1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #233

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jul 3, 2021.

1. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

I would recommend switching the clutch spring over to the accelertor. Its a bigger difference than you think.

Pretend racer likes this.
  2. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

For the extra resistance on the accelerator. I’ll give that go.

Although it feels so much more controllable, the change from conical to spring is needing a lot of practice to get used to that extra play that is afforded. The old was almost like an on / off switch.

I can feel the set will be so much better, it replicates a real pedal feel much, much better, it’s just taking longer than I thought it would to get used to the variable pressure available (which is strange considering I’ve been driving far longer than sim racing, so would have thought that additional feel would be easier to switch to).

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  3. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC Abarth
    Rod100
    Xb1

AC Lamborghini
    Rod100
    Xb1

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

4. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:44.562
    PC

Raised f/r 2mm, rear bar max, rear springs 1 click softer.

upload_2021-7-7_16-53-54.png

5. SlowGrayAudi

Video uploading now, not sure if I can do any better than that.

1:44.562

6. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    local_man1234
    1:44.970
    Ps4

PS_App_20210708_024356.jpeg

7. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

How do you swap those springs, do you have to take the unit apart?

I’ve settled on a black and red mix for brake, feels really nice. I’ve also added all of the spacers within the centre silver spring to remove the dead zone it creates.

I need to put some times on the board now, even though I’m still not quite settled in.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    SlowGrayAudi and Pretend racer like this.
  8. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

This is fabulous!

9. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Thanks - I have gotten used to the three screens now and it really is a big step forward coming from my 32:9 screen. It took me hours to adjust the fov correctly. And I need to readjust the height of the monitors again! Like I said, you need to be sitting directly in the middle of the front monitor or the side lines will look weird. So nothing to just buy unless you are serious about this hobby :D And Runninng 7680x1440p makes the 3080 ti struggle @144hz as it cannot maintain the fps all the time, so I just stay with 120hz for now. Upgrade needed! :D

Regarding your pedals: It took my weeks to adjust to the Heusinkveld Sprints. I think adjusting to pedals is the most difficult thing in sim racing, but I am sure it will be wort it!

AC - Abarth
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:20:525
    [​IMG]

10. SlowGrayAudi

Luckily for me i run my pedals inverted so my clutch is my accelerator.

Im not sure exactly, but maybe look at barrys video from the srg when he reviewed them. He always takes things apart.

Pretend racer and TinPeach like this.
  11. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

My t500 has been acting up a little bit lately, so I have been doing research on upgrading my equipment. I'll go with the accuforce v2 wheel and my debate is whether or not to upgrade my t3pa's to the heusinkveld sprints. I can get an adapter and keep my pedals so that's the cheaper option for sure. I'm really curious to hear how you adjust to your new pedals @TinPeach.

@GoodGame.eXistenZ what pedals did you have before the sprints? When you say it took weeks to adjust, are you talking about getting back to the same laptimes as your old pedals, or just about having that intuitive feeling of how much to brake?
    Also, do you actually do any drifting in AC, or is that handbrake for rallying?
    Have you thought about adding some bass shakers to your rig?
    Have you ever actually had to use the emergency stop button for the DD wheel?
    Do you have any other steering wheels? If I switch to the V2 I'm a little worried that going from a 30cm wheel to a 32cm wheel will feel a bit like getting new pedals. I'm trying to figure out if I need a formula style rim or not. Probably won't be able to figure that one out till I have the V2 in my hands though.

TinPeach and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  12. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC - Abarth
    TinPeach
    XSX
    1:24:560
    Thought I would get these up to post some times and then I can concentrate on the pedals.

Attached Files:

13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    XSX
    1:46:824

My last drive on ACC was Tuesday, just after I had literally plugged the pedals in - averaged 1:53’s and gave up before I had even finished the 10mims stint.

Since then, I’ve stuck to the little 500 on AC and have now finally returned to my beloved ACC. As you can see from the stint, first lap and all my thoughts were “here we go again!”. But, very quickly I started to discover my new braking markers and the improvement quickly kicked in. Using the new pedals is still very much a work in progress, but they are starting feel ‘right’ - if you know what I mean.

The progressiveness, almost slide rule feel, you can achieve when releasing the pedal is night and day to the T3’s. I am now expecting good things going forward and starting to feel confident - obviously still within the confines of my actual driving talent levels - but I think I am starting to fall in love with these things.

Attached Files:

14. SlowGrayAudi

Im glad you like them1 its a learning curve for sure, but once you get comfortable its so much more natural.

15. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Go for the HV!!! : ) Only pedals you will ever need and tons of adjustability.

I do not do drifting or rallying at all, but I just like to have the handbrake there. For AWD cars it can make the difference in tight turns but I do not use it that much.
    I never liked the idea to have shakers or a bucket seat for my rig. I am sweating enough already and I feel I need some comfort and not die hard realism on my rig. I am not trying to emulate a real car after all, although I can imagine it is good fun.
    I never had to use the emergency button on my wheel, but hurt my thumb a few times while letting go of the wheel too early when it snapped. So I can imagine it is good to have it there just in case :D
    Atm I have the Ascher button box with the Porsche Cup rim in 32cm (round) and a GT3 wheel with 30cm. I feel it is good to have wheels that you are comfortable with. But with F1 cars even the 30cm wheel feels not right. If I'd have to go for a wheel for mainly F1 and GT3 I would go for 28cm.

16. SlowGrayAudi

Im really happy with the value for money my McLaren GT3 V2 rim gives. Also since i have broad shoulders the 30cm width is a good fit for me.

Not sure if ill ever get a formula rim. But if like to get a nice round rim at some point from Fanatec.

mike reynolds and Pretend racer like this.
  17. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC Abarth
    Rod100

Mistakenly started with standard fuel (30 liters), and found out that the cars handles better due to the aft CG.

@GoodGame.eXistenZ , what a nice sim! As you're on triple monitors, have you seen/considered Asus bezel free kit?[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

18. AC Abarth
    BenBB
    PC
    1:21:265

Hi guys;
    Long time no see !
    Had to take some time off due to intense work (end of remote working ?) and a broken elbow; but man, did I miss this game !
    Thanks a lot @Pretend racer for the challenge - and your video; this was the trigger to un-dust my pedals :) (I agree on everything with your setup, but increased wing to 1 - this yogurt car just slides too much when I remove it ^^)
    Capture.PNG

19. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

@Pretend racer regarding the pedals, even though I’m not up to speed, the change is huge.

If little old me, at my talent level can feel the benefits these will offer, someone of your skills will probably reap huge reward. I have plugged my old T3’s back in just to compare - can’t go back, there is no comparison. Great recommendation to change @SlowGrayAudi !

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  20. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Thanks mate! Yes, it lies here in my room and waits to be installed. It is made for 27 inch screens so I am waiting for some materials to build my own extensions and see how it goes. Will post results once properly fit : )

Pretend racer and Rod100 like this.