1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Button Mapping is in the works

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by stefanoCasillo, May 2, 2017.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Your 100% right we can't complain about what we consider missing features, it's up to the kunos to decide what they release with the game, but there was some strange decisions made, e.g. Hot lap with no lap times saved.

Where I don't agree is you say they need dlc to fund the staff to improve the game, we bought the game so the game should work as intended, if the game has major bugs in it that should be the first thing that's sorted out, and they haven't on Xbox to this day with the save data issues that's plagued this game from release. 6 months before you could save a setup, a further 3 months to delete a setup or over write one, now some can only save 1 setup per car. This is the main game from day 1, now we have dlc added and we can't save custom championships.
    How many updates/patches have we had to fix bugs without dlc added in, NONE. How many patches has the pc side had to fix bugs in that time, LOADS. Ok they can push updates out quicker on pc, but it only takes 2 to 3 weeks more to push on console.

This is where kunos has totally and utterly failed in my opinion, fixing major bugs on Xbox, and to prove that they can actually do it if they want to, PS4 DOR bug was fixed with a patch inside 7 days.

2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I agree things like a game with no major bugs and the features promissed should be on the price we paid for the game. But we also have received free cars (Im not talking about the M4 and the Gallardo with 1200 hp that should have been on the game since day one), free tracks, big and new features exclusive for consoles like private lobbies, other features that the PC guys received after the release like custom championships... So that they release DLC seems legit to me.

My guess that the game still suffers incredible bugs is because they cant manage all the things they have to do: solve the issues, keep up with the PC development and get the game to what it was supossed to be at the release. I think they try to make a balance between those 3 things, but still, I agree it's very hard to explain how is possible that bugs like that are still on the game.

They made a terrible irresponsability with the release of the game on consoles by promissing things they haven't been able to do even a year after (and they wont do because they have already confirmed some features won't be on the game)... but I dont know if I would prefer that they delay the game another year, I would not have been able to enjoy such level of physics and ffb on consoles. The ideal would have been that they release the game but warning how it was.