1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online there are too many cheats and offline ai ram all the time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrazyMasterBlaster, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Thanks for that info. The 1st helpful post ive read. I do tend to use different FOV with different cars so i will experiment. I can imagine that people that use 3 screens find it easier too. The other post that interested me alot was the link to iracing where they are going to combat the hotkeys hackers. At least they are concerned and see as a problem and seem to have plans to implement some anti hack system in to the sim. AC only has the data check and that is somewhat primitive. Kunos should take note of what iracing are doing and get some sort of anti hack implemented into the game.

baboon likes this.
  2. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Racer

With AI there's no possibility to "close door" when you try to overtake him from outside during enter the corner. When you're ahead AI ram you like bulldozer, pushing back of your car out of the track. In this case AI use throttle instead of brakes. It is horrible and unacceptable.:cool:

LATE4APEX and Pascalwb like this.
  3. michael_

michael_ Simracer

If you're saying that if you cut up the AI by moving across into their path when you're moving slower they sometimes tap the back of your car, then yep.

To me that seems by design.

If not, then save your replays and post a video of an example where you think they are in the wrong.

I did some races today in the Elise at Vallelunga Club and I was hit once and because it was after the corner I thought it must have been a great example for this thread, but nope, I'd turned into the path of a car that was going faster.

It isn't easy on a single screen, it's spacial awareness really. I note IRL when I'm on my bike many car drivers don't move out to overtake until they've already gone past me - it's like they are overtaking an imaginary bike cycling 50 metres in front of me. And some drive for hundreds of meters on the wrong side of the road when they are already past as though they are overtaking a train not a pushbike moving at 20mph.

I think people have this mental image of where other road users are that they substitute for actually looking - and when that mental image breaks down (e.g for slower moving traffic, or if the people you are overtaking are racing you) it's even more critical to look and not assume you have cleared them or that you are moving faster than them.

4. manthey

manthey Rookie

Cheaters are everywhere.
    I just got banned from this Game Stock Car Extreme server for cheating.:)

5. CamsX

CamsX Racer

I personally wouldn't recommend changing FOVs per car (change Seat position instead), as it would change the perception of distance and shape of every turn on the track (per car). Afaik, you aren't changing your monitor size or sitting distance as you change cars in real life, right? I mean, if you can adapt that fast to the FOV change, then good for you, but otherwise I'll advise against it.

Use a calculator and set it as close to the recommended value as possible. In my very own specific case I'm using 30° for a 24° recommended value. I can't believe I used 56° for so long.

Good luck.

6. Can you be more specific? Did you edit a file or did you use a trainer?

7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

lol...ok

8. Where in this vid I made this morning do the AI do any of that behavior?

9. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Holy molly these are THE most useless functions I've ever seen in any trainer of any game EVER!

I sincerely wish the creator of this trainer find something meanful to do in real life.

BTW I think many people here are overestimating the capability of VAC way too much. Also I think cheaters in a racing sim online are much less annoying and troublesome than deliberate wreckers. As long as there is no cheater no scope aimbot headshot every driver on the track with infinite ammo, I really don't think it's a big problem for AC atm.

ChokDK and baboon like this.
  10. manthey

manthey Rookie

I wasn't cheating at all.

There were 10 or 12 other drivers on that server, all incapable of completing a single lap without crashing. The driver in P2 was 6 seconds off my pace.

People started noticing my pace and began calling me a cheater. Soon everyone had agreed that I must be cheating and the admin banned me.

da1507, ChokDK and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  11. St3fan

St3fan Alien

AFAIK GSC cheats actually do exist. Being a game based on an easily modifiable old game engine it's really no surprise. I happen to know a guy who's won a number of season's in a GSC league was caught cheating by other members. He was having extra grip and a lot less fuel consumption and tire wear was slower or something. In the end the league admin wrote a very long post about the entire affair, and the cheater himself also published a long apology post for what he did. Most people in that league are quite friendly and forgiving instead of bashing him to death, and they still have a nice comminity to have more races. People feel sorry for the cheater because he fails to understand the fun of a racing sim, instead of feeling angry because "hey if you hadn't cheated I could've been the champion".

I really don't undetstand why people need to cheat in a racing sim.

baboon and MsportDAN like this.
  12. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Racer

In 5:45, but the AI is much slower than you and do not attack you. In my cases the AI is faster than me and in this situation they try to push me out of the track.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I did test some AI, they aren't exactly alien pace but its not so hard to get a reasonable race out of them if you can drive in traffic. One thing I noticed is at 100% they are quite a bit more looney then at 98% so best to probably not go any higher then that and I have never tried them any slower as they already aren't that quick at 98-100%.

Here is a quick 3 lap race starting last at Barcelona GP in the ruf RWD amongst a mix of similar performing cars in a combo that was quite fun in mp last weekend. The ai didn't do anything weird and if you hold your lines and don't cut them off or drive erratically then they can be a bit more challenging then the mid field in most pub servers but don't match racing the quicker guys up front.

I also did some tests regarding the basic surface hack and it seems the checksums may be broken in the current build as I was able to get into all my servers with a modified file, I did post this in the bug thread too with more details. So if this is the case then yes its quite easy to cheat in mp with the current build but prior to 1.3 the checksums were working as they should be.

14. mamsa

mamsa Rookie

I'm having big problems with AI drivers. It's back to the hooligan days.
    Turn 1 at Monza, they ram into my rear. Last turn they try to drive right thru me. AI drive like I'm not even on the track.
    Brands hatch is just impossible to race, they can't drive off the start straight, half the field gets taken out. Then a few laps in, the rest were all following one car at pit speeds. When I try overtaking before corners, the car infront/next to me cuts into my lane and rams me off the track etc etc.

I'm running 64-bit, AI 97%. No CPU occupancy warning or anything.

Videos:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Mod tracks as in all 3 videos AI will be very dependant on the guy that made the AI file, there are lots of very poor AI on mod track so if you want some good racing against them there you better learn how to make your own AI. ;)

16. If you want the AI to act right (or at least as right as they can at the moment) you need to know how to actually edit the track borders and such. If you open the AI app and there are red lines crisscrossing and/or having large gaps in them there is no way that the AI is going to work properly no matter how nice of a line you record.

17. Metzger

Metzger Racer

I dont know this combo but you say AI is slow on 98-100%. I am moderately fast/slow in MP for example my laptimes with r8 on Barca GP are 1.49.xx - 1.50.xx on SPA ferrari GT2 (before 1.3, have not try it yet after 1.3) was 2.18.xx-2.19.xx in steady race tempo, laprecord 2.17.7 and so on.. I can do good races with AI on 95% qualify 7-8 from full grid and manage to finish 3-4 depends on the race but overall this is the case. If I set them on 98-100 they are pushing me realy hard.
    I guess you are faster than me so fine but there are people that looks like rookies in simracing setting the AI on 98-100 and complainig how bad it is but I am not sure how they can drive in the heavy AI traffic..I can see that every familiar face here in the forum that is well known that can drive in traffic from MP expirience says that the AI is good enough for good racing.

18. I can easily win on 98 percent in the ruf for example. I'm still getting rammed in stupid places. I got hit on the main straight at Barcelona driving ruf not even in the braking zone. I looked at replay from Ai cockpit view and he moved from right to left, aimed for my car and hit me from behind. Maybe this happens a lot at the start cos of higher cpu usage when all the cars are close. I see the Ai hit each other too. I see on the other video that the ruf seem well behaves at the start compared to the angry drivers I have at the start. Maybe his cpu usage is not so high. Maybe the Ai become dumb when cpu reaches 85%.

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It could be a cpu issue, I haven't had a cpu warning since very early pre release maybe v0.6 or something. I can run full ai fields with no cpu warnings or dropped frames, I did try at 100% though and the AI were quite a bit crazier hitting eachother at the start and coming in hot with lockups, went back to 98% and overall they were pretty solid. In a couple races had one of the Rufs blow a motor and a few behind him got around but half the field ended up stuck behind and then retired from the race.

The AI isn't perfect for sure but I have had more races with them behaving ok then badly, though I don't race AI all that often and with no aids other then ABS with full damage so need to avoid contact like I have my public servers setup as well.

20. mamsa

mamsa Rookie

I know it's a mod track. Weird lines in couple places but even on Monza (official track) the AI are pretty much the same. They drive in a straighter line but they drive like I'm not even on track. They (try to) drive thru me and ram into me in every braking point they can. I've tried 97% and 98%, results are the same.