1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Headphone recommendations

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bgil66, Dec 13, 2016.

1. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I currently use the Sennheiser HD201 wired ones but the cords are all kinked and earpads are worn. What do you guys use? Go wireless? Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Gaming Headphone Recommendations? Jun 22, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Headphone Audio settings Apr 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.1.1 CTD when headphones plugged in Oct 26, 2019
    Audio Bugs & Issues No sound in USB headphones Oct 25, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues No sound in oculus Rift cv1 headphones Sep 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Good Headphones for AC Feb 26, 2017
    Console Lounge headphones + cockpit view = stuttering engine? Oct 14, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Game Crashing when disconnecting headphone Apr 10, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Vehcile sound only in right side of headphones Nov 4, 2015
    Chit Chat Room New headphones - wow! Sep 9, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Headphones upgrade from sennheiser pc320 Aug 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Advice for headphones/microphone for voice chat? Dec 15, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Listen with headphones Nov 10, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Volume headphone Oct 24, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Cockpit audio and headphones Oct 19, 2014

3. TDS

TDS Alien

i Use a HD 650 for work and games, and i just love it.. i change the ear cushions every 6 months to 1 year.
    Its very comfortable and aways like new... its been with me for at least 5 years.

Seria17hri11er and bgil66 like this.
  4. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I use the relatively cheap Audio Technica ATH-M40X and while they are great, I would go for the M50X for more bass. I've also heard quite good things about the sennheiser hd 598 for both games and music, they are consider a very good bargain.

As for wireless, I used the Logitech G930 for a while. Not too bad. Sound is not as good as the M40X, and I had a few disconnecting issues. If the wire is not an issue for you, I'd definitely go for wired cans.

bgil66 likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im using audio technica ath-m50x. Comfortable and the sound is good imo.

bgil66 likes this.
  6. I'm using the Logitech G430 right now, which is a pretty cheap 7.1 headset! But its great value! I'm really happy with it so far! It has a VERY long wire, but it pretty much can never bunch up!

bgil66 likes this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

If you want a superior set for music, the BeyerDynamic DT770 is in a league of it's own for it's price. I use it for gaming as well, though it's less boomy than typical gaming headsets.

bgil66 likes this.
  8. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I got me these:
    http://de-de.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-pc-363d

All I can say is, the cars interior sound in Assetto with the virtual 3D turned on is fantastic.
    Best thing is the plasticity of the grumbling exhaust notes on gear shift, makes you really feel like you're in the car.
    I'm not an audiophile person, so could not give a professional advice, but for gaming the absolutely rock!
    The mic is turned off and on automatically if you flip it up or down, so no bothering there, and they are very comfy to wear.

bgil66 likes this.
  9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Lot of cheaper headphones add some in-built EQ to make them sound "more impressive" (boosting bass) but the EQ curve is far from natural. I've had my Denon AHD-2000 for 6 years, no complaints but they've discontinued the model. IMO investing into high-end headphones is smart, because you get high end audio for a lot less money, compared to regular speaker system. Under 150$ you won't usually get anything good (at least if you do some audio editing where hearing every detail counts.. or just want very high end music experience) And anything marketed as "Gaming headphones" are usually pure crap. They are stuffed with features like in-built mic, and usually quality suffers somewhere

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    bgil66 likes this.
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I have the Sennheiser HD-555's and like them a lot; nice sound and really comfortable. There are better studio versions out there but, I thought these were nice for the money.

bgil66 likes this.
  11. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Hmmm, I'm looking at those Logitech surround sound headphones. Will AC use 7.1 surround sound, or just stereo? I'd hate to bother with the Logitech software and USB soundcard for no improvement.

bgil66 likes this.
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I did some research on headphones before I bought mine; the general consensus on 3D-surround at the time was that it wasn't worth compromising overall sound quality to have it - it just wasn't very effective and good headphones already do pretty well at representing some directional audio cues. I haven't had any to compare with but, the Bose ones I had before the Senn's may have been slightly better at surround effects but, were poorly constructed with multiple failures.

bgil66 likes this.
  13. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, a quality set of headphones is a good investment.
    I use beyer dynamics DT990 Pro for listening to music and watching films. They are from 2005, 11 years old, and do look very worn by now, specially the ear cubs (although the third set). But sound is still superb, and they seem to be built for eternity.

hmm, not perfectly sure on that. With the virtual 3D surround turned on (speaking of the Sennheiser 363D), I still do often struggle to clearly determine if the fronts or the rears are looking up. At gun point, I would tend to say its still only stereo, but the sound feels very vivid and rich, so it adds to the game, but it for sure does not sound natural, and I would not want to listen to any kind of music with the 3D turned on. On the 363D I can switch the virtual 3D on and off via a button on the cord, and I definitely prefer
    AC with 3D turned on. But as said before its more a thing of making the experience of the games sound more vivid, and it makes you feel more being in the game, so its immersive.
    However, for me at least, I do get no real indication of where a specific sound is exactly coming from with the virtual 3D. Not sure if such would be possible to begin with, its still just two drivers, and not a real 7.1.

Fred Hough and bgil66 like this.
  14. Markim79

Markim79 Gamer

I use the Kingston HyperX cloud II and I think they are very good. Great sound and the microphone is removable. Very comfortable during a long race too.

bgil66 likes this.
  15. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

SuperLux HD 668B + Asus xonar dgx 5.1, Very cheap and will have better sound than most gaming headsets

ColorfulTurtle, henri and bgil66 like this.
  16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I recently got Samsons SR850 and I`m very satisfied ... fairly cheap but comparable to few price levels higher HP ... switching from same SH you have .. compared to something like HyperX or other gaming headsets it is miles better, our HD 201 are better than most of gaming headsets (for example those HyperX, with respect to Markim who likes them, they are very very poor sound quality)

I`m using them with Xonar DG

https://www.amazon.com/Samson-SR850-Professional-Reference-Headphones/dp/B002LBSEQS
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/546544/samson-sr850-superlux-oem-review-a-50-budget-champion
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...ASR850C_SR850_Semi_Open_Studio_Reference.html

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    bgil66 likes this.
  17. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

If you use it mainly for gaming the key feature is comfort. If it is online gaming the second key feature is the mike. Those are more important than sound quality imo.

I am quite happy with a Kingston HyperX for gaming. It does not press my head and my ears don't overheat ;-) The sound quality is decent and the microphone is good enough for TS/discord chatting. If I compare with my Sennheiser HD-25 II, which I used before playing mainly online, the sound does not reach the same quality, but the comfort is way better. In game you won't listen to Wagner or Yes anyway.

bgil66 likes this.
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Skip all these 3d, 5.1 nonsense, just plain wired stereo.
    Good brands: Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Sony, AKG, Audio-Technica.
    Do you need open or closed ear cup design, supra or cicumaural.
    Can your audio card drive them, watch for HP impedance, dedicated HP amp is always plus.

My most used is Beyerdynamic T1, great comfort and clarity, also great design that can take some fair beating. Need dedicated amp, also open.

For closed after so many years in head-fi hobby I liked Sony MDR 7520 the best. And I've owned a lot of HPs.
    https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7520-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B004Z58VZ2
    Compact, circumaural , comfortable design with good isolation and outstanding studio quality, quite efficient, can drive from onboard card. Good price too.
    My office phones when I need isolation.

Brownninja97 and bgil66 like this.
  19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Thanks all! I'll definately look into them and I appreciate your time.

20. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I use Sennheiser RS170 wireless headphones for driving. I don't want to hassle with a cable around the rig and I don't need top quality sound in racing.

bgil66 likes this.
  21. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Too bad as AC new sound definitely deserved the best.

@OP, if wireless is your thing, these are perhaps the best you can get today.
    https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR1RBT-Premium-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B009A6D034

I have wired version, they are super nice, colleague got BT version, sound great too.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    bgil66 likes this.