1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Button Mapping is in the works

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by stefanoCasillo, May 2, 2017.

1. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

How do you know that? Dirt Rally let you assign the clutch to a button. I don’t see why this would be an issue. If you think it’s because it needs analog input, PS4 buttons are analog.

EDIT: Never mind, I just checked and for whatever reason the PS4 doesn’t have analog buttons like the PS3 and PS2... Weird.

2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Has been requested and refused several times on PC so don't expect it.

3. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Ohhhhh yeeeeaaahhh! Finaly the forums gone a rest :) now you can ban me :) (i hope you didnt) Great News! Finally ! I we gone a enjoy the game at maximum! You have my support and of my community for the future and i retire all my negative comments (due of my frustration)!

4. TheRealJuralumin

Damn... That’s basically the entire reason I wanted custom button mapping. I guess this would also mean no manual race starts then.

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  5. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for hearing the community. We're all really excited to push some buttons :D

Seriously though, thank you. Very much looking forward to it!

365gt and PRO Stream BG like this.
  6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

That's music to our ears.Thanks guys.

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  7. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

In youtube have one video who is maded before few mounts, who says "Thank You Kunos" i must edit it or make another one showing our greatfull about your fast respounse and how you guys listen your users/players! This is amazing news for me and many others! I cant belive its finally happen! With that news you make many people happy! I wish you all the best and THANK YOU! (if is posible to close my threads of presets and bug reports gone a be good, after this great news all this issues gone a be solved)

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  8. TheRealJuralumin

Just messaged Lord Kunos, they confirmed that you will not be able to assign the clutch to a button.

SlimCharles likes this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, I guess with auto-clutch it means you have to stay in N and press upshift once the lights are off.

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. TheRealJuralumin

Yeah, I think at that point i’d rather just keep the automatic start.

EDIT: I haven’t done a race in ages and just double checked, the game forces you to do that in the Automatic start anyway... I’d forgotten, it’s such an awkward way to start a race.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  11. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Give this man a BIG CIGAAAAAAAR please :cool::cool::cool: thank you for lessening to are needs Lord Kunos .
    Much appreciated greets .

Grijo, Donnced2, pippo10 and 2 others like this.
  12. thurlesdrunk

thurlesdrunk Rookie

Will we be able to use usb button boxes/keyboard inputs with the update aswell?

13. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

Thanks a lot for listening to the community !!!!!

14. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

So excited. Hopefully, I can map the VR reset position to a button on the wheel. That would be immensely helpful.

15. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

What are you talking about ???? :-O

LeDude83 and PRO Stream BG like this.
  16. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Great news, awesome response Lord Kunos. Love to see the dial used on the G29 too, either for brake balance or brake pressure maybe.

17. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

He probably is a lost PC guy in Console forums, or just dream with VR experiance on console in AC, or is just sarcastic about the lack of it in consoles :)

But was funny :)

18. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

I´m SO happy and terribly sad at the same time.

On one hand... FINALLY!! Doesn´t need much of an explanation. No more clashing keys, no more lack of peripheral vision, no more need for proximity arrows, etc.

On the other hand, it´s beyond ridiculous that we have to celebrate something so trivial like this. And it´s also a bit of a farce trying to sell this was somehow a good example of listening and interacting with the community... this was written all over the wall from day one by pretty much all the active player base here, and being brutally honest I´m sorry but we didn´t even need to say it, everybody with a remote interest in sim racing understands the presets solution was just not good enough, let alone people like Kunos who both plays and codes.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Reinart86, paul_wev, Timm2012 and 4 others like this.
  19. More apps pedal settings keyboard for FOV at the same time would be nice.

20. Brainspasm

Brainspasm Gamer

that means, we t500rs users can finally push "THE" horn button? yaaay *mööööp möööööp* :D