1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

Puta madre! I don't speak Spanish.

Anybody can translate?

Coanda, D.Jankovic and jaxx_za like this.
  2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Agreed. I think the people complaining is the bast mayority and of course I share that opinion. But, as a result of Kunos responding to that criticism, I would not like that the people that really like the system gets screwed.

The more I think about it, the more I realise how clever Polyphony was regarding the online part of the game. GT Sport actually has two different online systems or game modes: one similar to PCars2 and ACC and another similar (saving the distances) to Iracing and SRS. Im not saying Kunos should do the same thing as the arguably most powerful racing game developer in the planet. But Im sure there are ways of solving this.

XettMan likes this.
  3. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

today the illusions of thousands of people have died, this is going to be an economic disaster for kunos. Personally for me this title no longer has any interest, I expected an improved SRS, I guess we all expected that, honestly I'm not attracted by a game with only one category of cars and that online fun lies in getting a lap without incident.

PiretSS2000, jacyhv 2 and XettMan like this.
  4. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

5. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

I'm not trying to speak for everyone in the community. But... It's pretty clear from all of this thread as well as other forums (Reddit, YouTube) that the general consensus is that there is disappointment and that many of the current and future player base wants scheduled races. Kunos should listen to this seriously.

PiretSS2000, SlimCharles and XettMan like this.
  6. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Read the topic about multiplayer should be enough.

7. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I had no intention of doing so. I just said that I was happy to see how things progressed. I'm not for a minute trying to be the spokesperson for everyone else as some here seem to be doing. I get that some people are not happy with the way multiplayer may be going but there seem to be plenty who are. Kunos never promised anything specific so can't be accused of going in a different direction. Some people made an incorrect assumption and are blaming the developers because they got it wrong.

kro likes this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

hmmmm, maybe start here and see where you end up pal :D:p:cool:

[​IMG]
    serveimage.jpg

Oblit0r likes this.
  9. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

In fact people are realising they won't get the matchmaking they thought it was promised, that's why all those negative posts, videos, etc etc..
    Many people should have bought the game when it was cheap, like I did, played 80 hours in the past two months, and 20 hrs in the first 5 months, because if you think in a realistic way, you will not expect an iracing for 45€
    Indeed it is a bad notice, 'matchmaking, enhanced multiplayer, multiplayer finetuning' are big words for many people.

The game is great for 24,99
    I think many people, also many of who are complaining, would have bought the game if they knew it will be this way, and also pay for future DLC's
    I only hope that Kunos does not throw us 'away' as community after those months and those complainings :eek:
    :p

Fremen_78, mr Switchblade and XettMan like this.
  10. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

No.

pedronano96, Luatz1, Echo_29 and 5 others like this.
  11. doamf

doamf Racer

First off: thanks for the "in sight", it was however meant to point out that your post stands out immediately due to its picture together with your HUGE caption, which reads: Huge disappointment....now could that be associated with a reaction to the original post, in context? I am sure that was non-intentional if I understand "your position";)

With all respect: all these people whinging includes yourself I presume? Most posts are just a reaction to the original post and the impact it has.

12. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Fact: Server filtering is not matchmaking.
    Fact: Kunos marketing promised "advanced matchmaking"
    Derivative fact: Kunos lied and profited economically from it.

And actually is very dishonest that they hide this point all this time, knowing that with such statement plus the game title "Competizione" people was expecting organized online ala iRacing / Gran Turismo

Very dishonest.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  13. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Trashtalking and naysaying is a national sport here in Spain. Let them bark.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

chksix and Kalamede like this.
  14. sr bubbles

sr bubbles Gamer

DECEPCIÓN... EN MAYUSCULAS.

Juan Jesús and PiretSS2000 like this.
  15. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry but I had to do it lol

jc1993, Juan Jesús, kiril_r and 8 others like this.
  16. I've tried to refrain from posting, as I'm sure reading the negative feedback on this topic is hurting the Kunos employees enough already, but I can't help myself. I'm sorry.

I've feared this news for a while and I didn't realise how big a deal I would find it, until it was actually confirmed.

I appreciate the word "matchmaking" is ambiguous, but I can't help feel Kunos slightly misled us. "Filters", like many have already stated, would have been a much more transparent and truthful word to use when describing how multiplayer would work. Nevermind. I'm sure Kunos have learned their lesson now and in future will try to be clearer with the words they choose.

---

Anyway, back on topic. I love this game. The cars sound amazing, the graphics are incredible and I love driving on ACC. The immersion is phenomenal. But I can't help but fear I'm going to get bored of this sim pretty quickly.

ACC will also be worth every single penny, given how cheap a one-off purchase it was. But I just fear that come the end of 2019, I just won't be playing it anymore (barring any DLC). There will be little incentive.

I subscribed to iRacing in February and it is now my go-to sim. Now that I've been exposed to how excellent a matchmaking and scheduled race system works, I can't help but feel this is the future for sim racing software. I absolutely love the way iRacing works. Yes, it's expensive, but it's worth every penny to me. Competing in the 12 hours of Sebring and the 6 hour races at Monza, Spa, Suzuka etc in the Endurance Series has been amazing. Driver swapping with mates etc. It's just amazing fun.

I don't like giving Kunos a hard time, because I can only imagine the amount of hard work they've put into ACC, but I just feel disappointed with this news. In my mind, I was hoping to drive the real Blancpain series in official scheduled races, like I get to in iRacing at the 12 hours of Sebring etc - getting to driver swap with your pals and take on similarly skilled competitors.

I understand, I could join a league if I wanted to. But leagues can only be popular to a certain extent. I'm sure there were thousands of drivers signed up to the 12 Hours of Sebring on iRacing - you just wouldn't get that in a league. And the more drivers that sign up, the better matched you get with similar ability drivers. That's why an official, scheduled race multiplayer system seems so important to me. I'm sure leagues like AOR will be able to get 50+ drivers to sign up, but you have to go through testing, evaluation races etc etc. Whereas if it was officially done on ACC, the rating system could work out where to put you, with little effort. You literally sign up and five minutes later, you're racing.

I want to love ACC. It's such a great base simulator. But I just fear for the worst. There's been some overeaction and harsh words said in this topic, but at the same time, plenty of valid points amongst the (slightly weird) fury.

Having said all that, I will remain as open minded as possible and give ACC every opportunity to convince me otherwise. Good luck Kunos - I hope you take our comments on board and try to do everything you can to make positive changes in the future, if you have the budget to do so.

I know you don't have the resources of Polyphony and iRacing, but I hope this topic shows you just how important multiplayer is in today's world.

Keep smiling though - you've created an amazing sim. I just hope it all works out financially for you :)

17. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

Did you seriously just write "a fee is not required" and then go on to describe a model that people pay for?

Honestly, the lack of economical sense in this thread/forum is quite astonishing. We can only hope for a swift end...

18. fabT

fabT Alien

Ok, all i have to say is:

this is getting out of hand.
    Stop. Think.

jaxx_za and fnegroni like this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

If your trying to bait me then move on pal... You clearly do not understand me. It was intentional because when people use sensationalized words like HUGE in caps about topics that are not really huge in my opinion, then I posted what I did to highlight an event that actually was huge. Words like Love, Hate, Amazing, Huge are all over used these days to the point that there true meaning and feeling is kind of lost.

I am afraid you presume wrong again... No whinging from me on this thread. I am here to tell the rude mud slingers & whingers to get on their bikes as everything that has needed to be said has been said 100 times over ;) Like I said before, I paid $10'er and have had 140+ hours of pleasurable fun.

mr Switchblade likes this.
  20. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Have to quote one guy from the steam ACC disscussion sector:

"Disappointed but not surprised. : - )"