1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #233

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jul 3, 2021.

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

And back with a brilliant time : ) !
    Good to have you back. Cannot imagine how much it would suck to not be able to move parts of the body for a long time. You probalby feel like a new man :D

2. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I couldn't agree more about the Mclaren rim, I've had a formula rim but at 28cm it feels to small for anything but formula cars, but the Mclaren is more versatile, and crucially doesn't feel over sized om open wheelers, and is spot on for GT & Prototypes.

I also have the universal hub, which I use with the "small round" rim for historical open wheelers, and the R300 for pretty much everything else....those three options cover all the bases quite nicely (although I would love a wheel of similar size/size design to the Mclaren, just better quality....come on Fanatec!)

Oh and the Heusinkveld sprint pedals, anyone considering them, go for it. Love mine....very worthy upgrade on the fanatec V3's I was using before

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  3. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

However, my clutch started squeaking around Christmas and has gotten worse since. Apparently you need to use grease and not the recommended PTFE spray. Bit odd you buy a product a that price range and you need to worry about any squeaking shortly after.

Video of my Abarth lap:

4. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Im glad they are what you wanted!

Pretend racer and TinPeach like this.
  5. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

For round rims from fanatec is the r300 a good universal size for road cars and older race cars? Or would a 320 or 330 be better you think?

I only wanna buy one round rim in the future.

Pretend racer likes this.
  6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Absolutely loving them so far, very pleased indeed.

SlowGrayAudi likes this.
  7. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Final Results

AC

Arbarth

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ 1:20:525 PC
    2. BenBB 1:21:265 PC
    3. pretend racer 1.21.539 pc
    4. local_man1234 1:21.948 Ps4
    5. Peggy11 1:22:952 PC
    6. Totall Wrytoff 1.24.222 PS4
    7. TinPeach 1:24:560 XSX
    8. Rod100 1.24.712 Xb1

Countach
    1. GoodGame.eXistenZ 1:20:615 PC
    2. pretend racer 1.21.748 pc
    3. Totall Wrytoff 1.24.229 PS4
    4. Rod100 1.25.050 Xb1

ACC
    1. SlowGrayAudi 1:44.562 PC
    2. local_man1234 1:44.970 Ps4
    3. Mike Reynolds 1:45:993 PC
    4. TinPeach 1:46:824 XSX
    5. Peggy11 1:47:286 PC

Well I have to say I'm a little surprised that more people turned in laptimes with the fwd econobox than the classic supercar. I guess I was the only one with the Alpine poster of the red Countach on my bedroom wall?

Congrats to everyone who put in some laps this week! @Benoit Boyadjis came back with a blistering laptime that was just slightly ahead of pretend racer, and slightly behind the WR holder @GoodGame.eXistenZ. Congrats to @Rod100 who tweaked the setup just right to make earn this weeks MIP - most improved player award! @Totall Wrytoff manages to claim the most consistent award because his laptimes in both cars were only different by 0.007 seconds! That is seriously impressive.

Congrats again to @SlowGrayAudi who led the charge for the ACC sim. Setup tweaks and a few more laps proved instrumental in claiming the top spot this week. @local_man1234 was smooth enough for second place and @mike reynolds earned third place this week - he's had a bit more time to adjust to his pedals than @TinPeach :D

8. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

All this talk about sim rig equipment and upgrading has had me doing a lot of research this week. I am pretty sure I know what I'd like to buy but I have to try and remember that I don't actually Need any new equipment until something I have actually breaks. Actually, its pretty easy to remember when I look at the total price in the cart - $4500 cad :eek: Also, I might need a new computer in a couple of years when ac2 comes out, prob another $4500 :confused: Too bad reality checks aren't worth anything.