1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Well, let's just say it was a racing incident. :)

LATE4APEX likes this.
  2. devil in me

devil in me Racer

It was a racing incident till that moment. That's my opinion too.
    The bump was caused by the outside car for sure, but it didn't done nothing to both cars, what happened after is for another thread.
    I already said and I think this is true, had Salvatore not shown the after party incidents this was not even a thing and even if it was, everyone would agree on who's fault was.

People just got sided with Salvatore because of the walk of shame.

But let's go into the next one

3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

At least GONKO didn't reply :p

After_Midnight likes this.
  4. DCN

DCN Rookie

it sounds like someone is watching too many F1 highlights and thinks that was leaving enough space :D
    assuming others driving perfectly, kissing the apex like an alien hot lap video is a big mistake
    good players know when to attack and how to attack to mitigate risks
    if you can overtake him from the outside line without switchback, very likely you can overtake him elegantly in the next few corners but take the inside line

5. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Here you go lads, knock yourselves out. :)
    Yes I'm in the Ferrari so I know as the poster it's probably all my fault he he :)

6. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

This I would rate racing incident.
    You could have avoided the curb on the inside, and he could have left you a bit more room...

In both cases the incident could have been avoided.

Radfahrer likes this.
  7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

He obviously blamed me but I though his exit line was very shallow and he had a lot of steering lock on considering I was along side.

8. your mistake is you didn't do anything wrong

Radfahrer and Winston like this.
  9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Ha ha , I'm sure not everyone agrees

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  10. You should have expected he ignored the radar :D

11. devil in me

devil in me Racer

People disagree when there are reasons to disagree.

If there are none...

12. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Here you go, another one from me just for your delight and pleasure. So you don't say i only talk but never post. Retired from my 6 months "hollidays" from ACC just to get something to post, didn't toke long, in fact, one race was all it toke.
    Just posting because i got blamed for the incidents as it could not be any different.

Send my way your criticism :)

13. are you the mclaren perhaps?

14. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Why would that matter ? Its suppose to be a video to judge situations. Why does it matter who is who? I'm not affraid to tell what car i was, just dont get why does that matter for judging what we think. Anyway its obvious what car i was, i think!

15. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I see a lot of "send it" in that clip from both parties. Seems to be a big skill gap between the Mcl and Boatley. Since I'm always the slowest on track I can relate to the Boatley but I also give space to faster cars instead of trying to block them. The McL on the entrance to the last curve should keep more distance for safety in the braking zone. The Boatley should then let you pass in the next straight. Bash to pass is no good racing IMO.

Looking again it seems the Bentley is trying to block a lot while being very slow.

16. are you the bentley perhaps?

17. devil in me

devil in me Racer

:D:D:D Maybe...

Still don't get why does that matter for anything.

Without that information it's hard to put someone on Christ cross!:D:D:D

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  18. McLaren driver too close to the Bentley driver when reaching the braking zone. Absolutely no margin for error if the driver in front brakes slightly earlier than anticipated by the McLaren driver.

19. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

First clip. Mcl should have anticipated that since the Bentley was slow in the chicane, they might break early to make get a good exit for final corner. Also they might be slower all lap (unknown). McL needed to go on brakes earlier, then could have bled them if Bentley was faster. Its the exit to the final corner that matters on that.
    2nd clip. Bentley tries to cover but fails. They give up the place, but fights on the exit
    3rd clip. If this is right after the 2nd clip, then McL should have realised what Bentley would have done and covered the inside, or expected an overshoot so they would have needed to keep an eye in mirrors for cutback.
    If is other laps, then it was a late send. I know that time shouldn't matter for this, but in my experience everyone tries to recover a lost place on the next few corners

20. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

Update...
    3rd clip is couple laps after 2nd clip.
    Bentley sends for WAY far back. I know it has good brakes, exp compared to McL, but that was a SEEEEEENNNNNNNDDDDDD.
    Only question is how much in the laps between 2nd and 3rd clip did the Bentley try the inside to T1, or how much distance did they gain in the braking zone?
    I know I've followed a car into T1 with a simlar gap and had to swerve to the left and go offtrack as the car infront braked slightly earlier than in prev laps.

For fault.
    1st = McL
    2nd = racing
    3rd = Bentley / but depending upon previous laps, McL might have expected it