1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Season pass scam

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by ETatWAR, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

OK, I didn't imagine that there is no description at all. That's just bad practice.
    But even if all games on XB do it that way, I'd still argue to not blindly buy something - anything, anywhere - to be honest. I wouldn't, at least.

2. Horus

Horus Alien

No this is a mistake from XBox, they are the retailers not Kunos. Kunos are the developers. If I buy a game through Steam, I do not hold the developers responsible if the details on Steam are incorrect. As for the season pass for XBox/PS it says quite clearly that you get FUTURE DLC.

Quote from 505 games

Yes, there is a digital season pass available for Assetto Corsa. The season pass will give you access to the following, when they become available:
    • Japanese Pack
    • The Red Pack
    • Porsche Packs
    • Exclusive Livery
    Check out the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One Stores in your region for information and pricing!

P.S. So always read, investigate what you are buying. I'm sure XBox would give you a refund as you have not downloaded anything yet.

talby71 likes this.
  3. ETatWAR

ETatWAR Gamer

Thnx!
    In adition, all season passes i bought before for other games always gave me all the cars
    How old are you? The game redirect you to it if you click the car , you have any example of a game with a car or other one with a gun or whatever that you click it and get redirected to a dlc that does not contain the actual car or gun or whatever? You can try to be smart that it would not happen to you but you are not even smart enough to get the problem, so how old are you? I hope very young otherwise it worrying

4. ETatWAR

ETatWAR Gamer

Here we go again , another ...... , dude xBox does not control the part in game that redirects you to the store, the problem is not the store the problem is INGAME REDIRECTION and you blaim bill gates , my goodness you ....

5. Horus

Horus Alien

Bill who? You seem to be a rather abusive and rude person. I can see why you find it hard to read and cogitate on something most of us take for granted. You made the mistake by not reading. Tough, now suck it up and go get a refund through XBox. :Cough - should have bought a PC: :p

You are raving kiddo, calm down and see you made a booboo. The same post is available on the XBox shop, YOU DID NOT READ YOU ASSUMED!

6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

No, I'm 35. I'm old enough to know to inform myself on what I buy before I spend my money. I learned that the had way, and now you did too.
    By the way I already conceded (that means I agree with you on that point) that it's bad practice to redirect to an unrelated DLC. Still, inform, not assume.

Horus likes this.
  7. ETatWAR

ETatWAR Gamer

You still dont get it, i guess you have no idea how ingame dlc buying on xbox works, there is No warning if you click the car ingame

8. ETatWAR

ETatWAR Gamer

Just answer a very simple question, give 1 example where you IN GAME click a gun, a house, a car or a whatever and from there you are redirected to a dlc that does not contain the part and there is NO WARNING in the game or store?

9. the xbox store tells you whats included in the season pass. i know this as i posted about it here as soon as the pass went live for purchase... the performance pack cars were a pre order bonus and the prestige pack was a retailer exclusive bonus that may become available. yes when you click on a car with a cloud beside it , it does take you to the xbox store page and shows you what dlc is available currently. But if you click on the season pass it tells you whats included perhaps you should read the description before clicking buy

Horus, talby71 and AyrtJ97 like this.
  10. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Descriptions are written by the developers though and i assume they put the hotlinks there as well. Its quite unfortunate and s the xbox system doesnt seem to show descriptions which is a bloody massive flaw it really doesnt help. i take steam for granted.

Horus likes this.
  11. AyrtJ97

AyrtJ97 Rookie

Of course it is not user's fault, but Kunos' fault by redirecting the user to the Season Pass when he selects a car that is not part of the Season Pass (maybe, and only maybe, they will be in the future, I don't know), but, first of all, a Season Pass in a game that have just been released is usually for future content (that's how the Season Pass works, you pay now for future DLC, like for example the Car Packs in Forza, but I'm sure I don't have to explain how a Season Pass works to anyone).
    And secondly, are you telling me that only my Xbox's store have a description of the Season Pass? You only have to scroll down the page to find that description.

Again, I'm not saying it is the user's fault, but let's say things right, and on the right manners, please.

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  12. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I can't think of any game I play where I would buy DLC that way. PC gamer, sorry. It works different for us folks.
    But can you tell me one instance outside of XBox where you would spent money on something without knowing what it is you're buying?

Horus likes this.
  13. TNTNitro

TNTNitro Gamer

it's a mistake and people shouldn't pay for that mistake.

the game has 3 dlc ,xbox store has 3 dlc (Prestige, Performance, Season Pass)

in the game, I click on the car with cloud symbol. If the car is part, and can only be downloaded with the Prestige Pack, because I was directed to the season pass? being that the store exists the DLC Prestige!

14. ETatWAR

ETatWAR Gamer

15. you were directed to the xbox store which shows the current dlc thats available. the season pass states whats included. the only way to get the prestige and performance pack to show up is to actualy search for them

Horus and talby71 like this.
  16. AyrtJ97

AyrtJ97 Rookie

Trust me, it does have a description on the Xbox Store

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  17. talby71

talby71 Gamer

this is the description i get on the xbox store, not sure where you are looking

Description
    The DLC Season Pass gives you access to the following future downloadable content - the JAPANESE PACK DLC, RED PACK DLC, and the upcoming PORSCHE DLC packs. In total over 30 new cars, as well as the Red Bull track, and also includes an exclusive livery. The Red Pack includes: The CARS: Ferrari SF-15T Ferrari F138 Ferrari 488 GT3 Maserati 250F 6C Maserati 250F T2 12C Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 Lamborghini Aventador SuperVeloce The TRACK: Spielberg REDBULL Ring Circuit Japanese Pack: - Mazda MX-5 2015 - Mazda MX-5 CUP - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R + tuned version - Toyota Supra MK IV + time attack and Drift version - Toyota AE86 Trueno + tuned and Drift version - Nissan 370Z NISMO - Nissan GT-R R34 Skyline V-Spec The Porsche DLC packs will introduce over twenty classic cars from throughout their history.

Horus and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  18. ETatWAR

ETatWAR Gamer

It still does not make any sence that AC redirects you to the store , to simple to point to microsoft or whoever,they all make money out of it they all should do something about it toghetter

19. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Now im confused, the op says it doesnt show descriptions oh well guess ive been too used to the steam store.

20. people are upset because they bought it without reading and assumed what was included. instead they come to the forum and blame the developer

AyrtJ97, Horus and talby71 like this.