1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online there are too many cheats and offline ai ram all the time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrazyMasterBlaster, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Yami

Yami Racer

Sometimes there is a guy 8 seconds faster than my nearly perfect lap with same car.
    You can be faster than me, it is possible.
    You can be 1 second 2 second and if you are an alien you can at most go 3.5 seconds faster than me (with tracks/cars I know I am good at, otherwise you can ofc go 15s faster than me).
    but there is sometimes a guy or two 8 seconds faster, 8 seconds is too much, freaking 8 seconds in a short track is a no he obviously cheats, he do not have to put 50000hp he just cheats sneaky peaky like,

and there is a guy with BRZ passing m3 e30 on straight like he has 280hp under the hood, he doesn't go ultra fast, but he is at least 70-80 hp faster than stock BRZ.
    This happens alot, and I beleive I can cheat in AC using just cheat engine, didn't try nor didn't check if AC has any anti-cheat software running but I have a strong feeling it doesn't, it just controls for data folder etc.

so There are cheaters but as long as they do not make you crash or troll you (freeze your car etc.), in a racing sim it doesn't matter if cheater goes 1st, because he is not.
    You just have to ignore him, and count 2nd guy as 1st guy it really doesn't matter when it comes to racing, not like FPS or other games.

St3fan, baboon and kosh like this.
  2. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

There's only one way to solve this... Crazy vs Hornbuckle duke it out on the track... winner gets a wheelstandpro from me :)

Dream1979 and Ischemica like this.
  3. We would just accuse each other of cheating.

4. Metzger

Metzger Racer

You realy can check this easily, compare your laptimes with your car/track in rsr and you will see what is the most achived laptimes and the record etc. and if someone is 1-2 seconds better than the wr in rsr than probably he is a cheater but if you are 10 secs of the wr a faster driver can easily be 1-2 secs of the wr on a short race tempo.

5. There are plenty of dodgy times on rsr too. They only check the track grip ect ect too.

6. Metzger

Metzger Racer

This is useless thread. A lot of people enjoy MP on assetto from its early access in 2013 and never met a cheater, you came and say that in every server/race there are cheaters who ruin the race - complete bull****. If you dont want to go online just dont. Complaining like that without even a single example of a laptime is useless.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Where did he say that? I read trough the thread again and didnt see anything about that. Could you tell me which post or do you just put words in his mouth?

kro likes this.
  8. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Ok sorry, not every race but too many cheats. Which still is obviously not the case and there are realy not that many full pub servers to play in so I guess he is talking for the same servers that we all play every day.

9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

My tuppence:
    I've raced online in AC since its release, over 1000 hours online. In all that time I've seen one guy cheating by adjusting the car and track .ini but that was before we had the checksum files. He even came on to this forum and admitted what he'd done and was promptly banned from a lot of servers. Since then I haven't seen any cheating, other than the usual track cutting/ramming etc. Maybe I've just been lucky to have only raced on servers where checksum files are in place.
    I have however been owned on track by numerous people because I'm not as fast as them. Perhaps the OP is the same and chooses not to accept that he's not the quickest(?)

AI?
    I've never liked playing against AI in any game, not just racing games, but since 1.3 I've tried it twice and had 2 damn good races. One with the Audi R8 at Magione and the other in the M1 S3 at Nords. Yes they are still a bit predictable and tend to follow one another around the track after a short time of hustle and bustle at the start (what would you expect?), but from what I've seen they do put up a decent fight and I haven't been bumped unless I've made a mistake myself.

Opinions are subjective.

baronesbc and Metzger like this.
  10. Hany

Hany Alien

RSR laptimes can easily be beaten by 1 or 2 seconds. Many records are way too slow because the fast guys didnt even bother with them yet.

TCLF, William Levesque and baronesbc like this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

He said that its too easy to cheat in AC and not that a lot of people do it. But since he think its too easy its a possibility that he dont know which drivers on servers that is legit so you got a point.

@bigbawmcgraw Because he want a better experience offline and since hotlapping getting boring after a while he want improved AI. :)

And tbh, we cant know how many cheaters there is out there, not even the once that we 'know' are legit. Thats the sad part. Even professional Counter-Strike players have got banned in tournaments. Im not saying that I think that I personally think that the fast drivers are using some kind of unfair things to get an advantage, but we can never know for sure. But think and know is 2 different things. :)

And btw, since you are an admin on aloog i think you are a reliable source that its at least not many that are obvious using something.

12. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Agree but still it is a way to compare your laptimes before blaming someone for cheating.
    Look the topic - online there are too many cheats, does not sound like it is too easy to cheat.
    AI ram you all the time - this is not the case deffinetly!

Without any video with someone that he things is a cheater, sounds more like illuminati came to ruin MP in assetto corsa. The way he complain about AI sounds more like he is not fast enough to race them on such difficulty level than an AI problem. I m not saying AI is perfect but I race them sometimes when I can get a place in a server that like with the proper car ot just want diff combo. I m reasonably fast 2-3 secs off the rsr records (depends on the track/car) and have good battles with AI on 95% and they very rarely hit me on the back. Mostly it is my mistake not theirs. After 1.3 you can have great races with the AI just have to respect them as other racers and set the difficulti accordigly.

Anyway without a video with his driving with AI it is useless to complain with such attitude.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

He posted a video in post #90 on the previous page. :)

And no reason to make fun of him by talking about illuminati when he staing the obvious that there is cheaters in online games. Is this anticheat program AC using the only bullet proof one out there? Then Valve should really implement this instead of using VAC.

VĂ­tor Sousa likes this.
  14. Metzger

Metzger Racer

And this is not a situation like AI rams you all the time... There are situations when AI is bad but it is AI! It is still raceable. Adjust the diff. slide and respect, try to avoid contacts like you do in online servers and you will see. May be sometimes they ram you yes, go restart the session and try again it is AI. But Rams you all the time it is not the case!

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@Metzger I did a edit to my post but dont know if you saw it so i make a new post. :)

- And no reason to make fun of him by talking about illuminati when he stating the obvious that there is cheaters in online games. Is this anticheat program AC using the only bullet proof one out there? Then Valve should really implement this instead of using VAC.

16. Metzger

Metzger Racer

The topic is not - There are cheaters in online games, are there in Assetto corsa ? The AI sometimes ram you here is the video, can you try fix it ?
    The topic is - Online there are too many cheats and offline ai ram all the time.
    Sorry but I cant agree that there is anykind of cheating problems in AC at this point.
    As bigbow says - opinions are subjective. I m out of this thread it is useless.

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

But you said yourself that its a low number of servers, so if there is cheaters in AC there is on the servers we drive on too? Amiirite?

Or is there no cheaters in AC?

Even if opinions are subjective it can help to see things from two different perspectives.

18. kosh

kosh Racer

Excalty what i expirienced on Nordschleife Tourist Server a few times.
    I did an almost perfect lap, maybe you can be 5 or even 10 seconds faster, but there are ppl who are about 30 seconds faster.
    If you drive behind them, they pull away easily.

They have something like a 5% or 10% grip or power Advantage. Hard to detect.

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Which car/cars and what time did you get? Which tyres did you use and which did they use? How much fuel did you have and how much fuel did they have? had you tweaked your setup and had they tweaked their setup?

20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Or they've had 1000% more practice than you... also hard to detect.