1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anyone interested in opening a driving school?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kakusso, Nov 20, 2015.

1. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

I am willing to pay for driving lessons in the following conditions:
    1. Server with maximum 5 slots + 1 for instructor
    2. Structurated lessons with different chapters, (racing line, braking, car setup, negotiating chicanes, etc).
    3. Being able to see the instructor perform the manouvres
    4. Instructor being able to see and give feedback on my manouvres
    5. Voice comunication
    6. Price per bundle of 10 to 15 lessons
    7. 30 to 50 minutes per lesson
    8. Tips on specific racing circuits
    9. Telemetry to compare driver and instructor laps, (if easy to do)
    10. Homogeneous classes, novice, intermediate, pro, etc, according to current lap times
    I can do 1:51 at Monza on GT2, would like to be able to do 1:48
    If and only if you can do 1:48 GT2 at Monza in AC version 1.3, please consider opening a driving school.
    You could have many classes of 5 students.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Horus and mistery like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Aris Video Settings (In case anyone is interested/curious) Oct 15, 2020
    General modding discussion Anyone interested in a track build project Oct 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Would anyone be interested in an online setup library? May 8, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Anyone interested in a specific server? Oct 14, 2016
    3D car models Anyone interested in modding the palatov d2? Apr 28, 2015
    Sounds modding Anyone interested in this sound mod? Nov 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Touge community? anyone interested? Sep 11, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Anyone interested in cruising? May 3, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clear Calibration software logitech - anyone have this? Oct 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Anyone find there is big "depression" on the track in Zandvoort, at this point!!! Jul 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone have experienced the same glitch? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022

3. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Very good idea. I can provide the server if needed. Would like to praticipate as a student though.

4. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Apart from race car vehicle dynamics and car setups, everything in driving is understanding a few laws of physics and training the ability to get everything out of the car (basicly acceleration and weight transfer) so I'd choose different car for schooling purposes (M3 E30 or GT86) to ignore the most of driving errors caused by stiff racing car. Basicly the faster car the novice drives, harder it's to him to notice the errors he makes.

5. HiTTeR

HiTTeR Gamer

YardStick likes this.
  6. The problem is that most people want to provide advice and not many want to listen. We are all Ayrton Senna in our own minds.

Id be happy to offer tips for nothing, but there is only so much advice the you can give (especially online with limited granularity) before it simply becomes a matter of feel and precision.

WallyM, Andy-R and CamsX like this.
  7. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

the problem being not all fast drivers are good teachers,

there is a real talent involved in teaching, something that can t be...well... taught.

8. CamsX

CamsX Racer

Completely agree. I've even tried with some local friends, to whom I can speak as "buddies" and there is so little I was able to transmit.

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@kakusso, good idea and good post, I will be interested to learn from the instructor that will help you go from 1:51 to 1:48. Keep us posted on your progress.
    @Guybrush Threepwood, I know I am not Ayrton Senna ot not even Alien material, but I would not mind spending time and money, with the proper instructor to be a better me.

10. Horus

Horus Alien

I would recommend joining any server with @Hany, @Kade, @andy-riches to name a few. What I am trying to say is find someone on track that will push you along or drive safely infront allowing you to see how they use the track, brakes and such. Practice is really the only way forward, it really does not mean you will get any faster being tutored, but it could help you with road/car/control behaviour.

It would be like me wanting to be a surgeon, I might have the desire but I may also be missing the general fortitude, dexterity or maybe just the mental ability. I was taught French in school, the teacher told me if I chose French in my options she would retire, as I could only remembered a few things. Counting to ten, and ja ma pel Horus. Good luck, but if you see those guys on track jump in and have a good look, great racers and even better gentlemen.

Jack Bancroft and Andy-R like this.
  11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

thanks for the mention @Horus. I find driving with faster players helps a lot, such as the other names mentioned above. that and trying to notice and learn from my mistakes.

I think my biggest flaw is braking so im trying to focus on that to improve at the moment. racing with faster players gives you a good reference to see what works and what doesnt. or maybe a ghost car if you dont like to race online.

12. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

That's not enough. Actually the idea came to me when I was watching a really fast driver named Discovery.TV, but watching is not enough otherwise driving schools or any other type of school wouldn't be needed. At least if you want to learn in a structured manner.

Also it amazes me that some people look for obstacles where they should see opportunities. I miss Steve Jobs.

Seria17hri11er and Gerbuho like this.
  13. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I don't think this is gonna work. First of all you can't really see other person's inputs when you're spectating him. Only steering wheel seems to be replicated properly, but pedals are certainly not. Brakes are on/off and throttle shows just some random bouncing half-pressed bar. Another thing is the lag caused by network latency. Due to this lag you would see what someone's doing way after they really did it (at least 0.1s later if you both have pings of 50ms which is pretty good). Ever wondered how come it looks like all the people brake later than you do? Well, that's why. Just 0.1s delay is about 7 meters when you brake at top speed at the end of long straight in a high-powered GT car

14. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

The most important is the explanation. In the real world you only see the intructor pressing the pedals when he is explaining with the car stopped. When the car is moving you don't see his feet unless you lean into him witch is difficult with the seat belt.
    With the explanation you might do it wrong the first time, but with practice and coaching you will finish to do it right.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  15. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

I was going to suggest "go to your local kart track and ask it there"... Waaay easier.

If what you really need are explanations you have it all here

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Speed-Secrets-Complete-High-Performance/dp/0760340501

I did some "coaching" some years ago, a friend asked me to help him with an lmp1, we started with a street m3, he improved a bit, working on inputs, being smooth and not overdriving, he understood what his biggest flaw was - focus and precision - and on that i could not help anymore. In the end our conclusion was that the most difficult part was "sensing" what the car is doing, he knew what he should do, but not when because the "trigger" wasn´t there for him, the conversation would go like this "why did you brake before getting the car straight on turn 7? it will always spin if the weight is all on one side" and he "but it was straight!" me "if it were straight you wouldn´t have spun" he "but how exactly you tell the car is straight?", we made sure our wheel configs and ffb settings where equal, still no progress, than he send me a video of him driving, and immediately i saw his "alesi grip" holding the wheel in a very stiff way, then i said "just hold the wheel firm enough to control it, and keep your hands 9-3 on the wheel", voila, his biggest improvement, but the way to get there? it took almost a month of back and forth emails/replays...

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I'm playing instructor every time I find a new guy with at least a bit of car control at Nords Tourist.
    Getting him to at least to 20 sec. to my pace (07:12 w/Lotus 2/11 at standard setup) is a whole lot of fun.
    But getting those 2 last sec. off is not a joy, it's real labor.
    Athlete's stuff.

Seria17hri11er, Nao and Horus like this.
  17. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Ask an alien to send you replay files of quick laps, then watch them (many times) with the pedal app open, and any other app you might find useful.

Then practice!

18. Nao

Nao Alien

Speaking of apps, for me suspension app has been enormous help. To be able to evaluate what the car was/is doing live through the yellow tyre slip bars was a biiig timesaver when learning car control/setups.
    Anyways gl getting a coach OP, ptw.

cerebralvortex and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  19. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Here.. All i can do to help you is this. Not Monza but for general driving Nord is a good place

Attached Files:

20. Here is a video I put together for our league for Spa some time ago - it may or may not be helpful. Keep in mind I think we were running really low grip.

21. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Nice, that is a very good first lesson, out of the 15.
    There are really some secrets that take a long time to discover with practice only, and that is what I am looking for, like for example,
    • If you set the ride height too low you cannot brake as late as the car will tend to lock the tyres
    • The ideal setup is the one that gives the right equilibrium between underseer and oversteer
    • The stiffer the suspension the more top speed
    • The less negative camber the more traction
    • To save an oversteer or understeer sometimes breaking and accelerating in a very short interval can be better than simply braking
    • Etc.
    • Etc.

Actually there are many little secrets that can make you go faster, you can practice, but to discover all of them can take years, or you can take driving lessons and it can take months

Actually 1.51 at Monza is equivalent to 3rd to 7th place in qualify depending on the competition and going faster can be quite difficult without insider knowledge, of corse practice helps, but practice is more relevant when you are doing 1.53 or 1.56. At 1.51 what you really need is the driving secrets and the setup secrets.

I beleave that in qualify (not in race where attitude is more important), the difference between Hamilton and Rosberg is the setup and driving secrets for a specific track.

Edit: A guy that makes bread can make very good bread if he practices for years, but he cannot make the best bread in the world if he doesn't go to a school where he can absorb knowledge accumulated across several generations.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    LeDude83 likes this.