1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

458 italia vs 488 gtb

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rosko, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Ok so why is the italia so much easier to drive? I know its a bit slower but the 488 just seems to under-steer so easily. I think the italia is one of my favourite cars to drive in the game then i'm hopeless in the GTB. I know they are different cars but I can't imagine the GTB is like that to drive?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition - Not recognized (XBoX) Oct 2, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster 458 Italia wheel and pedals not recognized Jun 28, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia no ffb Dec 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 458 italia steering wheel Dec 2, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Ayuda! Sobre giro Thrustmaster ferrari 458 Italia Jun 8, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster non ffb Ferrari 458 italia issue Feb 12, 2018
    Console Lounge 458 Italia GT2 feels numb Oct 24, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues 458 Italia S3 Steering Lock May 18, 2017
    Console Lounge Ferrari 458 Italia S3 - Setup help! Mar 30, 2017
    Bug reports Ferrari 458 Italia GTE-Racecar Mar 25, 2017
    Screens & Videos Audi R8 vs Ferrari 458 Italia- track challenge Mar 23, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 458 Italia brakes glow Mar 22, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues [AC 1.11.4] Ferrari 458 Italia low overall grip Jan 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Guy wrecks rented 458 Italia, crashed recreated in Assetto Corsa Jan 9, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ferrari 458 Italia E-diff (icon missing?) Dec 27, 2016

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

There is the turbo but yes i agree it understeers quite a lot, quite surprising in fact, it put me off quite a bit

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I hated the 488 the first time I drove it around the ring. Man this is heavy as f**k and plows like a pig.
    Then I drove it today on some public road mods (Aspertsham and Nsuka Inner Loop)
    And I'm absolutely in love. So precise and controllable, it's a pure joy ride.
    Just not a track car I enjoy.

vegaguy 5555 and ZethGAF like this.
  5. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

So what is the way to drive it? Why not a track car? Is it not revered for its handling? I wonder really about the v10 tires are they less grippy?

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Adjust the front camber to about -1.2 or -1.3 deg.

That gives a little bit more grip, but not much. Though it really gives me more feedback. Stock the car feels a bit numb.

Still not as good as the 458, but better.

One other thing is simply that the 488 is 100hp more powerful than the 458, which maybe just makes it seem more understeering because you have to adapt to it's speed.

But still, the Italia is one of the best road cars in AC in terms of handling.

jim jones and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

488 is indeed somehow "bulkier" which was a surprise, but I find the car still very enjoyable. Can still slide around corners pretty effortlessly, similarly to 458. Also good that there isn't semislicks, so AI won't use them.

8. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

I did a ring lap and was way faster in the 488.... Long straights I guess plus maybe tire model v10.

Both cars can understeer if you overcook the turn in point. Make sure you get the 488 slowed down and the chassis in a neutral state--and it is fast so that means a touch earlier on the brakes --- then you will have an easier time adjusting the balance through the turn with the throttle.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

Schnipp likes this.
  9. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Yeah the turbo definitely adds to the squirrely-ness coming out of a corner. Understeers going in. I'm not really a fan of this car overall. The 458 has more direct power, though less. Pedal input seems more manageable in the 458. Honestly, sounds better, too. Looks better IMO. 488 Reminds me of the F40 almost on corner exit. Light gas input until the turbo spools up, THEN modulate gas. I believe this car has brake temp simulation? or was that just the couple of race cars? Most likely needs a VERY slow, progressive warmup on track to get it alive. Heat it up too fast and it feels stiff and unwilling.

EDIT: Each time I've driven this car on track in AC, I'm always finding myself thinking "I KNOW this thing can do it faster, but it just doesn't"

Schnipp and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Guys, I haven't found time to touch AC since the update but aren't 2 cars NOT at the same tires?
    458 can have semislicks while 488 not.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah, correct. However, if people compare here they probably (hopefully) use streets on both. Otherwise the comparison is pretty pointless.

Kristaps and liakjim like this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

458: TM7 and semi-slicks/road tyres(not shure which ones right now)
    488: TM10 and Hypercar Road only

liakjim likes this.
  13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Thanks.
    I believe that this is the main reason for people's complaining.
    They just don't notice that cars are not at the same boots.
    Actually I really like this new approach from Kunos , regarding tires.
    I hate those semislicks. Cars become some much more lively and at the same time more predictable and fun without them.
    Same goes with those awful top gear tyres in Huyara.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

gregack likes this.
  14. Berry

Berry Alien

The 458 is on semislicks, and the 488 is on Hypercar Road tyres, which are grippier and wear faster, so it's a fair comparison.I don't find the 488 more understeery than the 458, it's just that much faster so it's quite easy to overshoot a corner entry :p.
    And what's the problem with semislicks, do you guys think supercars come with all-season tyres or something? Most of the sportscars these days have Michelin Supersports or Pilot Sport Cup 2 on, and those are very grippy tyres.

Racing_34, gregack and LeDude83 like this.
  15. gregack

gregack Racer

I don't get it why so many people say the 488 understeers. I completely disagree!
    It's way more direct and grippy at the front than the 458. Like all modern road-Ferraris in AC, the 488 is so much fun because it really likes to oversteer in the middle of the corner. You really can play with the throttle without losing speed.
    I don't like those tyres I have to admit. They wear out so easily. 2-3 laps sliding and drifting around and the rubber is finished.

Personally I think most people just go too fast into the corner. It's the same story with the LaFerrari. That thing is ultra-direct and precise but it is no race car and doesn't have that much aero-grip or mechanical-grip.

Dookie, SMOKING__MONKEY3 and LeDude83 like this.
  16. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

+1

that was my impression as well.
    I did give it quite a lot of negative camber on the front though, but this goes for all other road cars as well
    However, it has like 100 more HP then the 458, and a much broader torque band from the turbo engine
    This thing just is a great deal faster then the Italia.

17. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

458 is way easier to control, but 488 is much more of a challenge and throttle control is key imho. So 488 for me. My fav streetcar in AC atm. BUT, my front tyres don't warm up , they cool down actually way too much. So having the fronts @ 20PSI and rears at 30 PSI (way too exaggerated I know)will solve the problem but only for half a lap or so lol.

Any setup tips? There is not much to adjust I know.

Cheers
    Robin

18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Hmm interesting, was wondering what this "hypercar road" is. I stand corrected. Semislicks are road legal, so using them isn't "unrealistic" in road cars but I prefer the street tyres in 458, it's simply more fun to drive

19. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Well, 488 does sub 7min around nords tourist with basically no effort on a stock setup.

20. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Nurburgring Sprint
    Ferrari 488GTB on Hypercar road tires - 1.36.219
    Ferrari 458 Italia on street tires - 1.41.013

Yes 488 understeer A LOT, but you just need to change the way of driving it...
    I'd say it drives like a AWD and not RWD car.

21. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I lapped a partly sloppy 7:02 on RSR. After that I tried to improve on it but I "racked disciprine" and crashed all the time :p That torque is just brutal and really hard to exploit for an idiot like me who refuses to use traction control.