer 2 too.
    My purpose is to try it directly connected to the audio channel, and then try it with Simhub to understand which is better (audio with kerbs effects or Simhub without?)
    Anyway, I've got a question: does Simhub affect FPS or not?

10. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I can't answer that for you ofcourse, but for me it's poop without it.

11. Exo3

Exo3 Rookie

I have been messing around with the file uploaded previously by @Stains . I'm attaching my current setup. Lack of detailed kerb vibrations is still definitely an issue but I actually don't pay as much attention to it anymore as the wheel replicates it very well.

Attached Files:

12. VeryStef

VeryStef Gamer

Hi Guies,

I have recently installed a Buttkicker Gamer 2 on my rig.
    While I am really pleased with the result just running it from the audio in iRacing, I am quite disappointed with it in ACC.
    I have installed Simhub and tried the above shared profiles but it is still not much better.
    Is Simvibe the way to for ACC ?

13. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

For ACC (and iRacing) the answer is yes. It now has online profiles for ACC as well. Sim Commander can now automatically grab a profile for a specific car and track for you from their cloud. It's the best.

VeryStef likes this.
  14. Stains

Stains Simracer

Im not sure what more you could want or expect from a single buttkicker? Its not magically now a motion rig. For me it adds the ground texture to my seat, so what the tyres are touching now comes to my seat and now using the brake lock option also makes a very nice addition to the steering FFB.

15. kiks73

kiks73 Rookie

Why are you disappointed whit ACC? Which are the differences between ACC and iRacing running it from the Audio?
    I've never played iRacing, but only ACC and I know that ACC sounds are considered the more accurate...

16. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

You are confusing things here. While using the audio of a game to feed a transducer can sometimes work quite well, it isn't always a given and it is certainly not accurate, not by a long shot. This is simply because this is not how it's intended.

To get correct feedback to your transducer, you will need to take the telemetry a game outputs that is ment for that use. So we are not talking about audio here. And this is where Sim Commander comes in.

VeryStef likes this.
  17. kiks73

kiks73 Rookie

I feel that using Audio instead of Simhub (I've not tried Sim Commander but I will do) I feel kerbs and I feel everything more realistic. Using Simhub I feel vibrations as an artificial add-on, something white or black.
    Vibrations in physics are strongly connected with sounds, not with telemetry.

18. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I've had a buttkicker listening on the audio out of my PS4 for AC and that worked fine. It wasn't very accurate, nore was it well balanced, but it worked fine for me at the time. So yes, in some cases it can do the trick.

If you want to go a step further and want to have accurate and immersive feedback, you will have to turn to the telemetry. And I wouldn't recommend using Simhub for that, as it doesn't excell in the transducer department. Especially not when it comes to ACC. My advice would be to go with Sim Commander(SimVibe).

VeryStef likes this.
  19. VeryStef

VeryStef Gamer

Thank you Sir ... for reassuring me before I part with my money.
    It is indeed much much better ... :)

Snoeipaard likes this.
  20. kiks73

kiks73 Rookie

OK, I will try it soon, thanks for your advice!