1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.11 and PP3 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ALB123, Dec 20, 2016.

1. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Thank you for that explanation, @David Dominguez. I actually understand now. :D Again, I meant no disrespect to any Kunos staff or modders - I just couldn't get my head around that word "updated". My apologizes.

2. Fantastic explanation. Thanks David.

Nothing to be sorry about ya silly arse :D

ALB123 and David Dominguez like this.
  3. Robes

Robes Gamer

"New Championship gameplay. Create your own championship, select cars, tracks, laps, points, rules and compete against the AI."

:eek:

Thank you so, so much. I have been waiting for this for so long. I realise there are some teething problems but I'm confident the bugs will be fixed.

AC - THE best sim there has ever been

Skylar_Schutz likes this.
  4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

5. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

What are your opinions on, 17/30 people ? :) I think it has better turn in in slow bends now.

7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I think this applies to all cars that were updated in 1.11 patch, both increased turn in and more rear rotation.
    I am really eager to see how will Ferrari 458 handle with updated physics.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  8. what is 17/30 ?

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think he meant 917.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  10. I feel that the GT3 RS handles like it has a mid-engine layout instead of rear.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

11. Whilst this number is not conclusive to a cars handling traits, it might give some insight.

Here are the static (so just sat still, not driving) weight distribution numbers, measured in game (on a flat surface). Some of the cars this stayed very stable and easy to read, some varied by a percent or so, so they are less accurate.

Anyway, here are the cars I quickly tested.

Weight % Front (smaller number means more weight at the back)

911 Carrera S 39.6%
    911 Turbo 40.4%
    911 R 39.9%
    911 GT3 RS 39.9%

911 Carrera RSR 3.0 41.5%

Cayman S 46.8%

Ferrari 488 41.2%

12. Orne

Orne Alien

That may have to do with the massive amount of downforce the GT3 RS has compared to a "regular" 911 and even the GT3. 110kg of downforce on the front, 235kg of downforce on the rear which is triple the amount of downforce the GT3 makes. It also has a wider body, same body as the Turbo (I believe) The tyres are 325s and the fronts are 265. Lots o grip for sure. Oh and don't forget the rear steering system keeping things in line as well.

I didn't fully appreciate how much stickier the GT3 RS was on the track compared with the standard 911 until I compared the laptimes, 2 to 3 seconds quicker in my hands, probably a lot more in the hands of someone who actually knows what they're doing, ha !

Trailing throttle oversteer will certainly bring out its rear engine tendencies for sure, hahah

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  13. I hate it when publications state downforce figures like that. I mean at what speed are you getting that amount of downforce? At 60mph, or 200mph? Because thats a huge difference.
    I guess they mean maximum downforce, which is going to mean the highest speed, where the downforce is not really needed, so a bit irrelevent.

Assuming the aero data in the AC version of the GT3 RS is correct, you reach the 345KG of downforce you stated above at about 185mph, so not a beneficial scenario.

If publications insist on quoting the downforce in KGs, then I'd like them to choose a speed too, like 100mph.
    Then its easy to compare from car to car; For example, the 911 GT3 RS makes 100kg of downforce at 100mph. Thats a speed you might actually corner at, and benefit from. You can compare that number to any other car too, say the 488 which makes 137KG of downforce @ 100mph.

14. Orne

Orne Alien

Hey, I'm just quoting Andreas Preuninger, hahah. What you're saying makes sense.

This article is interesting though

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...rce-problems-on-the-nurburgring-ar171467.html

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  15. Orne

Orne Alien

In the real GT3 RS there is a feature if you hold both paddles and release them simultaneously it gives the same effect as clutch kick.

16. Praga FFB is OK now, without crazy ratling on G27 :)

SunBro likes this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Better?
    "To give you a comparison, the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 was top of the pops, it was 170kg at 300kph (186mph), which is quite substantial. And this car has more than doubled the downforce, with 350kg at 300kph."
    http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/featur...r-of-the-2015-porsche-911-gt3-rs-by-the-boss/
    An article worth a read btw.

18. Haha, much better. Still annoying they quote figures at near maximum speed, I still think a more realistic standard speed would be more beneficial.

19. Orne

Orne Alien

Q: So you’ve still got a lot of downforce at much lower speeds…
    AP: Exactly. You’ve got half of it at 150kph (93mph), and this is still more than the RS 4.0 had in total. And that’s in addition to the mechanical grip with these very wide wheels and huge contact patches, and that rubber compound, and 9.5in wide at the front with 265s. This is all one big performance plus that is making this quantum leap.

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Read the article, he mentions it.