1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. WONDERFOL!!! Many many thanks!!

Is this suspension travel data when the car is standing still?
    upload_2021-9-5_12-34-20.png

2. @sebastien Brunier
    This is the result gaph, and now i can modify and improve the set-up
    Thanks so much for your kind help!!!!!
    upload_2021-9-5_13-20-45.png

chksix likes this.
  3. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

go to this message for the explanation of the ride height per axle
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ated-acc-workspace.55103/page-37#post-1199413

then you can use the two expressions to make a rake channel in the Maths as explained.

I can't say if the shown ride height are the standing still values in your screenshot, but yeah jump out of the box drive the pit lane, stop the car and wait a sec, drive again and complete your lap to get the telemetry output. There are ways to make it automated (to pick standing still ride height) and to also use setup sheets to pick the static ride height you've set in the car setup, but that's more advanced MoteC use ;-)

misuri.riccardo likes this.
  4. This math shows when you can check your damper position to "zero" it at static compression, so that you can then add also your static ride heights to have them dinamically.
    choose(
    'Damper Vel FL' [mm/s] < 0.005 AND
    'Damper Vel FL' [mm/s] > -0.005 AND
    'Damper Vel FR' [mm/s] < 0.005 AND
    'Damper Vel FR' [mm/s] > -0.005 AND
    'Damper Vel RL' [mm/s] < 0.005 AND
    'Damper Vel RL' [mm/s] > -0.005 AND
    'Damper Vel RR' [mm/s] < 0.005 AND
    'Damper Vel RR' [mm/s] > -0.005 AND
    'SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm]-'SUS_TRAVEL_RF' [mm] < 0.005 AND
    'SUS_TRAVEL_LR' [mm]-'SUS_TRAVEL_RR' [mm] < 0.005 AND
    'SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm]-'SUS_TRAVEL_RF' [mm] > -0.005 AND
    'SUS_TRAVEL_LR' [mm]-'SUS_TRAVEL_RR' [mm] > -0.005 AND
    'SPEED' [km/h] < 0.005,
    1, 0)

Once you have that channel, you can directly use the following to get the value to sum without going to check yourself (note that 'damper_zero' == 1 refers to the math I just posted above; also note that you gotta do this for each damper position, the following refers to left front damper static compression when the car is completely stopped on a flat floor)
    choose(
    'damper_zero' == 1,
    stat_end('SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm], 'damper_zero' == 1, range_change("Outings:Laps")),
    invalid())

Unfortunately though, you will have to add offsets manually, since on a flying lap the last channel won't show anything.
    If anyone knows how to mantain the last value also on a flying lap, that would be great, since we could then use this directly to get your ride heights without doing anything manually:
    -'SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm]+stat_end('static compression FL' [mm], 1, range_change("Outings:Laps"))

Otherwise what you can do is to use this, removing the range_change reset, but you must unsure you will not make other wheel rate adjustments later in the same session.
    choose(
    'damper_zero' == 1,
    stat_end('SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm], 'damper_zero' == 1),
    invalid())

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  5. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

the whole thing you find only if go out of the setup and then just wait 5sec, because the ratio changes with spring or ride height, you have to enter this also constantly...for myself i take the 5 sec to search in sus_trv (indicator is then the full brake just before the goes out) and then type it in.

6. chubreezy

chubreezy Rookie

Hello guys, could you inform me what I am doing wrong. I could not display the corner radius graph on Motech by in-putting this Math sqr('SPEED' [ft/s]/'G_LAT' [ft/s/s]) .
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

7. Manic_Driver

Manic_Driver Racer

For logged channels, you have to use the units it is recorded in, so m/s/s I believe (Motec will automatically fill it in if you remove the bracket part). So change speed m/s and g lat to its default unit.

Change the result unit to m, because that is the resultant unit. You can change the display unit to ft and Motec will automatically do the conversion for you.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  8. Manic_Driver

Manic_Driver Racer

There's also been an unusual change between 1.7 and 1.8 where the logged channels now have correct units logged instead of a question mark. Because of this, if you are trying to read logged data before 1.8 some of the calculations may not work unless you change the bracketed units. There's a way to circumvent this in the components menu, but you will have to edit every math channel that used that logged channel, but once you do it, you can switch between any log file without any issues.

9. chubreezy

chubreezy Rookie

Thanks for the reply. Really appreciated. New to this. The graph is still not displaying the data i am looking for. . The Y Axis # are all funky..

Attached Files:

10. Manic_Driver

Manic_Driver Racer

That's actually correct

Lateral G is in the denominator, which means when it equals zero, the graph shoots up towards infinity because divide by 0 is logic doom. Corner radius only really shows up when lat G increases, so you have to adjust your Y axis to much smaller values, like 0-500 ft or something.

An easier channel to look at is curvature, which is 1/corner radius. This gets you a much more sensible looking trace that doesn't shoot off into infinity.

I did a whole post on corner radius/curvature here if you want to check it out: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...e-most-from-data-analysis.69903/#post-1201642

11. chubreezy

chubreezy Rookie

Thanks for the clarification. Make sense now. I will check out the link as you've suggested.
    Again, Thank you

12. Thanks you very much!!!

Exists some portal or repository or database with telemetry from other users?? I would like compare my data with other users

13. n1lyn

n1lyn Racer

we're currently building just that with many top ACC drivers involved, with better comparability for the car's position on track as well. If you need something right now, stop by our discord and im almost sure there's someone who has that track/car combo you're looking for

Manic_Driver and chksix like this.
  14. Guys I have downloaded again your workspace and I found 2 new channels: bumpstopdown and bumpstop force. What are those?

15. Kai Sforza

Kai Sforza Rookie

Thank you so much for this worksheet. I've been making steady modifications to it and have been trying to learn more and more about everything in the workbook. I also use this to store data from previous runs for looking back at my own improvement. However, I feel like a bunch of stuff is missing, at least for some of the stuff I do such as brake bias/pressure and track temps, as well as stuff like the driver name, car number, etc.

I'm wondering if it's possible to export some more data that's already in the shared memory, such as
    • current brake bias
    • front/rear brake pressures normalized to the car using appendix 3 of the shared memory docs
    • current TC/TC2/ABS setting
    • current brake pad/disc wear (mm)
    • brake pad option (1/2/3/4)
    • current fuel level (l)
    • track and air temp
    • tyre name (DHE, DHD2, DHA/DH-A*, WH*, etc.)
    • wind speed and direction - this could be static in the ldx, though, not sure if it changes.
    • in-game time
    • PSL on/off
    • car track coordinates for GPS-ish positioning
    • exhaust/water temps
    • track grip status enum
    • aero and suspension damage status (to see how it affects everything)
    And also if we could get some better auto-generation of the .ldx files, with things like:
    • driver name
    • car number
    • track length
    • session name (race, practice, hotlap, etc.)
    • time multiplier
    • changing "event" to server name, not the track name again?
    Everything I've posted in here is in the shared memory and would probably be easy enough to put into the .ld/x files.

---

Another very useful thing would be telemetry to MoTeC. I was running an endurance race and having this data available on a live basis when there are 4 other people who could help would be so useful. I know this is a separate license, though. Being able to run a T2 server with authentication so multiple people can connect would be much safer and 'built-in' to ACC.

16. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher Rookie

I updated my MoTeC a few days ago, and it kinda messed up the base_ACC workspace. The entire workspace just doesn't work when I switch to distance-based telemetry. Furthermore, it doesn't look like the distance is even shown (it just says ---). Can anyone help me with it? upload_2022-8-19_20-30-40.png

Attached Files:

17. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Rookie

Hello,

Is Motec i2 Pro V1.1.4.0456 working for everyone else?

I've had this working for about a month with no problems, Improving my setup and lap times, so a positive result.

I was using it today and I noticed I can move the dampers (McLaren 720s) to their extremes and get little to no register with the numbers in the Motec software.

I've tried Aggressive setup and my own to rule out corrupted setup files, checked file integrity, and upgraded Motec to latest with the same result.

Any suggestions Appreciated

Jason

18. Only dampers don't work? Are you sure you set lap telemetry with this setup in the setup UI?

19. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Rookie

Hello Salvatore,

I'm only using Motec for the dampers at Present, the rest I'm going to have to learn, and yes I'm set up for six laps in the setup menu.

Thankyou

Jason

20. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Rookie

Is their any way to uninstall the last update/hot fix just to rule them out at my end?

tia

Jason