1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Pc2 looked awesome before release, comparing it now to ACC is just...meh.

Echo_29 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  2. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I got to play ACC back during E3, it has the core DNA of AC, just the car setups were really tough, the whole time I just wanted to modify the setup and I’m not even that good at them. I also felt a slight disconnect from the motions on screen to my own inputs, not lag, but more like the car (GTR) looked (not felt) to stiff as if there was no inertia in the camera. But all pretty expected stuff in an early build.

But it was enough to confirm I’m not worried. It looked and felt more like AC with weather than anything else. My biggest surprise was how similar it looked astheticly. And I loved the corner marshal waving a green flag. I really loved that detail. It sucked me right in despite the crowds all around.

3. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Fireworks - so long as they aren’t going off more than 20 min at “full dark”. Most 12- 24 hour events have them. As well as evening activities to keep the spectators engaged in the event.

But what might not be as well known is how they help drivers. They mark a key point in the race, generally about the half way mark or just the fact that it’s now officially night. It’s a key milestone in an endurance race with above average attendance.

But I agree, it would be an oversight (bug) if they just popped off all night long. And I hope they can be done with dynamic lighting so your cockpit lights up and you see them reflecting off the track geometry.

4. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

A month to go, oh yes baby![​IMG]

Kopiller, Dookie, magzire and 5 others like this.
  5. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

A month to go and just had some awful news, I've got to go on holiday that week, so I wont be able to try ACC on the 12th

6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Look What The Cat Hacked In

we need some videos pls :D

tow likes this.
  7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

ok I'll tell them to hold off release for another week:p

gandlers likes this.
  8. chuky

chuky Alien

There's a vlog in french of the 24h of Spa by Romain Monti, who won in the silver class. He talks a bit about Assetto Corsa Competizione, he shows images of the menu and he says a few words.
    It's between 3:11 and 5:21 and the menu is at 3:32.

3:11 "We're going to test the new sim, Assetto Corsa Competizione. It's the official game of the Blancpain so our car is reproduced in it, you can play with my avatar etc. It's not out yet, we don't know yet when it's released, it hasn't been announced. You can also do the 24h of Spa etc. so it's going to be cool."
    3:32 He shows images of the menu.
    The cameraman says "Do you want me to cut when you run off ?"
    4:24 "I'm coming out of the simulator, conclusion : it's hyper good. I can't wait until it's out so I can have it at home. It's one more step above the traditional Assetto Corsa. Everything is hyper well reproduced, it's sick. Whether it's the car physics, it's still a test version so there are things to refine but it's already hyper good, and even all the things around, you can really see your character press the button to start the car, you can see your harness move etc. It's really sick stuff."
    4:56 "Don't hesitate, go and tell me what sim you prefer. I'm very convinced by Assetto Corsa and this Assetto Corsa Competizione is one next step in sick stuff. And it's awesome to play with your own character, your car, everything is reproduced, all sponsors are on the car, there is going to be my helmet, it's hyper nice." 5:21

It's mostly a vlog before the race with images after but he says a few things about racing.
    5:49 In the 24h of Spa you can use as many tyres as you want (it's filmed during practice sessions). Big teams with a big budget always put new tyres, while we're very careful when we use them, it's hard to get your marks. When you have a big budget you know exactly how the tyre behaves, because new tyres have a very specific behaviour.

10:30 It's the first time I drove on Spa by night (it's was after the night test before the race), I've driven by night before but it's the first time I drive on a track with so few lights. You have to take new references, all marks change because you don't see the same things and I use skidmarks a lot as a reference for breaking points but by night you can't see anything.

9. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

It's ok buddy. I wont make you all wait just for me ;)
    besides I really need to wait until Oct 10th for VR support

sherpa25, Micii1, mms and 1 other person like this.
  10. tow

tow Racer

Kunos please make a video talk more detail how the new weather ,physics, pit stop etc works.

liakjim, D.Jankovic and Micii1 like this.
  11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

[​IMG]

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Serge M likes this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Epistolarius likes this.
  14. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Pricing
    Quadro RTX 8000 with 48GB memory: $10,000 estimated street price
    Quadro RTX 6000 with 24GB memory: $6,300 ESP
    Quadro RTX 5000 with 16GB memory: $2,300 ESP

Availability
    Quadro RTX GPUs will be available starting in the fourth quarter on nvidia.com

15. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Well, that's for designers and studios and not for gamers...
    So we'll have to wait a few more years before this tech come to a budget of a regular consumer.
    But first they need to make mining illegal, and bitcoins as a whole.

anthony galmiche and chksix like this.
  16. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Someone should tell Porsche that the speed of light is only constant in vacuum. ;)

My brothers comment when I showed him this was "well I'm never buying a porsche if they don't even know that!"
    Don't show someone with a Masters and PhD in Physics stuff like that, they loose the plot.... :eek:

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Sure, no one said we'll have that real-time ray tracing tech running on consumer hardware by tomorrow. But it's a start.

18. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I just read the linked article, can’t find the bit that indicates that they have misunderstood the physics involved, very confused lol!
    I always understood the speed of light was constant when travelling though any consistent medium, it just happens to be fastest in a vacuum.

19. mms

mms Alien

It's in the video:
    Porsche_speed_of_light.PNG