1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is anyone else faster with the gt2 cars rather than the gt3 ones?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by EMi, Dec 15, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

GT cars are race specific machines in many cases not resembling the real cars much more then a basic shape. Many GT3 cars can actually be bought from the factory race spec ready these days and its a very popular series because of this. After all in many countries there is little point in having a supercar for the road as you dont get to drive it any differently then if you had any other POS, may as well get a track specific one in a series designed to allow driver aids to make less skilled drivers not suck as much as they would otherwise.

Mcalaren even made a faster version of the MP4 12c can am that isnt restricted by GT3 rules and so cant be raced in any series but purely for track day use for extra rich buggers not interested in racing but want better performance then gt3 cars can give.
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/201524/mclaren-mp4-12c-gt-can-am-edition-enter-production/

[​IMG]

The Nissan GTR doesnt share much with its street cousin other then body design just like many other gt cars, In japan I have even seen a Prius GT3 beat all other GT3 cars. :D

[​IMG]

The GT2 cars in AC also have much better tyres then the GT3 cars so this is one of their main advantage along with more aero for better cornering grip.

Magun likes this.
  2. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

That's not entirely true, the FIA created both GT2 and GT3, they're just different specifications for different reasons and series.

3. Arti

Arti Gamer

Technicly it is not GT3 car. The class is called GT300, but since recent years the GT3 cars are allowed to race against them. As far as i know the GT300 cars have even less in common with their road variants. The Subarus BRZ GT300 has a completely changed suspension design. If i remember correctly the Prius i rear wheel driven.

4. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Great post. While the differences between GT2 and GT3 were celar to me before, what you mentioned about the many name changes is the most confusing thing to me. I am not a regular race watcher and I rememberGT racing of the late 90ies up to 2000 (go Team Oreca Viper :) ) when car classes were very distinguishable. Now I just see new classes pop up everywhere in GT racing and it is very confusing. This is not very well explained on random google searches. All in all a great topic, a lot of useful info.

Also, who has fond memories of this bad boy?
    [​IMG]
    Crazy times when a car manufacturer would build such cars just for homologation purposes and boos their image at the same time.
    And then we saw this magical moment happening in GT1 history...
    [​IMG]
    Looks like broken game physics to me :)
    Classes were so easily distinguished back then... Nowadays gentlemen racers get access to almost FACTORY spec racers and need a separate class. this is crazy too.

Qwaribo and F430_458_F12 like this.
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The other reason GT1 didnt quite succeed is because they were pretty much prototype race cars and one off builds, this made them very expensive and fields were quite small in comparison to what has now come of the main series which is mostly gt3. Seeing GT3 cars mostly can be bought race ready from the manufacturer any person with a bit of cash or a race team can get into the series without direct factory assistance. The class also has BOP so racing is relatively close plus full use of ABS and TC in most series to allow for am drivers to be on circuit with the full on pro drivers. Many of the big races attract huge fields with well over 100 entries for the 24 hr races such as Spa and Nordschleife which dont have any prototype cars running alongside the GT cars.

The racing is really quite good and competitive in the gt cars these days and its also possible for a non professional driver if good enough to get a car that can match the top teams filled with pro drivers, they are quite easy to drive but still takes proper skill to get the most out of them. I am not a huge fan of having TC in GT racing but some am drivers are pretty bad even with full aids. I wonder if this guy ever drove his green Ferrari after the Blancpain Monza race last year.

I also remember watching the Nordschleife 24 hrs for a few hours last year with 2 of the cars separated by less then 2 seconds for probably 2 full fuel stints. Even the Bathurst 12hr last year was probably a better race then the v8 supercar race and next years field should be even better. So GT3 is the main series world wide and many manufacturers are getting into it by building customer cars to anyone that has the cash with more and more coming in each year it seems.

6. In other words, GT4 is better than all of the others combined ;)

7. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

I won't let you claim it alone. Apparently I'm a bigger idiot. I've been playing this for a year and I also did NOT know that the bigger the number the 'slower' the spec.
    Also... the two guys I play with did not know that... in fact we all prefer the M3 and would always throw it in our multiplayer matches and unknowingly pit it against the wrong cars.

Old Geezer and Tony74 like this.
  8. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

try to race with an evora GTE against a 458 GT2 and write here the results, please.

9. plaid

plaid Alien

The Evora GTE is as much of an GTE car as the 911 GT3 is a GT3 car. GT2s got more or less replaced by GTE's.

nate likes this.
  10. jamba

jamba Racer

Incorrect

11. yusupov

yusupov Alien

he did, i think he almost killed someone at spa, sadly. dont remember the details.

12. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

actually they are. i think the evora gte is a road car, its not competitive with other gte/gt2 cars

nate likes this.
  14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

you should compare the gtc or gx.. not gte (? I think)

15. EMi

EMi Rookie

Thanks everyone for the amazing responses!

I don't think many people fully understand this as well. Yesterday I was racing online in a server which had the gt3 and gt2 cars. I was 2nd. or 3rd. with an m3 and I had passed 12c's and z4's to get there, and I was just pulling away. I thought "wow I'm really good, look at me with my little bmw and they can't keep up with those supercars". Of course I passed them, my car is so much better. What an idiot :)

Great post! I totally agree with the sentiment of "sharing" the experience of owning that same car that is racing. And it's just so much more of a show to attend something like a Blancpain race than an F1 race. But, you know, F1 is F1, the pinnacle and glamour of everything. And it is a big marketing tool too. For example, this year Mercedes absolutely dominated everything with the new engines, and they are publiciting it like mad.

To me all of them are great and fascinating. If anyone is interested, here's a list of all races of all series in 2014: http://redd.it/2ogsv2

16. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

A really nice point! So many information. Well written and a good read. Just one naggle:
    F458GT2 is not rev limited. It's air intake limited. You can rev it up to 8.5k RPM, but it runs out of breath at about 7.3.

Madsen, Old Geezer and PhenOm like this.
  17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Which you can wonderfully observe in a sim called assetto corsa! :D

PhenOm likes this.
  18. yusupov

yusupov Alien

yeah i agree with ferrari's post but disagree about F1, i am sure AMG mercedes owners were quite pleased with this season for example.

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Only considering my personal - mediocre at best - performance standards: with default setups I can do Spa in best lap times of 2:20 in GT2 cars, and 2:23 in GT3 cars.

And here is the joke: in the LaFerrari I can do it in 2:18. LOL.

Regulations and race classes all fine and well - at least in the sim obviously a lot depends also on individual driving style. Or as the say: its a question of taste. LOL

20. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

F430_458_F12 likes this.