1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online there are too many cheats and offline ai ram all the time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrazyMasterBlaster, Oct 17, 2015.

1. If there's one thing I've seen (for the first time yesterday actually), it was on a server without "checksum" or whatever it's called. Some guy edited his surface.ini and gave himself grip.

So in a way cheating, but more taking advantage of the game really.

2. What is this "social life" you refer to? How does one go about getting such a life?

3. I think something like being a douchebag or having money. Hard to tell.

4. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Or without a Facebook account? Or twitter.. Is that why we have these dedicated topics? Should "from the Facebook" be renamed to "for those without a social live"?

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Actually this is a reason why MP is worse then it should be, no its not that this is in any way a hack but that many people that see this don't understand its basic warping and terrible for every other person in the server. If your seeing everyone in the server doing this check your ping and quality to see if ping rose or quality has dropped. You can check pings of everyone in the server to see if its the server freaking out but if its just 1 client whos ping is going to the moon then its probably just the one complaining about everyone warping.

This is a clear sign your warping out like crazy, many have no idea what ping even is and also assume that when they jump in a server and everyone is warping its most likely them connecting to a server while torrenting, or just have a general crappy internet connection. If your connection is total crap you shouldn't even bother with trying to race in mp. Nearly every time I tell someone they are warping out with a very unstable connection, they have no clue and don't even know what ping is. Issues aren't only guys with higher pings but those with unstable connections, if the ping is up and down 40 to 100 to 300+ the car will be all over the place to everyone else. In fact a solid 300 connection is a heck of a lot better then an unstable one starting at 25 and going to 80+ and back which will warp quite badly.

The AI, I tried some races and are still better then the majority of people in mp servers both for pace and race craft, they do the odd lock up and nail you but race them fairly and you will mostly get some ok racing out of it. If you cant race amongst AI without hitting them or them hitting you every corner (nearly always your poor driving) then when you jump onto a server full of the same people that have the special awareness of Stevie Wonder (though he is probably more aware then many I have seen) good luck to you.

That's because that small group is those sharing the speed hax. :D They also constantly hit apexes and brake points being able to lap within a tenth or so every single lap, quite obviously these are the cheaters. If I see someone run good pace its quite easy to know for any reasonably competent driver what is possible. Those not so competent tend to think all those quicker then them must be cheating, surely its got nothing to do with lack of control and precision that makes them slower. :(

Not to say its impossible to cheat, its just far from common and I have yet to see any of the quicker guys do anything that suggests they are in any way cheating. If anyone is cheating they likely wont be a very good driver and so it would be obvious that they aren't running the lines and consistency needed to set lap times they are. I cant say I have seen this at all in AC yet and anyone that would be doing this would likely be blacklisted at many of the better servers very quickly.

There are quite a few cheaters as in bad sports, poor racing etiquette etc and these guys I regularly blacklist from my servers. Again these are very rarely the quicker guys normally someone going well out of their control knowing they don't have the pace to beat anyone fairly, needing to resort to unsportsman like tactics to win a race nobody really cares who wins. There is some satisfaction in doing your best and having a good battle, but if you need to cheat you have already lost no matter what the result is beyond that point. The satisfaction is knowing you beat someone on a level playing field, any form of cheating just makes you the first loser.

[RRRV] JuggernAlz and Ischemica like this.
  6. McStinger

McStinger Racer

...and still no web-link to some supposedly "working" AC online "cheat/trainer" available for some $$ (after 8 pages of honorable comments). Especially those who show their deep confidence here about cheats/trainer in AC could post a "link" here, so we could discover the truth!? why not!? hmm, perhaps no real web-offer is known in practise!? I dont know such an offer in the internet, but I´m as interessted in this question as many others are.

A link to such an offer would be the very easiest way to check wether there are "online working cheats/trainer" or not, cause there are many trustable guys here who could for sure test it and truly report about it.

cu on track! :cool:

7. I would bet 80% of those with unstable connections have P2P apps in the background. One thing many don't realise is you need spare bandwidth in *both* directions to keep a TCP connection smooth, so if you're hammering your upstream but you've got spare downstream bandwidth it's as if you've maxed out both ways.

8. Would you really want to post a link to a cheat/trainer hack for AC on the official AC forum?

9. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Actualy it could be helpful. Kunos may see it see how it works and prevent it. I dont think anyone of the community would use it anyway (I dont believe such thing exist).

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You can do what all the likely cheaters would and google it, I did and found an interesting discussion regarding one of the cheat/trainers.

Here are some good ones from the creators of this cheat that supposedly never worked in MP and only against AI. :D

Options
    -------

Numpad 1: Super Acceleration
    Numpad 2: Super Brakes
    Numpad 3: Freeze AI
    Numpad 4: AI Spinout
    Numpad 5: Super Jump
    Numpad 6: Freeze Timer
    Numpad 7: Reset Trainer

Notes
    -------
    Numpad 1: Super Acceleration - hold key to accelerate faster than
    normal. Beware that you can blow your engine if you have
    engine damage on and you go too fast.

Numpad 2: Super Brakes - hold key to brake faster than normal.

Numpad 3: Freeze AI -toggle on to freeze AI drivers.

Numpad 4: AI Spinout - hold key to spin out AI drivers.

Numpad 5: Super Jump - press key to launch car into air.

Numpad 6: Freeze Timer - will freeze some timers in the game.

Numpad 7: Reset Trainer - the game launches a separate program when
    you start a race or event. If the trainer is already running
    and a new program launches, use this key to re-locate the
    game so that your options will work again.

Here is the discussion regarding this cheat that came up in their forum.

game patched 3 times the last 3 days..
    really sucks when developers create games that aren't complete doesn't it?

best,
    Cal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trainer Creator

patched again yesterday. we will update this trainer today, but likely it wont work again in less than 24 hours because these developers suck and can't fix their game properly
    best,
    Cal

Trainer Creator

check back in a week. we aren't updating this trainer 5 times a day.. sorry
    best,
    Cal

Trainer Creator

yes it patched again as well last night and again this morning.
    "properly bummed up" is appropriate description of this game

best,
    cal

Trainer Creator

initial investigation appears that they have completely rewritten this game engine for the third time. by doing this, it has made it difficult and maybe impossible to separate the player's car from the AI. we may not be able to update this trainer. Still examining it but not encouraging...
    best,
    Cal

Trainer Creator

yes we tabled this game. i hate to say it's retired, but i have not been able to crack the code.
    this point of the year until january is crazy busy season for new PC releases, so we may not ever get back to this title

best,
    Cal

Trainer Creator

They really don't seem to like AC constant update cycyle as it screws with their cheats. :D The last post seems to say they have given up, so those poor kiddies that need to freeze the ai or spin them out will need to find some other way of beating them.

In searching I haven't found any info regarding any cheat that will work in mp beyond the basic surface or physics edit, which cant defeat the server file checksum as far as I have seen.

11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I just don't understand the reason for cheating in AC.
    I mean I could understand that kids who can't play are cheating in games like NFS. Not because it's arcade and we are sim elitists (at least I'm not), but because of the game progression. Something that doesn't exist in AC, you have all cars/tracks unlocked from the start and there's no official Leaderboard which would boost their ego. In games like NFS you have to unlock cars, earn more $ etc.

Louizf likes this.
  12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Ah this reminds me of the days when I was naughty and chased cracks all over the internet to play games. It's so much easier just to pay for the damn thing and play it as intended, otherwise what's the ****ing point!

TCLF and Octane like this.
  13. McStinger

McStinger Racer

...as most of you ("all of you" as I think), I am not interessted in any AC cheat/trainer, but I am interessted that this question gets figured out = in terms of proof, not in terms of assumption or speculation...
    To avoid your concern: to me it would work if this "link" would be send to one of the trustable guys here in a private conversation or simply directly to one of Kunos dev`s by private conversation, e.g. Aristotelis. I am quit sure that Kunos devs are also interessted in this matter (last but not least to prevent such a "cheat/trainer" from working online in AC).

...exactly my consideration ;)
    cu on track! :cool:

14. If you're just racing vs the AI wouldn't it be a lot easier just to make your own car with better tyres/more torque, etc? :p

15. CamsX

CamsX Racer

This is late reply for the video you posted on page 5. I agree that the AI is far from perfect, specially compared to other racing games/sims, but you can have very good races with them if you work around their shortcomings. By this I'm not saying that you should drive slower or be more aggressive. You need to threat them as you would every other "legit/real" racers online, and consider they might do a stupid move in every chance they don't agree with your racing line.

What I do see you are failing from your video, is that you have the wrong FOV setting (you might disagree or just refuse to change it), but this is preventing you from accurately represent the true distance from the Car in front of you (which was way way further than you actually think it is), which would have allowed you to accelerate earlier and wider out of the turn, thus preventing you from getting bumped. Same thing would have happened against real ppl online.

Install Spotter and/or Helicorsa, and lower your FOV. You are missing out a lot from AC and just looking for things to complain about, IMHO.

16. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

From my experience even small change in ping results in car jumping. For example last week, everything was ok, I had ping like 37 trough the whole race then for 1 lap it was 49. And I was jumping, then after few corners it got back to normal. I don't know why, I turned everything off, antivirus, updates etc. I think it would be good to make cars non colidable when they suddenly jump ahead. Maybe not so easy to implement, but it would make mp much better.

17. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

What is the "correct" FOV, in your opinion?

18. It's possibly a symptom of some other issue, like something intermittently wrong with your line at that point or even just a change in routing between you and the server - something like that can cause a wobble that's short enough not to make much difference to the ping check.

19. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

It is not because it exists that we must accept it! That's ridiculous.

20. CamsX

CamsX Racer

Whichever provides an accurate world representation for your current Monitor size and distance to it, relative to where you are sitting. Lots of other threads regarding this subject, as it is different from one user to another. The closer to a "real life" FOV (for your monitor) the closer (proximity wise) you can race to other cars in front of you.