1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online there are too many cheats and offline ai ram all the time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrazyMasterBlaster, Oct 17, 2015.

1. plaid

plaid Alien

They could be unemployed or without a sociallife, too.
    Someone who plays a MMORPG told me a few years ago it would be uselss to try to compete with them. They are superior.

2. kosh

kosh Racer

car: multiple
    tyres: trofeo or soft (depending on car)
    fuel: for one lap + 2 liters
    tweak: of course i did.

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

So you ran into multiple different cars that were about 30 secs faster than you. Which cars was it and what time do you usually get? Just mention a few of them.

4. kosh

kosh Racer

why dont people accept, that there are cheaters?

I play online for 16 years on several different game-Genres. There were allways cheaters in EVERY game.
    Some to troll/piss off others, some have to less skill/time to compete and some, who want to gain attention from others for their "good" poerformance.

5. kosh

kosh Racer

I've seen a lot of ppl do unrealistic times in the same car, as i had e.g. F599 on Tourist in under 6:10. I dont remeber all the times. I can do wild guesses, if you like, but that wouldnt prove anything...

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah, I guess 5.40 can be a bit suspicious. ;) Anyone in the thread that want to give it a try?

Too bad you didnt take a printscreen or even better recording his driving. Now we can only take your word for it. Nordschleife tourist had some weird bug a while ago that people could abuse to get lower times if i remember correctly.

7. Hany

Hany Alien

Many guys in this thread are butthurt because they got beaten by a better driver. Nords is a long and technical track so dont say 30 sec is too much and NO u didnt do a near perfect lap. Nobody can do a perfect lap on the nords and just a few can do a near perfect lap. Cheaters may be out there but ive never seen them in 2 years of MP in ac.

I see the same fast guys dominating every server over and over again. Never did I see an unknown guy jump in and beat everyone.

TCLF, Nahkamarakatti, mms and 4 others like this.
  8. kosh

kosh Racer

In fact i didnt take screens, because i dont care. I'm working on my own skills, and if somebody thinks he has to cheat, he should do so. He does no harm to me.
    The only thing i want so state is: there are cheaters. Period!

As you said 5.40 would be suspicious. Like the aimbotter in Battlefield, who does headshots only.
    But the (battlefield)guy who can heal himself and has double damage on his bullets does not get caugth.

If you have 550 instead of 500HP, nobody will easily notice and you allways can say "i got the better Setup" or "i do alot of praticing".
    If you use 10% more grip ist even easier, because you make a lot less driving mistakes, because the (driving mistake )tolerance is higher.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah but cheaters in racing games is not a issue (to me personally) because they really dont bother me on the track. In FPS games you will die a lot against cheaters if they not really terrible and/or only using wallhack. In racing games I cant even keep up with the decent drivers and if someone using cheats he will be way ahead of me anyway, just like all the legit fast drivers are so i wont even see the guy. :)

10. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Too many cheats online? That's an exaggeration. Do you mean a cheater in every 5 races? Or two or three cheaters in a race? In early 2014 I could only do a 1:52 in GT2/3 at Imola and thought that the guys that did 1:47 were cheating. My best time at that track is now 1:45 no cheating, so don't jump into conclusions too fast. Personally only once saw someone cheating and that was before the checksum implementation. There is possibly cheaters online, but not to the point that you are suggesting.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    Metzger likes this.
  11. kosh

kosh Racer

dedicated to the guys who say: there is no cheating:
    Look at this:

This hack just sets the position of your car to the Position of another car...

Of course this is very obvious...

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

why would anyone have the position of another car when they driving legit? The cheat doesnt seem to work out too good for him if thats the case.

edit: to be fair, isnt this just lag?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I'd be willing to accept that there are cheaters when I see evidence of it.
    I admin servers and have admin'd racing servers for many years, long before AC came along, and I've always been on the look out for suspicious driving in any form. So far I've seen no evidence of cheating in AC either on servers or in this thread. Let me tell you, when cheating becomes a problem in MP like it has in other games, I'll be dropping AC like a hot potato, like I did with other games.

14. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

The only thing that's obvious here is that he has massive amounts of lag. You can easily reproduce the same by downloading torrents whilst playing online.

15. kosh

kosh Racer

yes, tjhere is lag, but look at 2:00ff. He's a lot faster, than everybody else.

16. baboon

baboon Alien

+1

This example doesn't look like cheating at all, just heavy lag.

17. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I looked, he's lagging.
    Even if this was a cheat how long do think he's going to last in that server before he gets kicked for wrecking out everyone?
    Also that video is a year old. Anything more current?

18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

what I've noticed that if you actually race the Ai like a human they're good. Its when a accidents happen that the Ai have problems reading the road or cars spun in front of them

but I will say they're one of the most challenging Ai out there when raced properly

19. eXo

eXo Racer

Look at the arrows above the other cars: they are all red. This confirms that there is a huge lag and what you are seeing is the estimated position of the car on the server when packets are received. When packets are lost you see it disappear and reappear somewhere.
    No problem and no cheating imho.
    Btw in my personal experience i have never seen cheaters, but if I saw someone cheating, who cares? I play fair for fun and to improve myself. I play in league where i'm sure that everyone are fair drivers. Cheating there will always be in any field and in any game. If they exist in real life too (i.e. think when in 2007 the McLaren stole the projects Ferrari or illegal changes in races that are often seen) why i should not expect to find them in AC? Unfortunately, that's the way it is the life. The important thing is not to worry about it and have fun. :)

20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

This was recorded from a replay, which is why you can't see anyone's ping value and everyone's arrow is red. Replays magnified lag issues and also caused weird things to happen when watching a replay of someone else when high pings were a factor, giving the impression he is cheating.

eXo likes this.