1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is anyone else faster with the gt2 cars rather than the gt3 ones?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by EMi, Dec 15, 2014.

1. yusupov

yusupov Alien

actually SS & i had this convo briefly on steam yesterday, i think we both agreed LF should be faster on most any track (i said specifically on race tires, not sure what tires you used),

2. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Dammit...forgot about the lack of rev-limiting. Got the facts confused. The engine seems to be performance restricted but not rev limited...Kunos properly modeled that revving beyond the shift indicators. My bad.

Old Geezer likes this.
  3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I just corrected my time for the LF at Spa by around 4 secs to a 2:15 now... LOL. That thing is so insanely fast on the straights, you could make a stop underway and buy and enjoy some French Fries and ask for a salad afterwards - and still compensate the break and reach the finishing line before that trail of GT-snails... LOL

Unbelievable where the aerodynamics get that grip from to make it still that relatively agile.

4. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

laferrari can do it in 2:11 :)

McNappa likes this.
  5. yusupov

yusupov Alien

im wondering what the non-petrol koenigsegg one:1 can do now

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

GT cars have way more downforce and grip then most hypercars. La Ferrari and 599xx both have actice aero and drs. So down the straights they reduce rear wing drag and gain even more speed. The Zonda R is a bit more race care without any active aero but way more power yet similar downforce to a gt2 car.

GT classes having BOP rules to make racing close means they arent exactly the fastest things around a track. But compare a hypercar and gt car, they may get similar lap times but done very differently. Even the formula Tatuus will get similar times then them but again differently. Way more aero and less power so it is quicker through corners but gobbled up in straights.

Still racing cars together that get their laptimes so differently is not a great thing. Here is an example of what happens when you follow a hypercar in a gtc evora. This was in a handicap league race in one round where the slowest guys were given 599's. I was in the evora gtc and my actual lap times would be 2 seconds a lap faster then the 2 guys in the 599's. They hiwever gained 4 seconds just on the straight so ubless they went off I had no chance of passing them. Here is a sped up replay of the end of my race.

We also have forced pitstops so I pitted early to try and get away from these 2 599's. This didnt work as I messed up my pit stop and also my lap pace wit a full tank and hards was now not much quicker then them on softer tyres and lighter fuel load. I was real happy when they both pulled out of the pits ahead of me to continue on the punishment. :D

Justin Cruze and Bailey like this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Wiki has the 458 GT2 8 seconds faster than the GT3 round the Nordschleife.

But that is Wiki :)

8. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

Wait what? Seems like I've been revving the daylight out of it for no good reason :oops:

9. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Looks like your average sim MP grid filler. :)

Madsen and martcerv like this.
  10. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Very informative,
    thanks for sharing!

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

That Ferrari was not driven by me! :rolleyes: I can mess up any car you give me. Promised. :p

12. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

:eek: WHY!? Why would they just 'call' it that when there's an actual class of performance insinuated by those letters? This is why many of us are soooo confused by all the prefixes and suffixes. GT, GTX, GT2, GT3, GTE, GTLM, GTC and not to mention GTR .... I almost need a handy dandy chart to enjoy watching any race these days.

Jos_theboss likes this.
  13. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

If you think the designations are bad, wait till you start learning about the regulations between classes and how they restrict the cars. BOP is one of the most contested things...Audi won 24H SPA, the next year they had cars that could barely keep up, it's like the FIA punishes winners.

Old Geezer likes this.
  14. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Same thing happened with Yuasa Honda in BTCC this year, turbo was turned down so much that they just couldn't keep up on the straights :(

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

GT2 M3'S at Imola is my fav right now.

But would like some thing different thrown in, anybody know other GT2 cars in AC ?

Thanks, LATE4APEX

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  16. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

Well, obviously the Ferrari and P4/5, there's also the free URD Corvette, and the paid URD EGT mod, which includes a totally-not-a-Porsche, Aston Martin, SRT Viper and BMW Z4 GT2.

17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Thanks Serious, don't know how I missed the Ferrari GT2, don't see any other AC cars labeled GT2, but the Ferrari will be good.

Thanks, LATE4APEX

F430_458_F12 likes this.