1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Article: Why Force Feedback In Computer Simulators Does Not Work?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by liakjim, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

For inside curbs, yes, I was talking about outside curbs, e.g. Vallelunga last turn onto the straight.
    There, if you drive onto the curb and then while on the curb turn to the right, the vibration should increase because the outer tyre does have more load at that point.
    I can't remember feeling that although I think I performed such a maneuver already. Will check this evening.
    Or, as another example RBR. The (famous) curbs after the penultimate corner, I'd expect the vibrations to change during curb entry (because the wheel is still turned to the right, thus the outer tyre has corner exit load) and middle/end of the curb (wheel is straight, normal load).
    I don't recall feeling that. To me the vibrations felt pretty much the same when they are there.
    Well yes, that's another thing. Sometimes a part of the curb doesn't give anything and then another part gives strong vibrations.
    That's ok, because the actual profile of the curb might induce exactly that, since some curbs have a flat surface while others don't.
    However if they look the same, I'd expect the curb to feel the same as well and e.g. at Brands Hatch, it didn't seem to me like that'd be the case.
    Will test it this evening again though.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Was that bodnar article before he made his plugins for rfactor ffb? I think around that time the isi sims greatly improved in ffb. Not sure if this was in any way going around the issues mentioned in the article but it definatly helped ISI based sims from the time real feel and bodnar plugins came in.

AC seemed to have ffb at or above this level for me from the start and has gradually improved. I dont use any fake effects but the abs one in 1.15 sounds interesting. It will just be shaking but in the ABS cars Ive driven thats pretty much the effect I get some violent shaking when it kicks in.

The first time I got it I thought I had a flat or broken wheel lol, modern cars arent as viloent with ABS these days. But the original systems were so nasty you dont want to push the brake limits too much in them as it zapped all confidence in the car at that point.

3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Always had the impression that it is an amplifier of the forces at steering rack.

All of them or any of them?

When in my car I noticed a vibration maybe from tyres scrub and also a drop in forces ( maybe because of a dropping in tyres load?) . I always had the impression that this the rule? That's why I always asking for a slider for the enhanced understeer. thanks for the response

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

4. there is already a drop in forces in the tyre model.. it simply isn't enough to come through the steering wheel clearly.

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Meaning that since you won't do the enhanced understeer slider I will just buy a stronger wheel lol (runs and hides before I see myself in Siberia)

Thanks again

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It's enough to come through over here. :p :D

@liakjim: I don't think pure force is the answer but rather how well a wheel resolves small changes/forces.
    IMO that's where some of the consumer wheels lack.

7. ouvert

ouvert Alien

slider or scalable enhanced understeer is exactly what I would like ... when on it is too much, when of it is less than I feel in real car (I have consumer wheel, could be better on better wheels of course) ..

8. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Yes, slider for the enhanced understeer please.

9. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Regarding the physics FF multiplier, could that be an option to bypass for those with capable wheels? Or even an INI setting for more advanced users? I know I've been turned down before, so I'm even more determined to get it mentioned whenever the discussion comes up... :p

Ernie, rycil and paul thomas like this.
  10. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

@Lord Kunos
    Exactly that multiplier that you've already told us about some time ago, is what is currently holding me back from buying a DD wheel.
    As @Berniyh correctly stated, currently, all cars FF strenght is kind of in the same ball park, to be compatible with current consumer hardware (if I understood you correctly).

So I reckoned, that a DD wheel would give me nice detail in the FF output, but it would not really allow me to experience in more variety the hugly different steering forces between eg a small road car and a high downforce race car.
    I do well know, that I can tailor each cars FF to my liking, but I would not like to do that, because, honestly, apart from knowing that a servo assisted Abarth has supposedly a light wheel, and that the 962C at speed should be quite heavy, I have no clue about what should be even roughly correct for any specific car.

Do you have any plans for the future to maybe add an option for DD users that globally changes the multipliers of the cars to allow for greater variety in forces between different cars?

11. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I eyeball it with the new FFBClip app, where I set the average cornering force target for each car. Modern, powerassisted cars are fairly light at 4-6Nm, the cars I imagine to be heavier I go as high as 12-15Nm, which give me peaks of over 20Nm.. It's pretty cool, and exhausting, and I have no idea if it's real, but at least it's fun!

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You can change it for each car. Just take the reciprocal of the FF multiplier of each car and put it into the user FFB list.
    It's enough if one person does that and then shares it. After that just have to copy that list into your docs/AC folder and be done.

Sure, someone has to do the list, but that should be possible with a relatively simple script.
    (if the files are plain text and not encrypted. didn't check that part.)

13. nope, because it'd only work for old cars without powersteering. I've already explained it in the past, we didn't ask for power steering data so having "un-multiplied" FF would only work for a subset of AC cars making the feature very confusing to understand... cars have individual settings for FF gain, simply use that and adjust to your liking.

EDIT: Anyway, I will see if I can add something to some INI file making sure it's 100% unsupported.

Ernie, Dookie, Tim Meuris and 7 others like this.
  14. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

wrt to abs feedback to come through the pedal rumble for fanatec cswv3 users?

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Super explanation, thanks a lot.
    I had FFB shudder when spinning just rear tires on the start of the race, so it doesn't seem that all 4 must slip, or you meant "any of them"?
    ABS effect is it always on, as I don't see option in the menu? See no reason for someone turning it off, just curios.

16. mms

mms Alien

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

He said it's something new in 1.15, so obviously you don't see (and feel) it yet. :p

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  18. I have FF set very low on my PC (and therefore do not experience excessive vibration), simply because I prefer to have a working steering wheel rather than a shattered collection of parts on the floor.

19. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Do these sliders help people without DD wheels?

When I look at a video of a real driver's hands on the wheel, they are shacking many times more then mine are with my Fanatec v2. The only way I can think of to get closer to this degree of feed back is the sliders.

Is there a better way besides getting a DD wheel?

20. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Yay! Would be nice if you guys could also make use of Fanatec's vibration motors which they say are controllable via their SDK that you are probably already using for RPM LEDs and speed/gear display. But even without that having the wheel vibrating on ABS activation is a nice addition, thank you!