1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.11 and PP3 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ALB123, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

It's hard to find drivers who think that's negative quality tbh. :D

2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yes I am sorry, I was editing my message :

Lack of feeling of how grip is available.

Actually I am mostly driving this car by looking on my screen rather than FFB.

All other cars are ok in my system so no settings to be blamed.

Any suggestions or take it as it is?

Anyone else with similar issues?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

3. I don't like the GT1. Feels like a boat to me.

nate likes this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I haven't driven the 911 GT1 that much so far, but in my few laps around Nords, I couldn't quite connect with it.
    Something was wrong about its behavior, I really couldn't push it as much as e.g. the 962C or the 919 Hybrid.
    It's just, when you don't feel confident with the car.
    Also, really got no feeling for the brakes in that car.

However, I plan to revise that next week, maybe I'll finally find the key to driving this thing. :)

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Exactly, feels like a boat, floaty feeling, lack of connection with the car.

So I am not the only one that don't like the feeling of this car.

I know that Kunos don't like "feelings" , but I don't have anything more to offer.
    I will summon @Aristotelis hoping that are common nationality will keep him cool.

Cheers

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

nate likes this.
  6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

GT1 was just extremely planted IMO, and somehow felt extremely light too. But haven't drove it a lot.

However, I love the Huayra with V10.

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Ok, I got to say I haven't kept up with all the PP3 talks, just drove the cars.

But I'm having a hard time with the 911 GT3 R, I keep spinning out with that car while the GT3 Cup handles like a charme and I can push it like I want to.

It's always the same way in the GT3 R, either I push to hard or drive over bumps/curbs (flat curbs) and at some point the rear starts to move. Hard to describe, it like the rear tires load up but then lose traktion for a bit and hump, this happens 2-3 times quickly and then the rear slides away or I react but can't catch it.

Anybody got some setup advice to help with that? Like this I usually give up after some minutes and take another car, atm mostly the Cup.

I'll try to make a video if you can see what I described.

8. Berry

Berry Alien

Soften the ARB's and maybe make the rebound a touch slower on the rear.It's a more edgy car than the GT3 Cup though, regardless of the setup :p.

Schnipp likes this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yeah, I kind of noticed that it's more edgy. :rolleyes:

Setup is pretty much stock, BB 64% instead of 68%, 2 clicks more neg. toe on fronts, front aero up to 4.
    ARB I usually use the stock setting, 6 front, 1 rear.

Here's a video where it happened, external view shows it better:

Although this time I could catch the car, but it more often than I'd like that I can't.

And before you say it, yes, I was overdriving the car there because I wanted to provoke the behaviour.
    It happens also while I'd say it wasn't overdriven.

10. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Bad understeer -> going on throttle while trying to turn -> weight shifts rearwards -> even more understeer -> lifting because of understeer -> back to throttle -> car is jacking from pedal inputs only. Quote from Jackie Stewart:

11. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

It´s the first time I´ve really noticed this "stamping" behaviour and I love that it can happen. Haven´t felt that in any game / sim ever before, at least not as intense.

The GT3 R is a Porsche and it likes the general Porsche rule, late apex, fast out. That means being quite straight allready when applying throttle, which is in my opinion a way to reduce the "wobbling / stamping" of the rear.

By now it´s pretty much my fastest GT3 car, at least around the Ring, now 3-4 seconds faster on V10s than I was before with other cars on V7s. (Not a perfect driver here, others are way faster) Managed a 8:08:210 on Endurance Cup in race trim, with fuel and medium tyres, stable and economic setup. (RSR record for meds is at (8:03:833). I just love the car, such a pleasure to drive, very alive, but still stable, as long as you keep it off the almost vertical kerbs.

Andrex and Schnipp like this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

@Kade: I know, as I said for this video I was provoking that kind of behaviour, but it also happens in other situations where I didn't unsettle the car.

Anyway, Berry's advice about rear rebound felt good on my first few laps. I even drove over several curbs harder than usual and the car feels more planted. Though softer ARB's didn't seems to help much, it was more like just being disconnected from the car and not really able to tell what the car is doing.

Ok, it's been a while and it was my first ('real') sim, but I think GTR or GTR2 had this effect too.

13. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Hehe, might just be, but that´s a really long time ago for me and I didn´t understand cars back than ;)

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The GT3 R in the standard setup is like a hyperactive kid on caffeine. Treat it wrongly and it will go bananas.
    You will have to avoid the curbs at Nords as well. Can't even go over the curbs at Wippermann without having to expect the rear end coming around (not much of an issue in any other GT2/GT3 car I've driven so far, but didn't try all of them).
    Softening the rear ARB does help a bit, but it's still quite nervous.

Thus I didn't really feel confident to push the car and certainly didn't enjoy the experience of driving it.
    It's so unforgiving.
    Thus I was stuck at around 8:30 around Nords Endurance Cup. :(

I'm sure that you can get it to behave better by improving the setup, but—to be quite hones—I can't be arsed to do that.
    I'll just hope that the GT3 RSR will be better. I never really liked those GT3-class cars (although most of them I can at least push to good lap times) and always preferred the GT2/GTE class.
    So I put my money on that one. :)

15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think my latest setup changes were on a good path yesterday, but it was too late for a decent test so I changed different settings for each run.

I'll do some testing today and will let you know if those pan out.

And Nordschleife was were I really notice that behaviour first, of course I stayed off the high curbs, but it happened on a few turns, mostly longer mid-speed turns with elevation changes and/or bumpy track.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

"stuck at around 8:30 around Nords Endurance Cup."
    IRL that wouldn't be a bad time at all for someone who isn't a professional driver, you know.

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well yes, but if you've done times around 8:15 (or maybe even lower) in other cars, then it doesn't look as good.
    Anyway, it wasn't so much about the time but rather the way I could (or rather couldn't) push the car.
    I rarely had the feeling that I could brake as late as I wanted to, that I took a corner perfectly and I carried the speed good enough onto the next section.
    It was just that driving it really didn't feel like I'm doing the right thing.

Directly after that I did 3 laps in the 962C Short Tail around Tourist and (without having driven the car since the end of last year) instantly did 6:14, 6:06 and 6:05 (I'm now quite confident that within 10 laps I could get below 6min).
    It was such a difference in feeling how the car behaves, confidence to push it around corners and know that it won't do anything stupid, just because made the slightest mistake.
    (Well, it still can punish you of course.)
    Of course that's a different car and thus it's not quite comparable (actually the lap times are sort of, as the ones for the GT3 would be in a similar range), but my main point is that it's important that you feel connected to the car. Otherwise you won't have the confidence to push it.
    To me, driving the GT3 R feels like riding a horse that really doesn't like having a human on its back.

If someone provides me with a proper setup for the GT3 R, I might try again, but I certainly won't invest my time creating a setup for it.

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ok, so motivated by @Schnipp handing me a setup, I did some testing this evening and things looked improved, but I wasn't quite satisfied. Still couldn't push.
    So I had a look around at the setups that are available via TSM and then decided to have a closer look at the setup that @Ronnie Valori made for Imola.
    I tried this one (with a few modifications to account for the track being Nords and not Imola) and it instantly felt much much better.
    The car doesn't feel as nervous at the corner entry and finally I could build up some confidence to push the car.
    I did a few adjustments to adapt the setup a bit more to my driving style (namely rear ARB to 1, bias 63%, less ABS and diff coast to 30% and a touch of toe in at the rear) and finally felt like I'm getting somewhere.

I did laps both at the 24h layout (which was what I meant above, not the Cup layout) and instantly did get an improvement to 8:25, although the lap wasn't perfect.
    Also did laps around the VLN layout (Endurance Cup) and did get 8:09 there, which is ok.
    Surely, I can improve at both times, but that's not the point. The main step forward was to find a basis for future setup development.
    There are still some things to work on, e.g. it's still too nervous for my taste when it makes contact to curbs. Maybe I can fix that as well, will see.
    So thanks Ronnie. :)

BTW, looking at the default setup, there was one thing I was surprised about and that was the front and rear ride height.
    The were practically the same. I'm not an expert on GT3 aero, but shouldn't the front be at least a bit lower to make proper usage of the diffuser?
    I tried it with increased ride height at the rear and it seemed to improve the balance but the setup was so wrong overall that I scratched that idea.
    When I tried the setup by Ronnie, I noticed that he basically did the same thing, but decreased the front so the difference between front and rear read +6mm (I think I did around +4mm but at higher overall ride height).

Schnipp likes this.
  19. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

You can try mine, too. I can push that car as well as others by now, didn´t change a huge lot, but it works, usually driving optimum, about 20°C, weather like mid_clear (Makes a difference for track temperature). I avoid many curbs, too, but I also take some. The low Hatzenbach curbs are ok if you take them late, as is the low one on the right at the end of Exit Brünnchen. Wippermann is okay, too, but only the second, while also aiming for a late apex, taking the first corner slower. Avoid the curbs on the left handers after Schumacher S on the GP part, the first one tends to send me off.

Take the .txt out of the file, won´t let me upload an ini.

I am not really sure what I did change, but I like it, I´m consistent with it.

Attached Files:

20. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Unfortunately floor rake angle on it's own doesn't do anything in AC. The floor is split to multiple components (splitter and diffuser) whose AOA (angle of attack) or height has no effect on opposite end. Height (and sometimes angle) of each component do matter but produced downforce is not interconnected.

Schnipp, Berry, Berniyh and 1 other person like this.