1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #226 - Max'd out Porsche's and a Hungry Jaguar

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, May 15, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the thread for the Weekly Hotlap Challenge #226

The Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Porsche 962C long tail and Porsche 917/30 Spyder
    Track: Monza 66 Road Course

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The great thing about AC is that we get to experience some of the best cars and tracks in the world. The ridiculous nature of the 917/30 is so violent and fear inducing that even completing one lap in one piece feels like completing Mission Impossible! Even on Monza 66 with its wide and sweeping gentle curves that most any other car can do without too much effort become a test of wits and bravery because once that boost kicks in all sorts of unexpected things can happen. Yes your heart will be pumping quicker by the end of the lap!

The Porsche Long Tail on the other hand seems like it was made for this track. It handles beautifully and sticks to the track with what feels like the hand of god pushing you into the pavement, thanks to a generous amount of downforce. If you have ever heard the saying “it feels like it’s driving on rails”, well this is the car they were talking about!

This is the Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde combo hahahah!

Ideal Psi for the 917/30 is 32 front 38 rear
    Ideal Psi for the Long Tail is 30 front 32 rear

RSR WR for the 917/30 is 1,13,378
    RSR WR for the Long Tail is 1.15.015

How to take part:

To enter, select Hotlap, choose the Porsche 962C long tail and Porsche 917/30 Spyder and Monza 66 Road Course

Please setup the session as shown below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Ambient Temp:Free
    Setup: Time of day: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Free
    Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday 23 May 2020

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa. All Platforms are welcome. To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading (Hotlap) and of course the car being used!
    Please use the following format to post your times:
    Improvement (Only required if you have already posted a time)

Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)

Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Off to France this week, and a lap of much maligned Paul Ricard (although personally I like it for GT3's).
    The target this week is Alex Fontana's 3rd on grid quali lap of 1:54:413 in the Emil Frey Racing Jaguar Gt3

Season 2018

1. Car: Jaguar Gt3
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a fastest single lap time
    3. Time of day: 11:00
    4. Track: Paul Ricard
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. EDIT: I used the wrong track! Rookie error....:eek:

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  4. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:57.534
    PC

Understeer city!!! Why is the front higher than the rear? Had to make a few tweaks. Front ducts 4, rear 2. Impossible to keep that front left from getting hot.

Playing around with the lowering the front height. At 62mm currently with rear bar at 10.

Needing to use quite a bit of TC, at 5.

No way im getting near the pro on this one. I'm not good at this track, and this car is a handful.

upload_2021-5-16_12-28-26.png

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  5. AC 917/30
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-5-16_18-32-27.png
    Finally, I was just pleased to make it round! Tricky to get this brute to turn. T1 is properly scary.

6. Andrei228

Andrei228 Gamer

AC Porsche 917/30
    Andrei
    1:13:319
    PC
    porsche817monza.png

I have to admit, the combination of this car, this track and VR has made me more scared than I have ever been in a game in my entire life. My eyes were more closed than open during the first two-three laps.

To manage to just beat the WR means all that scariness in the beginning was worth it though ;)

I also attach my setup if anybody else wants to try it.

Attached Files:

7. Superb lap @Andrei228 ! Horrendously quick and you have "those" made of steel!:)

For those of us on console, it would be great to see your set up. :D:D
    I could just not get it to turn in, it seemed to ignore the helm.

8. SlowGrayAudi

Ive already given up on this weeks challenge. My least favorite track by far, as well as a car that's not great. I'll see you guys next week.

9. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Im back already haha. Got a used t300 base for cheap from the local store :rolleyes:

10. Pretend racer

porsche long tail

pretend racer
    pc

[​IMG]

Setup at the end of the video.

T1 turned out to be the most important corner for me. I ended up hitting the curb a lot lol. It was really hard to get t1 right, I had to lift off at just the right spot and turn in with the brakes to get the nose to bite but I could loose 3 or 4 tenths in that corner if I got it slightly wrong. Most of my attempts were just trying to perfect that corner.

Attached Files:

11. Pretend racer

I hope you don't mind @Andrei228, I took the liberty of posting your tune for the plebs, o_O:rolleyes::D

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.18 - 12.23.29.92.png

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.18 - 12.24.02.74.png

the tires were set to 28 psi all around.

the pic shows the setup for the 917 I don't know why it says its the long tail...

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  12. Pretend racer

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.18 - 12.32.11.54.png

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.18 - 12.32.36.89.png

thats my setup for the long tail

13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    1:59.178
    XSX
    Right, first go at this one. The car is certainly unique. I’ve only used the standard aggressive setup and we seem to have oversteer followed by an unpredictable back-end that kicks out when it wants unless you apply way too much TC. Anyhow, it was consistent if not that fast - and I ran out of fuel on the last lap, rolled across the finish line.

Attached Files:

14. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

The jag is a bit of a handful out of the box...I’ve had a couple of aborted attempts so far but need to spend some time fettling!

15. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Think I could realistically aim for a low 1:58, possibly!

Must say though, apart from the unruliness of the Jag, the much maligned Paul Ricard is growing on me. May not be the prettiest of tracks, or have huge elevation changes, but it has some really good technical corners that take some working out.

16. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:57:432
    PC

All very scruffy laps....struggling to make two consecutive corners without a mistake :-(

ACC WHC Header.PNG

17. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Did a few runs on the Jag and just cant locate the fun with this combo. Have to give the Porsches a go tomorrow

18. Pretend racer

porsche 917/30

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

I started with a tune I had found from the setup market and I had fiddled with it for a while. I could get down to the low 1.14's but that was all. So I tried @Andrei228's tune. The suspension felt better and I just tweaked a couple things that I had learned from messing with the tune from the setup market. I adjusted the gearing a bit, tire psi, rear toe, and rear arb. It took a lot of restarts but I finally managed to put together it all together.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  19. Pretend racer

Midweek Standings

AC
    Porsche 917/30
    1. pretend racer 1.13.244 pc
    2. Andrei 1:13:319 PC
    3. Totall Wrytoff 1.18.179 PS4

Porsche Long Tail
    1. pretend racer 1.14.909 pc

ACC
    1. Mike Reynolds 1:57:432 PC
    2. SlowGrayAudi 1:57.534 PC
    3. TinPeach 1:59.178 XSX

20. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    1:58.440
    XSX
    Not the best I could have done, half a second slow in the first sector, but just in case I don’t get to go again I thought I would post it.

Attached Files:

21. SlowGrayAudi

Its not a great combo. I think Paul Ricard needs a more compliant car for it to be fun.