1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Thoughts For 0.5

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mclarenf1papa, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Speculations?

I'm guessing it'll be a larger update than usual to compensate for the lack of recent updates due to the holidays. No idea about the content though. AND PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO AN " I WANT MULTIPLAYER AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW" TYPE OF THREAD.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 gameplay thoughts Feb 22, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality About pull the pin - latest thoughts on best VR headset for ACC? Nov 5, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Your thoughts since release Jul 25, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Creating Fuel Strategy Spreadsheet, any thoughts on features? Dec 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Some thoughts about ACC (laughing or crying?) Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thoughts on degrees of rotation Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Thoughts on an Application like Trading Paints May 23, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Just finished a full length Bathurst 12 hour, and I have some thoughts Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Gameplay 1.05 - Why I don't drive ACC regularly - Single Player thoughts Jul 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Morning thoughts (off the wheel) May 24, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Issues/Thoughts Apr 14, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI thoughts after 0.6.4 Mar 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AI thoughts (skill & aggressiveness @ 100) Mar 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Build 5 Thoughts Jan 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Happy New Year to all and some thoughts about the experience thus far Dec 31, 2018

3. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

This thread should get locked.!!

There's no point in saying "Pls don't turn this into".

These cry babies are gonna' cry when they don't get what they want, after all the hype and expectations a thread like this will create. :rolleyes:

Dinca Andrei, xyr, Ethan Dean and 2 others like this.
  4. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Thoughts for 1.5 ?? Or 0.5 ??

5. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

I'm pretty sure for v0.5.
    I think it will be the next Zonda, 2 Lotus and probably the SLS. As circuit I hope for Spa or the Nurburgring.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

C3PO likes this.
  6. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Let's see where this thread will go. :D

EDIT: title thread corrected.

7. KitrinosKat

KitrinosKat Hardcore Simmer

Probably Nürburgring, cause Spa is scheduled for a free DLC as far as I know. I'm assuming we would have it only after 1.0, but I can be wrong (and hope so. :D )
    As for the cars, I'm hoping for 458 Italia GT2 and Lotus 98T.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  8. Bailey

Bailey Alien

As far as I have read scanning for the ring starts in spring. I also think the SLS comes with Spa.
    I have some theories, but I'll keep them to myself. :p Insider info does not do to well on the outside o_O
    ~Bailey

9. XN-Sigma

XN-Sigma Gamer

The only thing I really want right now is AI, but I know that will come later eventually, whatever comes in 0.5 will be fine.

As for cars, my guess is that at least 1 more lotus will come in the next update since there are plenty left yet.
    As for tracks, there are only 2 missing that aren't DLC, "Germany track" and Trento, right? So I'd guess one these would show up next.

10. Let's see: There are only 3 tracks left (not counting Spa because even though we get it free pretty sure it and the Mercedes twins are coming after 1.0)
    This update is the halfway point to V1.0 so I'm going to say Trento Bondone (I hope its Nurburgring GP though)

By my count there are 15 cars coming between now and 1.0 (17 with the Mercs but they are after 1.0 i think) so probably 1 or 2 Lotus' and 1 ?? (might as well just guess, who knows)

Flatspotting of tires...(wild guess here; don't even know if this will be in V1.0...would love for a dev to confirm so I would know if I won or lost an argument on another forum)

Brake Heat and Fade

MP.....(I can dream, right? Probably not going to happen just because I want it so bad)

A slew of little things we would never think of that are amazing and blow us away!

Sounds like a good build to me.

11. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

firstly I'd be pleasantly surprised if 0.5 comes out this Friday, I would hope Kunos took some time off over Xmas and the new year so that could delay the update by a week.
    But if they were glued to the office then I'd expect the usual bug fixes and a new track maybe, no idea what new cars might be added....hopefully a racing car not road car!

12. @Pulley I believe Stefano said on Twitter that next build is either on the 12th or 17th...Hopefully they are taking at least a little break for the holidays.

mclarenf1papa and Pulley like this.
  13. KitrinosKat

KitrinosKat Hardcore Simmer

Yeah! By Nürburgring I meant Nürburgring GP. Sorry about the confusion. :D'

14. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Recent updates? There was no update due if we stuck with the 2 week rule. Next update would have been due on the 3rd dude.

You should get locked.

Gijs likes this.
  15. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I thought so. It does not help that these tracks are all in a different language, haha.
    ~Bailey

KitrinosKat likes this.
  16. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

Just a complete stab in the dark, but I think v0.5 will include:

- Various bug fixes (safe bet :D)
    - Lotus 2-Eleven GT4
    - Mclaren MP4-12C GT3
    - BMW 1M

Tracks:
    - Nurburgring GP

Dinca Andrei likes this.
  17. Qusso

Qusso Racer

Guys are you sure by 3rd jan there will be update ? Didnt Marco said there will be no updates till mid January ? Not really sure about that but if 3rd Jan is going to be release I hope for :

AI atleast 1-2 cars or even 1-2 tracks to have someone to race with .
    Trento Bondone ! :) (I cant wait for this track to drive up and down the hill with M3 and 458 :)

18. Latest news I have seen is new build on 12th or 17th.

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  19. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Not saying we will get an update on 3rd Jan. Just saying that we were not due an update until then, as one guy was saying "larger update than usual to compensate for the lack of recent updates" which is of course completely false.

Of course they (Kunos) Deserve a break! So I'd say next update would be 17th?

20. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

I welcome any changes, fixes, additions, but really am hoping for a sound update, especially with reverb/doppler effects.

21. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

As said, no audio engine updates (reverbs and so on) until 1.0. No time for devs to work on that right now.
    Of course, in the meantime some engine sounds will be updated and improved.

paulieGTR and mattrick like this.