1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online there are too many cheats and offline ai ram all the time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrazyMasterBlaster, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Keep lowering the difficulty until they don't (You can go all the way down to 80% IIRC); the latest update even has this line in the changelog:
    - Minor AI race craft tweaks (a bit faster to change lane but bit less "punchybumpy")

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Some combos they may be worse then others. I tried Monza and at 100% the ai seemed a bit more looney in the ruf but 98% it was quite good. Still lap 1 there always seemed to be one of them that missed his brake point by miles into the second chicane. Id juat leave him the inside line to have his accident lol then continue on. They were fine after the first lap and first chicane they were better then even many of our league race starts. :rolleyes:

Not sure if thats saying good thinfs about the ai or nad things about some league starts Ive had there. But even real races there turn to crap in a hurry. :D

Good news regarding online cheating due to the checksum bug in recent builds has been fully fixed with 1.3.4

I alos tried some Nords AI in the 2 special events, hadnt done any of those in ages and I wanted to see how the ai go there.

First up is the hypercar battle lafa vs p1, flugplatz lol is avout all I can say about that one. Maybe the the there needs to be a car specific hint there as they 2 a full wheelie over the crest then nail the wall. Seeing the front wheel is in the air its not much of a suprise they kiss the corner. Then they were ok other then around Brunchen I think it is where one of them at times will snag a brake and go wide.

Then I tried the nismo black vs white and this did flugplatz fine was just a little slow overall but the biggest issue there is at Metzgefeld which should be a very sketchy 5th gear corner in the nismo. But the AI slams the brakes hard and very early to 3rd gear so if your behind it you will hit it hard as thats not the expected entry speed.

In both of those challenges the ai never hit me from behind but once I passed them I wouldnt see them again. Thats why in the Nismo I just tried to follow it as close as possible without passing until dottinger hohe, for an easy draft pass. ;)

What combos are you guys having most trouble with, this should be an official track. I will run a race and just leave a replay file to see how they act.

The one major issue I found with the ai and using a manual trans car is they blow way too many engines. I always run 100% damage but cant remember blowing many engines unless on purpose. But the ruf rwd I found over 6 laps 5 or 6 of them would kill an engine. This also normally causes carnage with other ai not always being able to get around the stricken car. At times just lining up behind it then retiring.

3. The latest version of the game has certainly made an improvement in the ai behaviour. Actually the whole game feels alot better too. I like the tyres.

4. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

... this thread didn't end up where I thought it would :eek:

I haven't been driving much against AI lately but did a Special Event (Exos at Barcelona), hard level.
    I was surprised to get a bump from behind at 2.nd last corner (downhill).
    My car was in front after overtaking an AI and (IMO) it should have "guessed" I would not go wide?

Yeah, this is not a big thing - AIs are mostly behaving nice if you respect them like "equal drivers".

Short replay file included

Attached Files:

5. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I had very similar experience as in your video last night too in the temple of speed special event. I got rammed like this quite a few times at Variante della Roggia. I feel that if you get the AI at the first turn of a chicane (I think it's any chicane), they will still go the inside line and hit you in the rear, exactly like what you show in this video.

ChokDK likes this.
  6. You honestly don't see what you did wrong there?

7. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

If you hint to me going wide enough to make room for that then no :)

8. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

You dive-bombed in the first part of the chicane and then cut that AI guy off, that's what you did. He had an overlap with your car on entry to the second turn and you had to leave him space, but you didn't. Your fault, no question about it

9. Situations like that are a big reason I don't play MP anymore; nobody has a clue how to correctly make a pass. Your epic dive bomb got you by him from three car lengths back which made you in no way set up to take the second half of the chicane correctly and then you still take the line like he isn't even there. After all that you expect him to smash on his brakes?

The saddest thing is that I bet quite a few people will think that you made a good, legit pass; you didn't.

10. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

We're not "side by side" anymore, my car is a good deal more than ½ in front of his for several meters/seconds.
    .. if I was the overtaken car I would have smashed the brakes, yes - or at least been aware about it, rather than just go on and expect to be let through in the slowest corner of the track, but maybe I shouldn't do that anymore - SP nor MP :D

TCLF likes this.
  11. St3fan

St3fan Alien

You can try go side by side into a chicane with AI. The AI will still try to go wide on the exit of the chicane and hit you to create space for itself unless you give it an unnecessarily huge amount of space.

12. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

Also, if you look at the AI in the replay file it's accelerating "towards" me except the last 1.5 - 2 meters, then it start braking but to late.
    Maybe @Lord Kunos totally agree that it's my fault 100%, but I would prefer the AI had tapped the brake a bit or at least not accelerate - it's not just the driver in front who has to think of security :).

Edit: Slowmo of the AI accelerating.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  13. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for posting another video. Clearly shows what I and Michael were writing about:
    upload_2015-11-20_22-1-24.png

This, my friend, is called overlapping. The front of the AI car car is clearly ahead of your car's rear. In this situation you had to leave him space and go a bit wide, but you turned right like he wasn't even there.
    Many people online do just that, Michael is almost right here (almost, because some people know how to pass others cleanly). They think that it they are a bit ahead it's solely the other guy's responsibility to avoid the contact. That's dead wrong. As long as you can't move across the track without colliding with the other car it's your responsibility too and you have to keep your line and not cross the line of that other car.

sennacher, mms, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  14. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

The only time on that video you were not side-by-side was when you were behind him on approach and then braking. In the chicane you were side-by-side, being 1/2 or 9/10 in front is not enough, you have to be whole car length ahead to be able to pick any line you wish. Man, this is just hilarious, you did this classic Takuma Sato kamikaze thing and are complaining that you got hit. What have you sim-raced before? Need for Speed?

15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it would be nice if AI cut the chicane to not hit you though, as what would real driver do as well. I'm not saying they should slam brakes, but they should try to evade, rather then accelerating into you

you don't see them smashing into one another, just becasue there wasn't room

like the 1:30 in the video, Schumacher ( or whoever that was) had to hit brakes, rather then driving into this guy

esox71 likes this.
  16. esox71

esox71 Alien

All I see is a stupid AI, You obviously know there going to leave the door open for you that's why everyone who's daft enough to race AI bombs them.
    Also you are daft enough to not know their not gonna give you the right of way because your on the racing line and clearly ahead.
    So why grumble?
    Slightly different but same principle, funny how all the nuggets claimed it was Rosbergs fault.....

17. esox71

esox71 Alien

It's called a block pass.
    If it was Verstappen it would've been awesome.:cool:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    ChokDK likes this.
  18. esox71

esox71 Alien

If AI was other car, what would it do?

ChokDK likes this.
  19. esox71

esox71 Alien

No, the saddest thing is folk trying to justify AI o_O

20. You cannot expect the AI (or other human beings) to brake and leave you room to treat the track as your own. The AI did the right thing by staying as much on the inside as possible... once you go 2 wide you'll have to stay 2 wide through the corners until you are "clear".. you are clearly turning into his line.. expecting your opponents to disappear or brake so you can take the fast line in a corner simply stupid, both offline and ESPECIALLY online... you won't be making many friends any time soon :)

The AI, again, did the right thing to step on the gas trying to stay engaged and ready to race you through the following corners... all you had to do is to stay on your (outside) line and complete the overtake.. but you chose to ram the guy and then had the balls to come on a forum to complain he didn't disappear from the track.

Imagine a similar scenario while you are passing somebody on a straight and then turn back on the ideal line BEFORE you have cleared him.. do you REALLY expect the other guy to brake to allow your Crazy Ivan moment?

I am sure it is possible to find example of humans braking in these situations.. it comes down to self preservation, desire to finish the race and so on.. but that doesn't make it right.

steve.hartwig, bondyboy, mms and 9 others like this.