1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Question for the devs concerning ffb differences

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Sep 15, 2015.

1. As many options as in PCars would be pretty pointless. Honestly, I have no idea what 90% of the options do on there. It's crazy.

Seria17hri11er, nate, Mogster and 2 others like this.
  2. the problem is that the way you go and measure these supposed "hardware limitations" is all over the place. People like to obsess over useless details like these.. I don't care, but I enjoy watching ppl obsessing :D, see their brain explode in internet fights and endless discussion.
    It looks like 0.1% understand what Steer Assist is supposed to mean, that annoys greatly, to see stuff misused by ppl not understanding it is very annoying.. so, at least I'll give you the PROPER way to address the FEELZ... :p but that's where my part ends.

3. TBH.. approaching FF coding like that is like confessing that they don't have a clue whatsoever of what they are trying to achieve.. let alone do it.

4. Or maybe they just wanted to show "Here, look how complicated this is, it must be very advanced and realistic physics right ?" :D

5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Or they just put interface to the config files editing we all used to do in simbin era... I'm not saying it is good or bad, pC is no longer in my interest and never really was, but what would I give for some ffb options few AC version back when I couldn't enjoy it cause of FFB... pCars way of ffb setting is done in very confusing way but after 20-30 minutes I was able to dial it in with some almost universal settings providing me good feel and informations...
    No ffb options if great when it works, terrible when it doesn't.

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

That's been a longstanding issue in all sims. There are always LOTS of options to be tweaked, but they are never explained properly by the devs, leading to all sorts of inaccurate assumptions and myths springing up on the internet. But I do appreciate that it would be quite an effort to document every setting well and conclusively.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. Maybe but c'mon, steering rod length or something like that, really ? xD

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

:) yep, things like that should be part of a car steering geometry and not ffb option .. but imagining they only offer default FFB preset with FFB strength .. it would be soooo bad ..

9. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Steer assist is not power steering, Lord Kunos. And official cars have steer assist:

McLaren MP4 GT3
    STEER_ASSIST=0.80

McLaren 650S GT3
    STEER_ASSIST=0.80

Lotus Evora GTC
    STEER_ASSIST=0.880

Ferrari P4
    STEER_ASSIST=0.820

burrito likes this.
  10. I think you better delete the data taken from encrypted Kunos cars. You will find yourself banned otherwise..

Edit: Kunos himself has already confirmed these will be corrected.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Iketani likes this.
  11. neel

neel Racer

I would never dial with so many parameters offline (change, start session, test, close session, change etc.).

I strongly suggested they try to make it realtime and with an API that would have made possible to dial with all those parameters using a (real) potentiometer box.

That would have been ffb tweaking nirvana for me (needless to say it did not happen :D Instead they came with the idea of "realtime car setup", omg...).

12. neel

neel Racer

So the ffb post process feature made it through 1.5.5 but the related ingame apps that was planned as a preset selector for it is not there yet, right ?

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

14. neel

neel Racer

Explain. The feature is in the patchnotes and the files are there. But no app for presets/graph.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

16. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

While Project Cars had some really bizarre feedback settings in terms of nomenclature, them having a sort individual strength slider(spindle force) for each car really was hugely important in terms of dialing in a consistent level of FFB for any/all cars.

I think this is one thing AC could take from that game. The FFB in AC is *generally* pretty good from car-to-car, but not universally. Some cars just feel dramatically weaker or stronger than others. I realize this may differ from wheel to wheel, so perhaps a master strength slider for each car that could saved would be quite nice.

17. Cote Dazur likes this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Use +/- on your numpad when youre on the track. I think thats what you mean?

19. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I've done that before. Never paid attention to whether that gets saved or not for next time you boot up the game, though.

Either way, this should be a menu option, not something hidden away through hotkeys.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It should get saved :)