1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 218 – One for the road

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 218 – One for the road
    Featuring an Assetto Corsa Hotlap and a new, “Beat the pro!” Assetto Corsa Competizione challenge.

Assetto Corsa Hotlap
    Car: Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
    Track: Highlands
    upload_2021-3-21_18-30-30.png
    upload_2021-3-21_18-30-36.png
    My favourite car in AC, on my favourite bit of road.

Shelby’s test driver Ken Miles drove and raced the the predecessor to the car we have in Assetto Corsa and pronounced the car virtually un-driveable, naming it "The Turd".
    So Shelby, with help from Ford, designed a completely new chassis for the Cobra. There was a standard model and a competition car - the car we have in the game.
    S/C stands for “semi-competition.
    Shelby fitted the new car with the most excellently named "side oiler" 427 cubic inch, V8, Ford FE engine.
    upload_2021-3-21_18-31-32.png
    The 427 "side-oiler" produces a completely insane 485bhp and 465lbs/ft of torque.

I’m sure you know that 427 cubic inches is seven litres.
    Seven litres!!!
    In a car weighing just over a ton.
    On old fashioned tyres and with a chassis that flexes more than a politician. There’s also a thunderous 465lbs/ft of torque, too. In comparison, around thirty years later, the McLaren F1 has only 10lbf/ft more!

Highlands is a lovely road, with open sweepers and room enough to enjoy long seconds at full throttle.

This is the last blast from me, a huge thanks to @Pretend racer who will be taking over. Hope you enjoy!

AC Tyres and Fastest Laps:
    Recommended operating pressures:
    Vintage tyres - 43 psi all round

Fastest Lap: 2:36.745 (RSR)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Assetto Corsa Competizione – “Beat the Pro” Challenge
    10 mins Hotstint to get the Fastest Lap

Car: Ferrari 488 GT3 2019 (not the EVO)
    Track/ Time: Misano / 14:00
    Weather: CUSTOM
    upload_2021-3-21_18-33-52.png
    We're going for a 10 minute hotstint, but we're not looking for the overall time, just the single fastest (valid) lap in the stint, so we need a lap to get everything up to temp, the flat out for 2 maybe 3 laps before the tyres start to go.

This showcases ACC's talent's nicely and gives a feel for what it would be like to try and get a qualifying lap in real life.
    As a target, we are trying to beat David Perel's blistering fast 1:34:79 as show in the below video:

Remember, it’s the fastest lap, not the overall time!

Recommended Tyre Pressures:
    Ideal GT3 dry slick operating pressures are between 27.4 psi and 28.0 psi
    ---------------------------------------------------

How to take part:
    * Assetto Corsa Hotlap Challenges *
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Hotlap Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the Shelby Cobra 427 S/C and the Highlands Circuit
    Please setup the session as follows:
    Mode: Hotlap / Ambient Temp: Free / Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free.

* Assetto Corsa Competizione 30 mins Hotstint Challenge *
    1. Car: Ferrari 488 GT3 (2019 Season - non EVO version)
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins
    3. Time of day: 14:00
    4. Track: Misano
    5. Weather: Custom
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: 0%
    8. Av. Temp: 30c
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a
    The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session.
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:

* Improvement (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    * Challenge – AC or ACC
    * Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    * Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    * Number of laps - ACC Hotstint
    * Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    * Screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment.
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, lap mode, weather and of course the car being used!
    You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome.

Deadline: Sunday 28th March 2021
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-3-22_15-25-22.png
    I'll go first then!
    Default set-up save tyre pressures and transmission at 168 mph in top.
    Running at 10C, but I wonder if the Vintage tyres might prefer warmer.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  4. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Blimey, it’s like a rock and a hard place for me this week. Useless on any of the highland tracks, so that’ll be interesting in Cobra. And 1:34:79 around Missano, pretty sure that is way out of my talent remit - but hey, they’re both going to be fun trying anyway.

5. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    SFR_rallimoilane
    1:35.772
    7 laps
    Ps4

PS_App_20210322_083157.jpeg

6. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

I set ambient temperature 15deg, tires were always green.

"Careful with that throttle, Eugene"[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

7. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    HandyAndy1962
    2:43.583
    PC

Attached Files:

8. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:35:871
    PC

Dave Perel's 1:34 feels a long way away!

ACC WHC Header.PNG

9. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-3-23_23-16-28.png
    Twitchy fun!

10. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

You think that’s far, being 2 seconds off your time, not even a stronger prescription is going to bring the 1:34 into focus for me presently :)

11. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

SlowGrayAudi
    ACC
    10:02.693
    PC

Fastest lap 1:36.504

upload_2021-3-24_15-17-30.png

upload_2021-3-24_15-18-10.png

Attached Files:

12. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

Had to adjust the setup quite a bit. Even the default aggressive setup is wayyy to understeering for me. Tires do get hot, gonna make more adjustments.

SlowGrayAudi
    ACC
    10:04.895
    PC

Fastest lap 1:36.087

upload_2021-3-24_15-33-32.png

upload_2021-3-24_15-32-20.png

13. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

Made more adjustments. Less DF, more toe, more height. More rear bar. more cooling.

SlowGrayAudi
    ACC
    10:03.735
    PC

Fastest lap 1:35.709

upload_2021-3-24_15-46-59.png

upload_2021-3-24_15-47-16.png

14. SlowGrayAudi

Really close for us ACC guys!!!

15. Weekly Hotlap Challenge 218
    Thursday Timings

Assetto Corsa Hotlap
    Shelby Cobra 427 S/C in the Highlands

1. Totall Wrytoff - 2.39.663 PS4
    2. HandyAndy1962 - 2:43.583 PC
    3. Rod100 - 2.45.815 Xb1

Assetto Corsa Competizione
    Ferrari 488 GT3 at Misano

1. SlowGrayAudi - 1:35.709 PC
    2. SFR_rallimoilane - 1:35.772 PS4
    3. Mike Reynolds - 1:35:871 PC

At the moment, everyone is on the podium this week! Congrats!
    As @SlowGrayAudi says, it is very close at Misano, but still a second off David Perel!

16. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

ac
    pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

What a great combo! The Shelby is probably my favorite car to drive in AC. Its such a violent beast, you feel like a cowboy on a bucking bronco, bending it to do your bidding, while it tries to kill you at every opportunity it sees. So satisfying to get it right, and so terrifying when you get wrong! I spent a lot of time driving this car when I first started in ac. I think it made me a better driver for sure.

The last time I ran this combo was in Feb of 2017, and I did a 2.41.09. I didn't know/care to tune my cars that well back then. So with a tune from the setup market and some more skills I was able to improve by 4 seconds in 4 years!

17. Andrei228

Andrei228 Gamer

AC
    Andrei228
    2:37:557
    pc
    shelby_cobra_highlands.png

Newcomer here. I started sim racing 6 months ago and I am loving every moment of it so far, but boy is this car tough to drive. It feels like you are dancing on the limit with it in every corner(and even on the straights!).
    Looking forward to participating in more hotlap challenges in the future. :)

18. Welcome to the WHC @Andrei228 !

Thanks for joining in and what a great lap time! Even better if you've only been playing for 6 months.
    No doubt you'll get faster and faster and be heading the leader boards soon!

19. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    2:39:803
    PC

gfhfy.png

Had a very quick go as it's @Totall Wrytoff last WHC at the helm.

Changed fuel and tyre pressures, left everything else as it was. I also used TC and ABS (sorry :oops:) as I don't have time for anymore attempts to sort my braking points and get used to the car.

This will be my last WHC until sometime in June I'm sad to say as I don't have enough spare time at the moment to do the WHC justice.

Thanks for having me and keep going fast (not too fast though please).

See you in a few months time :)

20. Cheers @Peggy11 and good luck with everything in the meantime! :)

21. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4

[​IMG]

It was such a nice Spring day today I thought I'd take a ride around the Scottish countryside.
    Thank you TW!
    The King is dead, long live the King.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk