1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Lol :D

2. Vel

Vel Simracer

Really love the Celica. It makes many of the mod rally tracks much more entertaining. Tracks i had issues with in the past? No longer. Celica is absolutely wonderfun. Yes. Wonderfun! TY Kunos!

Schnipp and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I drove the Celica on Thursday for the first time as well and it is indeed great. Although I would like to have a slightly more oversteery balance, but maybe this can be done with the setup (can't be sure because 4WD).
    What I didn't like about it is that the handbrake is useless on it, but well, you have to get along with that, just like with the Quattro (which actually doesn't have a handbrake).

4. I've a question about the flags in the new name_displayer in single player mode:
    Is there any documentation about the necessary ISO code for the countries?
    I've tried any code I've found in the ui_skin.json but I can't get it work :(

Greets After_Midnight

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Do full nation names not also work?

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

AI doing some pretty spectacular crashes. Not the best place to overtake though...

Mike1304 likes this.
  7. Nope it don't work. Its just work for the computer generated names by the game to avoid double name ingame...

8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Does AI do blocking ? I've got decent block today by RX7, it felt really professional. I don't know if it was block or not, because there was other AI car in front, but 3-4 car lengths ahead and going probably same speed. What happened was that I have got slightly better exit speed, and started to move out of the line, and immediately AI moved in front of me. I realised that I can not overtake and moved back, so did the AI. It was awesome moment.

9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Pretty close to what happened in this incident at VLN1 2017:

I did an AI race at the Ring today for the first time, too. It seems to work quite fine as long as the aggression is moderate. Using CM I set it from 40-100% and in several attempts (mostly because I messed up), a specific car went off most of the times at Schwedenkreuz. I guess keeping the aggression in the 60-70% range should be fine.

hazardic and mantasisg 2 like this.
  10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sure that wasn't just some random Tourist server? :p

Epistolarius likes this.
  11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

We were having a debate online tonight. Some of us think the Cobra feels different in the recent update where others think it feels much the same. After the last big update I didn't like my beloved Cobra very much anymore, it felt like it was wandering around even on the straights, much like the 250F does. The car feels much more precise now to me in 1.14, it can do straight lines now! One of the guys mentioned that the data.acd changed recently. Placebo or not? Does the Cobra feel the same in the most recent update or does it feel like something has changed?

A lap from this evening

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Some crashes with AI add to the atmosphere. Of course too much is too much. If there is problems that need fixing, hopefully there is a way to fix specific to track/problem part, without neutering the overall AI algorithm

Is it me or do the AI cars appear more "loose" even without contact? Like their stability control is less than before. Or maybe just placebo. Could be just because they now sometimes do more aggressive moves with kerbs, which can cause their rear step out

frodesa likes this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I noticed the GTA is different now as well, slower vs delta from pre1.14. Just the tiny wind in hotlap mode or has that car also changed in 1.14?

I hope I haven't contracted placebo :O

Maybe @Aristotelis can confirm that the Cobra and GTA have changed (or not) in 1.14

14. hazardic

hazardic Alien

cobra and gta data files were not changed after 1.14 update as far as i remember

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

1.14 waa the recent update though wasn't it?

16. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I can't say for sure, but I'd guess the change to the acd file is probably for an update to ai.ini. Doesn't rule out other changes, of course.

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

It could be some ini file was reset or something but I will be kinda surprised if so (the Cobra was weaving a lot the last time I tried it, just after 1.13... we ran RIR then as well so I imagine I loaded the same setup.)

The GTA I ran at Monza66 at 10c because I lost my pro stamp from my RSR lap at 26c and was losing time down the straights vs the lap in the previous build with pro settings.

19. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Like I said, doesn't rule out other changes. Just that a new timestamp on that file isn't a reliable indicator given the AI updates. :)

Andy-R likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yes im aware of that thread, in the GTA's case straight line delta doesnt lie, perhaps it is just the wind. I thought there was virtually no wind in hotlap though? The Cobra atleast 2 of us felt like it is different. I only had a cursory glance at the AC ini after 1.14 and ive had to lower per car ffb in some cars so maybe that explains the difference there. It really feels different to me though :/ I'll be surprised if it is just gyro or something.