1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A gran turismo styled licence system.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Konstrukt_Gaming, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I think putting more barriers in place for people to access MP isn't really the answer. The online numbers aren't exactly massive so placing more hoops to jump through is just going to limit the numbers even more.

The further development of the rating system is the way forward for me in terms of providing a better MP experience, that and functionality which makes MP better/easier like server favourites, MP car skin support, better car collisions and so on.

LeDude83 and Konstrukt_Gaming like this.
  2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

100 hours, or anything like that - the exact number doe snot matter. You get the basic idea.

Any track or car a player wants to take online, must have been used for at least one hour in SP, driving (not just sitting still in the pit while preparing something in the kitchen). Or a mimimum amount of kilometers driven on/in.

Same for switching off TC and ABS in a given car. The car mjust have been driven without that system in SP for an according minimum of time, then gets "unloicked" for MP.

Why spendign much time in developing licensing systems and training courses. What teaches you to drive is track time, track time, and then more track time. Nothing can compensate for the lack of track time. Want to have better newcomers in MP causing less havoc for others? Then make them log track time in SP before MP gets unlocked for them. Force them to be familiar with both car and track. That way you do not get guarantees for less harm done by them - but you dramatically improve the chances.

3. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Yeah, but everything that can help to make a player a better driver is a step towards competition, if the individual chooses MP for measuring his skill is another Q then.

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

No, it won´t work. How to drive/race in mp beyond "being good" in sp, can only be learned online. Many rookies will still be clueless after x hours of sp. I know what your idea is, but it would be naive to think it would benifit the mp-experience. For simracing purpose, unlocks in gameplay and content is the wrong way. What is a more valid idea, if you want to please those who can´t find please in just getting better at racing, maybe winning a mp race someday, is unlocks like those already there: trophies and career. For AC, trophies are primarely awarded for beating laptimes, they could be expanded to more "arcade" type of trophies, like the ones pCars offers. Not my cup of tea, but if they are there, I wouldn´t notice them, as long as content and modes are not locked in mp. Gods sake, no.
    Drivingschool or trials of some sort, other than those the trophies already presents, would be okay, but not necessary (meaning not in priority for a long time).

What do I know, getting old here. I liked trials 20years ago in GT1 but absolutely hated the licences. Winning races, earning cash and upgrading was fun though, back then. I just don´t think AC is that game.
    We´ll have to see if KS thinks differently when it hits consoles :)

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Keeping people off MP until they complete a number of hours driving/racing offline won't result into quality racing. Because they still don't know the conduct of racing online. People have problems with driving side to side, or people cutting off others in corners and bumping them. They don't know the need to maintain their internal or external line, while the other car is maintaining the opposite line.
    New people to car racing or more specifically to AC, just by reading the section Clean Racing in Minorating website (http://www.minorating.com/Rules), they already know more than a person being prevented to access MP until they race offline for a certain amount of hours.
    Driving offline is just to learn the basics of steering the car and see what it can do. They after you learn to steer the car and know the conduct of fair racing, you can race more safely against people and AI.

I would totally recommend more people to have access to the Clean Racing conduct section from here: http://www.minorating.com/Rules
    Maybe an indication to "How to: Clean Racing" could be linked in the Online section, and then it opens in your browser or steam overlay.

Minolin likes this.
  6. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

i remember after driving like 200.000 kms in GT5 it was a pain in the a$$ to do the licences in gt6, so no please, but a driving school wy not

7. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

No, just hell no. I do not want a GT styled license system with content locked behind different licenses. There is a reason why I avoided GT series because i hated the whole license system and content locking in GT. Why do I need to go through the same rubbish here?

An optional driving school that teaches players cornering techniques, different features on cars(like turbo boost and differential changes), ethics of racing, basic racing techniques and basic car setup would be nice.

8. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

just a simple training center where is working like gt license, no effect to the game, just a part of the game where you can learn more the trak, car and hardest corners

minorating is just cool, need to be an official system to ac

Konstrukt_Gaming likes this.
  9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

We all have seen time and time and again and again those people who enter a MP session in a "complicated" car like the Shelby, and they go stop and go and criss-cross over the full width of the lane, becasue they have not the smallest clue of the car, its their first ride, and you can see it very easily. Or those people who seem to do the first controller-setup checking ever not in SP - but MP, of course. Or the other guys, that pick the fastest cars they can get, and overshoot at every turn coming. Obviously, these people know nothing about the car, the track, the braking points, the apex, and so on. If you do not know such essentials, you cnanot collect race experience, becuse the race ends before halftime first lap. Yours - and that of many others, too.

If people do not have the wits to study a car or track they do not have learned so far in SP first a bit, instead from first second on going into MP and spoiling it for many others , they must be forced to stay away from MP then, until they have logged a minimum time with the car and the track . I do not care whether that hurt their feelings - they are spoiling and ruining the fun for too many others, too frequently.

One hour per track, one hour per car spend in SP first - that is not too much asked for. Not at all. Not by a huge margin. We did hotlapping almost exclusively in the first half year of AC, last year, if you remember. And I recall all too clearly how fast laps and times were flying by.

10. gcflora

gcflora Racer

Well, you have to admit it's a... umm... "novel" business idea

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

It could also be a server option, the guy maintaining and setting up a server can decide whether or not he implements such minimum standards. The server just asks for the ingame statistics logged by the player, and denies access if the minimums have not been met. If this being announced in session description, nobody has any reason to complain about anything. You don't like that server for its access limitations set up? You don't join. You join a server that has not limits? Dont complain about meeting greenhorns not knowing the track or their cars then.

Yes, I think this solution I like best.

I also play TheHunter. In this game, if you set up your own MP session and host it (which is a total breeze to set up, btw, a questions of few seconds), you can define a minimum and maximum Hunter score level that must be met by guests to be allowed in, else, they get blocked from accessing that session. Works like a charm. And nobody is complaining about this system, nobody. You can also protect your session via passwords, or organise access according to friendlists, and can demand regular membership, excluding guests. Again, these features also nobody ever complains about. There are things people complain about in this game - but not these things.

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Everything that prevents people from accessing an online race - no! The intentions are good for sure but the side FX are massive...example: casual driver, wants to go online, has raced Ferarri Italia GT2 in SP mainly. In the server he fancies only BMW GT2 and Evora GTC are available - can't join, will certainly NOT go offline and race for an hour just to maybe even find that now the BMWs are all taken. Might never taste the sweetness and thrill of a good MP race!
    Another example: someone who enjoys a nice wreckfest checks out the most populated servers and unlocks the respective cars offline. Now he can crash like a motherf*cker.

So I doubt there's any benefit in that system. At least it's vgery unpredictable so it's best to leave it alone.

MR is the most promising development, anyways. Once the servers can properly block admins will finally have all they need to organize cleaner racing.

13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I stick with that a server admin is owener of his place, and thus must be free to establish any rules he wants. ;) "My house - my rules. Don't like them? There is the door." Server owners do not owe to players using their invitation, and are not owed by their guests. You accept their invitation - guest that you are you then also accept their rules, or you walk on to find something that suits you more.

Strange. i do that often. Most of the time. Almost always. Becasue choice of race setups in MP is not that attractive.

A question of taste, and certainly too much a missionising attitude shown as if I would like this part.

Believe it or not, most players prefer to play offline, for more different reasons than can be listed.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015