1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Would anyone be interested in an online setup library?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, May 8, 2019.

1. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

I've been relatively bored at home in evenings lately (The Division 2 has become a grind) and I've been thinking I could do with doing something useful with my spare time.

One idea I had the other day was to build an ACC setup library, which would allow people to upload their setup JSON files (or maybe create them manually by dragging sliders and clicking buttons), filter them by car, track, type, whatnot as well as download and rate setups of others. It's not a super simple project but it's also not an overly complicated one so I thought it's something I might do (I'm a web developer by day so not something I need to learn to do).

What is the situation with such websites? Has anyone already built one or is there nothing like that around yet? Would people be even interested in such a service?

Ideas and opinions are appreciated!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Anyone interested in a track build project Oct 13, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Anyone interested in a specific server? Oct 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Anyone interested in opening a driving school? Nov 20, 2015
    3D car models Anyone interested in modding the palatov d2? Apr 28, 2015
    Sounds modding Anyone interested in this sound mod? Nov 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Touge community? anyone interested? Sep 11, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Anyone interested in cruising? May 3, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality 1.1 VR settings anyone Oct 24, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Anyone having this? - Weird glitter on name tags at night + SA question. Oct 2, 2019
    Chit Chat Room I need help please anyone help me Sep 21, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Anyone experience pulsing signal navigating menus is ACC? All chassis mode BK's activating when not Sep 3, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues I wonder if anyone have tried this for controlpads Jul 3, 2019
    Console Lounge Does anyone on staff care about this game? Jun 22, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Look with wheel. Anyone getting on with it? Jun 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Racecraft rating fell from 32 to 6 - anyone know why? Apr 13, 2019

3. doamf

doamf Racer

Hi, fyi

4. Racheengel84

Racheengel84 Rookie

https://accsetups.racing/

DD_Friar likes this.
  5. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Racer

You could do it, and I know some people would use it for fun, but setups for us lazy and ignorant folk are already in the game.

Too many factors that make a "good" setup- to do with the driver's style and technique, track conditions, race length. It would be filled with setups done by people who don't know how to explain why changes were made, and used by people who don't know how to adjust their style to match the setup or lack the skill to drive the setup. If I make an extremely low drag and tail happy setup that I set a WR with everyone is going to want it, and if someone who's used to default safe setups tries it, without a detailed explanation of how to drive it, that's not going to get him near as far as if he just practiced more and on his own learned how to drive the default "fast" setups to their limit, or if he read a guide on setups and experimented. A detailed set of setup guides specifically per-car for ACC would be way more useful.

I'd like to see you, or someone, put the default "safe" and "fast" setups for all cars and tracks on spreadsheets so we can easily inspect and compare them. I know I would learn a lot from that.

R. Iván and Turbo_Dad like this.