1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.11 and PP3 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ALB123, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Tbh, I'm not sure I believe that. Downforce increases with the square of the car's speed, so if it creates 350kg at 300kph (which is does, at least in AC), then at half the speed you won't get half the downforce, you get a quarter, so around 87kg (not 175kg).

And yeah, Its nice to see this stuff mentioned in an article, but it'd be better to see it become an industry standard, pick a speed and use that as the benchmark.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  2. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Theoretically you´re right about the square dependency, but with the complex body of a car things might not be so easy, as certain turbulence effects are highly speed dependent. Those can effect downforce in positive or negative way.

Actually this makes the c_w and c_d / c_l values speed dependent. But I don´t know if AC does that. It´s not easy to simulate and even harder to get data for something like that, I guess.

3. Yeah, I get with complex shapes its never going to be that simple, but lets be frank - at half the speed its definitely not going to be half the downforce.

Also whats the c_w you mention?

4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's actually pretty weird someone that high placed at Porsche would say such things.

GT "boss" ? Downforce is linear function? o_O

5. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Ah, might be c_d, drag coefficient. Used to the german one which is c_w, sorry.

Seria17hri11er and garyjpaterson like this.
  6. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I dont think is a linear function. I remember Emerson Fittipaldi saying something about this on indy oval racing, just a minor angle make all the difference when you are running over 300 km/h.

7. @AC Support What was the Praga FFB "correction" that came with the 1.11.4 - update? Now the car has quite a lot of oscillation even with a gyro experiment.

Edit: I'm afraid it's the steer assist once again because it feels like badly messed up FFB linearity. Isn't it possible to give people a chance to fix the linearity via setup screen because these boosted lows give big trouble for a lot of people (I think starting from CSW V2 users)? The option for that is already built-in! It's just a choice you have to make do you wan't to make the cars undrivable for people with more responsive/powerful wheels or not. The choice is yours.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  8. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Don't bother... https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/praga-r1-annoying-oscillation-with-g27.36351/ Not a single reply from a dev in 4 months(and the last post is yours lol)

9. Oh crap.. :mad::D

I can't for the life of me understand why it is so freaking hard to give the already coded possibility to adjus... ...sorry, correct the linearity with those cars where the devs have seen using messed up linearity to be the only option for bigger crowd. Because simulation wise the value is just wrong and only there because some common wheels are too slow to react.

At first you write a code that calculate the ffb as accurately as possible and then for purpose you add a filter on top of it that will make all the code underneath worthless.

As a huge AC fan I really don't want to complain but it just does not make any sense! ;)

Kristaps likes this.
  10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

When checking older lap time stats on stracker and comparing them to newer stats, I noticed that the times in the Cayman have improved by 1-2s on each track.
    e.g. at the Nürburgring, on the Streetfight server, we had "good" lap times of around 2:20.5. Now people are doing 2:17-2:19.
    Same for Mugello and Vallelunga. Possibly other tracks as well, but didn't check.

Is it just that people get better at driving both the Cayman and the Boxster or did something change in 1.10 or 1.11 that caused the performance improvement?
    Setup-wise there isn't too much that can be changed resulting in such performance changes.

11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I noticed it too in the Mustang and M3 @ Vallelunga Classic and also in the Mustang @ Mugello (haven't driven the M3 there to compare with older lap times). I remember that I couldn't get below 2:14.150 in the Mustang @ Mugello a while ago, while I did that time on my first timed lap last night. Few more laps and I did 2:13.1xx, so exactly 1s faster. Time difference was the same on Vallelunga vs. old PB laps. I know I'm not the fastest guy around, but I know where's my limit and it's not the case of better driving here if I suddenly gain 1s.

I'm talking about street tyres and 100% grip if that matters.

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Another example: I did 1:53.7 in the Cayman at Vallelunga Extended, which was SB at the time. I remember that there was some time to gain, but not that dramatic.
    Now I did 2(!) flying laps in the Boxster and hit 1:53.6 and on the next lap 1:53.2.

I didn't do more laps, since I only wanted to set a reference time, but I'm pretty sure that I could get to 1:52.0 in the Boxster and high 1:51.x in the Cayman.

Oh and yes, everything on ST tyres and 100% grip, just like before.

13. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Slight change in rolling diameter calculation gave all the cars a bit extra acceleration

Berniyh likes this.
  14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Has anyone been driving Abarth 595 S2 lately ? I think it handles better than it used too.

15. Tiny little flea but truckload of fun!

Dookie and mantasisg 2 like this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Nice ! Looks like today I'll be driving not only Thompson, but Poznan Zima version too (haven't tried yet). From a video it looks a bit too grippy, more like a damp track, than icy. Just checked surfaces.ini and frictions all frictions are ~0.9, thats still plenty of grip, IMO should be 0.75 or even less. Unless ice is melted off and then road is dry.

17. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

You probably missed ALOOG1 Poznan ice racing. I think we used 70% grip. No one complained for having too much grip. :rolleyes:

18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yes, me wasn't there. Modding probably... :D I knew it was happening.

I probably would have complained :D Well, meybe with 10C and dusty track it would be +-OK I'm about to launch it now.

Tried it, and IMO definitely too grippy if it is supposed to be icy, I don't know... maybe with very good winter tires.. but no, too grippy.

Excuse me for offtopic, I'll discuss it in RD dedicated thread.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hm, should set that up with 70% in the YellowBird on SV tyres once. :D

20. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Let me ask something :
    Am I the only one that hates GT1?

Bad FFB with floaty feeling around center is my major concern, plus lack of understeer or oversteer.

Anyone else?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk