1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

458 italia vs 488 gtb

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rosko, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

@LeDude83 This cars are made to be driven with TC, otherwise they lose their potential.

Slavc likes this.
  2. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I think I'm getting close to the conclusion that Ferrari cars are just nothing interesting. They aren't something that I define as good looking and they aren't fun to drive either. Except the F40 of course, this one is awesome.
    As for the 488 vs 458, I can do some laps in 458 (laps = hotlap/race), but 488 was so frustrating when I tried to do a lap in it around the 'Ring BTG that when I finally did it I just matched my 458 time. 488 is good to do some Chris Harris driving in it.

mistery likes this.
  3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

But it's no fun to drive with TC. :rolleyes:

Traind and djtopa like this.
  4. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

@Schnipp if we speak about fun than yes, but if we speak about best lap time than no =)

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I tend to agree. I usually turn it off because I enjoy a challenge plus in cars with a good performance balance like the GTs or even the 458 I'm faster without. But the 488 has the balance shifted mucho towards engine output. It simply has too much torque for the available traction and good traction control will maximize acceleration better than my right foot...I crashed in at least 5 subsequent BTG laps last time I tried to improve on my time.

6. gregack

gregack Racer

Ferraris not fun? What cars are fun in your opinion? The Mclarens?
    The 488 IS fun :) (sorry for the quality, just took my phone):

Attached Files:

eXo likes this.
  7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Come on it's just my opinion, you sound like you are offended by the fact that I don't like Ferraris like majority of people. They are fun for you and that's great, I accept it and respect your opinion, just do the same and carry on. :)
    Besides, I already said that F40 is awesome and 458 is OK. Oh and 312T is also nice.
    About McLaren, we've been racing the MP4-12C @ Spa yesterday... wasn't super fun either. :p

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. gregack

gregack Racer

No, not offended at all, just surprised. I personally find them way more entertaining to drive than all the other modern roadcars because of their agility.

eXo and V8_KB like this.
  9. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I've found the 488 drives wonderfully. I dont have any understeer issues, quite the opposite. The front end feels very positive and I can drive the car through the corner neutrally with the throttle.

Should note I'm using factory assist options, which might make a difference.

Also, as I've said a few times elsewhere - I really want to see how they compare with the same tires in the game to see how much tires are playing a difference. In real life, they use the same tires so it's a bit frustrating that they're using different ones in AC.

SMOKING__MONKEY3 and TheBoss like this.
  10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Do you have a link to those tracks?

11. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

You'll find them over at RD.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  12. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I like the 488 more than the 458. It feels more accurate. Maybe because it's a recent release.

13. Berry

Berry Alien

I just tested all the modern Ferrari roadcars, and so far what I've noticed is that the LaFerrari and the 488 GTB are very similar, they don't have that much actual understeer, but they have very quick steering racks and are also a bit rear-heavy, so keeping weight on the front wheels is crucial, the problem with these, or at least what I feel is different compared to the 458, is the adjustability through throttle, I can drive the 458 like a guided missile, always put it where I want to, and do controlled skids/drifts at 180km/h, when I compare this to the 488 and LaF, those seem very on/off as far as power transfer goes, I think it's a differential thing, I feel the same thing in the BMW M4 and Corvette Stingray, where I have to keep a higher gear in if I want to use the throttle to adjust the car mid-corner.

SMOKING__MONKEY3 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  14. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I'm starting to warm to it, yes i missed the fact they use different tyres so explains the grip, did some laps on Mugello and started to tame it a bit. But...i am not fast in it at all im taking things 15% more safe.

15. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

I enjoyed the GTB @Barcelona today. It was fun, just had to give it a lot more front camber, maybe 1.5/1.6

16. I think when you consider the fact that the 488 gtb got 100 hp and 220 nm more, combined with the very low turbolag and all that power and torque is available at just about the same rpm level in both cars, it's no wonder the 488 gtb feels slightly more uncontrollable since the weight of the cars is also almost identical.

I tend to find myself a gear higher in almost every corner in the 488 gtb because it has so much available torque from low rpm, but i'm no expert and this is just my two cents.

Schnipp likes this.
  17. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Understeer and oversteer in curves. It goes straight ahead quite good. I wont touch it again.

18. Berry

Berry Alien

Yeah, you have to be really precise to make the most of the car (488 GTB), it's quite rewarding and annoying, however I don't think it's simulated properly, differential settings and chassis balance is way off after I tested a whole day with it.The 458 also has weird differential settings as well, these things immediately break grip and engage "drift mode", very annoying when trying to drive it hard and smooth.I thought it's quite okey when I first tried it, but when comparing it to other cars, it's definitely off.

19. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I love the 488. It's the kind of understeering car you can learn to drive fast because of, not in spite of, the push. The understeer makes the car nice and stable on the limit but you have to short-shift as it has very little high-end shove, trail brake, get on the power early and watch out for oversteer on corner exit. Here is my PB in the 488 at Mugello, still good enough for 15/167 on RSR two months after logging this hotlap.

20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

We're talking about the 488 GTB road car, not the GT3.