1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Button Mapping is in the works

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by stefanoCasillo, May 2, 2017.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

My best wishes to everybody of the forum staff for the next few days if the PC crowd reads this. ;) :D

paul_wev and bradleyland like this.
  2. robgunns

robgunns Rookie

Any news on timeframe for this.

Carlos_Fandango likes this.
  3. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

I think you can take from the total lack of response that button mapping has been shelved ! It's obvious by now KS would rather make us pay for DLC to fund the ongoing support for the PC version, leaving us peasants to pick through the meager leftovers after the elite have had their fill of fine dining !
    We're what now, two or three months behind PC with new content, still have a choice of three very poorly implemented control options, still no wheel and pedal calibration, still sound issues with menu music FROM DAY ONE !!!!
    I'm sorry, but as much as I love the physics, it's so damn infuriating to be playing what is in effect, a handling simulation when it could (and should) be the definitive racing SIM on console ! I mean, why on earth is there still no leaderboards, or even a record of your own personal best lap times ? We had personal best time recording on games from the PS1 era racing games, it's now 2017 not 1997 !
    I'm fed up with supporting a game that the devs have effectively abandoned on console. I pre ordered it, bought the season pass and waited patiently for the promise that it would be updated to have parity with the PC version, but that time has now passed. It's taking too long to add even the most basic of requirements to be classed as a leading racing game, let alone a simulation. The way it was advertised was misleading to say the least, it was advertised as being the same experience that PC players have been enjoying (graphics and performance of the hardware allowing), but it turns out that was far, far from the truth !
    I'm just glad I've have pCARS 1 to keep me entertained this past 6 months whilst waiting for SMS's second installment of what a fuller, and more importantly, fun and exciting racing simulation should be !

gabriel2706 likes this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

You are assuming with no info whatsoever that button mapping has been shelved. Stefano has confirmed that the consoles will keep on being supported even when people stop playing the game, and the update with new AI and button mapping it's going to be released in very short time (the DLC that is coming with the update has appeared on the XBOX store). So no, we are not paying for the PC development.

I've already discussed this with many other people. It's unreasonable and unfair to ask for features that you think or many people think are a must. A developer can launch the game however they want to, if they make clear what is coming with the game. Now, Why they are not working on that? Because they have been working in more important things, like private lobbies, custom button mapping and getting the game on par with PC.

Again you are assuming the developers have stopped developing the game. I've already explained this is false.

Im agree with you that they promissed the game to be the same as PC at launch (and this wasn't the case, not by far) and that they also said both versions would be on pair with time but this has not happened and very little progress has been made in this matter (to be fair, they had to make a whole new system for the private lobbies).

PD: No wonder why some people are very angry. Their anger is based on nothing real.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  5. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

OK, so I'm not so much as basing this on fact, more an observation ! The speed of development on console is a snails pace compared to PC, the missing features, settings etc compared to PC is, to my mind the reason people are getting angry ! And this IS based on something real ! The facts speak for themselves when so much that is in the PC version is missing from the console release. There's many day one issues still apparent that need addressing before we can begin to get excited about new DLC of even button mapping. I'm not asking for anything new that's never been seen before on a console racing game, just basic things that have been included in many other games years ago !
    I think some may see the complaints against AC as spoilt, entitled kids who just hate the game and want to rant just for attention. It's far from that, it's frustration at the way things have been implemented and missed that have been included in console games for years.

Carlos_Fandango likes this.
  6. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Generally the things on PC goes a bit faster yes,they don't have to pass a complete submission process for updates on steam like on the console companies.

But the Last update PC version received (1.14.4) was on 23th June... They didn't receive anything since..

And on Twitter Stefano replied to a person that the next 1.15 PC update will come with the Ferrari 70Th anniversary DLC...

And that is planned in autumn...

So i wouldn't call the development speed on PC "rabbit speed" either.

Kunos is a small company,they didn't accomplish their commercial promise that console version would be equal as PC version, but they don't stop working either, not on console and not on PC.

Most of the cars of RTR DLC together with the Mazda 787B car where promised in Xmas 2015 to land in the game during 2016... And as you can see, they finally landed in 2017..

Patience, everything will come.

StyleF1re likes this.
  7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Ok, change "No wonder why some people are very angry. Their anger is based on nothing real." with "No wonder why some people are very angry. Part of their anger is based on nothing real." because being angry about them stopping the development on consoles or getting shelved button mapping is not knowing that they are working in those things.

You cant ask them to be faster with the development. If they are an small team, what do you expect them to do? They have to be on par with PC obligatory? They have to add all the features you think are necessary obligatory? No.

The only thing you can ask them is to tell you the truth of the game. That's why some of the complaints (having the same game as in PC, being on par with PC on the development after the release) are fair, but not because the reasons you are pointing out.

Im sorry, but this is in part exactly what it is. Is about people complaining about unreasonably things.

8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Here's 1 simple fact on Xbox, the complete save system is bugged, has been from day 1 and still not sorted out. New content is being released with bugged and broken save issues.

9. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I think your judgment is too severe. A.C. is an excellent product and for me very enjoyable since customs championships were introduced. Also wait a couple of months to get the same release of PC version is not dramatics. KS IMHO is doing a good job. They can do better? Yes but with a realistic speaking their support is very good. You spoke of PC1: well do you remember of the invisible walls during the race? SMS never solved it as some other issues. So if you like more PC1 it is your preference and I wish you a nice playing.

@P73 likes this.
  10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

They can do both things. And they need to do both things (DLC is just the way they have to pay for the support).

Now, was legit to release a game with bugs like that? No.

It all comes to having clear the terms of the purchase. Stefano said on one of his streamings something like "If you buy a product, then that's it, you are agree with it" and he is completely right. But you also have to state clear what is coming with the game. Thats why it's fair to complain about things like features missing from PC and bugs that it is very difficult to know if they are there. With the same rule, it's unfair to complain about things like private lobbies or leaderboards.

11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I'm not complaining about the missing features, or poor graphics or the bad fps, I've had my money's worth out the game over the last 12 months. What I'm complaining about is the day 1 to this day, game save issues which should have been sorted out months and months ago on Xbox. I personally don't think it will ever be sorted out now we're a year in.

@P73 and pippo10 like this.
  12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I agree with that too.

I said the other thing just to clarify what it's reasonable to complain and what not.

13. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

on the other hand, Kunos could have announced AC2 9 months ago, bearly update AC1, bought out SIM racing media outlets then claimed AC2 will be the bestest thing on earth. Then release builds to media outlets and claim its not as good as their marketing says because they sent out an old build, all whilst getting their testers to claim its the bestest physics out there, on the old build.

Nah I think I prefer Kunos way of business actually.

Jon Legg and @P73 like this.
  14. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Sorry ? What exactly is unreasonable in wanting a RACING simulator to save you best lap times so you have at least some idea if a suspension or brake setup is better or worse than the first one !
    Is it unreasonable to expect your data to be saved after Xbox players found out DAY ONE that it's bugged, and still is ?
    The sound issue where menu music will play from either the right or left channel randomly ! OK, this is a minor bugbear, but it compounds the feeling Kunos would rather push DLC than fix known issues !
    Like I've said before, these are not things that are unreasonable to expect from a current gen console release.
    Sure pCARS had many, many issues when released. Some major game breaking ones, some smaller more "niggling" ones, but SMS worked hard, and more importantly, communicated with the community and iron them out in a more timely manner. Even the patches and DLC release times were only days or in some cases, a week apart across ALL platforms.

15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

You are not understanding what Im saying and mixing things up.

It is reasonable to ask for it. It's unreasonable to complain about the game not having it.

No, that's reasonable. Such a serious bug should have been solved since day one.

No DLC, no money and Kunos cant pay the working men to solve those issues. The developers arent some kind of inmaterial beings that arent tied up to the needs of us earthly people such us food, sleeping, having a house and so on. It's totally fair that they have a way to fund the post development of the game.

And more important, most of the guys that work on the DLC cars, dont work either on porting the game from PC to consoles or solving the issues.

And Kunos dont. Im sure they are all having a big party with the money they got from Digital Bross and laughing at us. You also missed that SMS had probably 2-3 times the size of Kunos when they were in the post-release development of PCars1 and that they also released DLC.

I really didn't followed the post development communication of PCars 1 and I didnt like some of the things that I saw (like Ian Bell defending the monstrosity of the force feedback settings) but I agree the communication of Kunos with us the console users is very bad and should improve a lot.

16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Now that digital bros buyed kunos simulazioni they receive money from the company, so it isn't like before that the money came out kunos pockets and needed to sell DLC for the next one...

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I've already discussed this with you in other place. Who knows how the deal between Digital Bross and Kunos is (the only thing we know is that Kunos belongs to Digital Bross, that Massarutto is still the boss of kunos and nothing have changed regarding the team really), but Im sure that Kunos still needs to be profitable. And having in mind that Massarutto said nothing have changed, it's natural to say that Kunos still has that way of funding the game; as every other single game with a post release development has.

I dont see Digital Bross saying "Ey!! Now that we spent a couple of millions on buying out Kunos, you can throw away your funding strategy and loosing money by still working on the game but not generating any benefits".

edit: typos

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    pippo10 likes this.
  18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

1. Yup, we discussed it once. Here i let you what Marco Massarutto wrote on his Facebook about the acquisition of Kunos simulazioni by digital bros:

"Ok, let's clarify this before it becomes the bigger flame of the year.

By today, Kunos Simulazioni is part of Digital Bros Family, and me and Stefano by today are shareholders of Digital Bros. That's it. We are still the founders of Kunos, we are still IN, also keeping our respective positions and responsabilities, with just few exceptions: the budget we'll manage by now doesn't come anymore from our personal profits, but from Digital Bros, our bigger AC fan.Keeping the same... policy, strategies, DNA, development team, goals. So, if this news would not been made public, you couldn't realize that something is changed, because - by a gamer/simracer point of view - nothing is going to change.

The reason why this news comes like a bombshell is because Digital Bros is a listed company, therefore this kind of operation must a) kept confidential until the negotiation is over, b) go public when is done. That's it.

For whom are afraid that today a piece of their simracing world has gone, let me remind them that Digital Bros has published - under its label 505Games - the console version of Assetto Corsa, and it doesn't seem to me that AC on PS4/XB1 is an arcade game: definetely it isn't. Therefore, before to scream in any direction that "Kunos has been bought, The World is Over", please sit down, breath and think. Because the only news you should be interested is that by today, we have more resources, time and power to do our job, even better than before.

So: think easier, live better, stay strong. The Future is Bright.

Have a nice weekend"

19. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Ok, but that doesnt negate what Im saying. As a matter of fact Im pointing out that in my post.

edit:
    The only thing wrong in my post discussing with GT500 is that Im saying Kunos pays the workers, but the argument is still valid: Kunos needs DLC to fund the development.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  20. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Indeed, it doesn't negate what you are saying..
    Kunos sure want to achieve their goals and objectives like every enterprise.

But before the acquisition of Kunos by digital bros everything came out the pockets of marco and Stefano..

So they would be very careful with the content of an DLC and paying license fees to assure the DLC sales were enough to get back the money they putted in and gain to work on a next one.

Now they are working but they receive a budget by digital bros that isn't the same as working with your own personal profits.

Sorry that i can't explain myself better in English. :(