1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

458 italia vs 488 gtb

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rosko, Sep 8, 2016.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm moving apartments and in the course of that I cherry-picked my stack of magazines from the last ~ 5 years. Found all my Sport Auto issues, including the one with the 488 GTB test report. Maybe I will write my own little report from AC and then compare it with what the test driver from Sport Auto wrote. I always thought this might be quite interesting :)

Unfortunately, the test didn't include the Nordschleife lap time.

Traind likes this.
  2. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Come to ze darkseid, wir haben Porsches. :p

3. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Ah, ok, sorry.

4. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

488 actually feels understeery to 458 but in fact nothing more than controllable understeer. The understeer is something completely different from what some cars in AC's early days had. It's at least acceptable understeer in game and you can handle it with some throttle trick easily and hence I always get rear tyres hotter than front tyres though.

I love it IMO. It's much more balenced than any of hyper cars while running as fast as the hypers.;)

5. Alanra

Alanra Gamer

Has anyone compared speed to going into corner? Between the two?

I see a lot of confusion often as the speed ramps up by even a few miles an hour, without considering maybe car has just as much grip but maybe arriving faster, thus feels like understeer rather than needing adjustments.

Is this true?

I ask as we all get into habits of driving whether braking points etc, yet do we really take a fresh perspective? Comparing I witness often many stress rather than progress. Compare after not during maybe?

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, with TM V7 Street and Semi-Slick tyres on the 458 and TM V10 Hypercar Road tyres on the 488 currently it's not really possible to compare the cars right now.

But it seems to me that higher speed of the 488 GTB is at least one factor.

Maybe later I'll do some brake tests from 100-0 and 200-0 kph and look how the brake distances compare with stock setups and identical conditions.

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK, already tested the cars.

458 ST
    458 street.jpg

458 SM
    458 semi slick.jpg

488 HR
    488 HR.jpg

So, 100 - 300 the 488 is about 8s faster.
    100 - 0 is the same with 458 SM to 488, at 200 - 0 the 488 has roughly 5m less brake distance as the 458 semi slicks.

So there problem can't be weak brakes as I read somewhere about the 488.

Edit:
    And as maybe a more realistic interpretation:
    I did simulate real track straight for comparing the speeds you roughly reach at a braking point. I made rolling starts on the drag strip, 100kph at 400m and accelerate to 1000m.
    458: 237 kph at 1000m
    488: 251 kph at 1000m

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    LeDude83, Ace Pumpkin and Alanra like this.
  8. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

You could be right but Kunos not only have the data but have driven the 458 on track. So my bet is it is as accurate as their engine with allow them to get it. Not sure if they had a chance to try the 488.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

9. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Could it be that the F458 is better planted on the frontaxle compared to the 488, easing corner-entry rotations that much ?
    At least that´s what my hands thought when last driving them back to back .
    Straights belong to the 488, corners are more 458Italia-territory .