1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC v1.13 update

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by nigave, Mar 22, 2017.

1. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

That is ridiculous! Everybody knows they close the track when it's not 26c and sunny IRL. No real lap times ever have to consider weather as a factor. I can't believe anyone would even try it at 10 degrees. :(

chksix and mantasisg 2 like this.
  2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

By the way, I wanted to point out that Dominguez 787B physics must have been not bad, I wouldn't tell that car feels very much different, but it was quite some time since I played the 787B mod, I think it was more stable, IIRIC.

I'd hate to think that NSX physics are good, because I don't like them :(

Thats something on 1.13 topic, I think :D

xystof likes this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thing is I race in all types of conditions but dont bother to use rsr outside of the pro settings. Its only real use is comparing times in the same conditions as others. I have no interest in changing this to be faster or even do more then laugh at the desperates setting times at 0c purely because they know they cant compete without a big advantage.

Pretty sure in a real track you cant go oh chit need more engine power and get these super softs to work better. Lets turn the thermostat down at the track. :D

AC track limits are much softer, its not hard to do valid laps at nords but you cant be running on the grass everywhere with rsr.

AC_RAF and Mogster like this.
  4. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Not as such, but if you're local you could quite plausbibly choose to go for your PBs on cool, dry days in November assuming the track is open. My WRX makes about 405whp on a dry, 25F night and about 383whp on a 90F, humid summer afternoon. I might not be able to turn down the thermostat in July but I can certainly do my datalogging in January if I want some logs to show off to my buddies as proof I have a 400WHP build. That's basically all they're doing. Kids... :)

None of this is here or there, obviously. People will do what they're gonna do. I guess my point is that IRL I don't believe record lap times are invalidated if the race is run outside a certain temperature window. :p

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

o_O
    The curbs on certain parts of the track, for example after the apex of Schwalbenschwanz, are there for a reason. If they exist I use them. I don't need a stupid app forcing me to compromise my line.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The stupid app is purely a hotlap tool to compare times on the same track, and in some cases the same conditions. AC marks all kerbs as valid track and to go invalid you would need to have no wheels on the actual track and less then 2 on the kerb. So if trying to compare against other laps the idea is to actually use the same track and in most definitions of track limits this means you must keep at least 1 wheel inside the white line indicating track boundary. To get called by RSR you need to be well off the track there so yes if you consider that the proper line you would need to adjust yours to actually stay on the track. In most cases I find RSR at Nords to be softer then in game default penalty and really not an issue at all to stay valid at any part of the track.

Kristaps likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

If that's the case, there has to be something wrong with my system. I always have at least two wheels within the white lines. Otherwise I would not call the lap valid myself.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Maybe check a replay as at times you may not be fully aware until you see your car from outside the track, RSR has only 1 difference vs the official in game app is that it also marks parts of track adding dirt to tyres as invalid. But if you check the surfaces.ini of any track you will see what surfaces are marked valid and whats not, it also shows what is adding dirt. That corner you mentioned being not to familiar with the actual names at Nords I assume its the corner before the small karusel.

Below is the surfaces.ini for nordscheiffe so take note of what is valid track and dirt additive, I dont know if rsr is 2 or 3 tyres allowed out but ingame default penalty is 2 tyres out, the dirt additive invalid will take out surfaces like carpet that in game has valid but RSR will be invalid. Obviously if anyone were to edit this file they would be kicked from a server for missmatch and using RSR would be banned for cheating if the file doesnt match the current kunos version.

Code:
    [SURFACE_0]
    KEY=CRB
    FRICTION=0.95
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=kerb.wav
    WAV_PITCH=1.3
    FF_EFFECT=1
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_1]
    KEY=CARPET
    FRICTION=0.7
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=extraturf.wav
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.1
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_2]
    KEY=CURB
    FRICTION=0.90
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=kerb.wav
    WAV_PITCH=1.0
    FF_EFFECT=1
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0.2
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.4

[SURFACE_3]
    KEY=TRM-NRM
    FRICTION=0.98
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0.0
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_4]
    KEY=CNC-KLN
    FRICTION=0.96
    DAMPING=0.01
    WAV=
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0.5
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=3

[SURFACE_5]
    KEY=CNC-KRS
    FRICTION=0.96
    DAMPING=0.01
    WAV=
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0.4
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=4.5

[SURFACE_6]
    KEY=CONCRETE
    FRICTION=0.85
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_7]
    KEY=PITS
    FRICTION=0.95
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.05
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=1
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_8]
    KEY=CUTKRB
    FRICTION=0.9
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=kerb.wav
    WAV_PITCH=1.2
    FF_EFFECT=1
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=0
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=1.0
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=1.0

[SURFACE_9]
    KEY=PAINT
    FRICTION=0.9
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_10]
    KEY=OUT
    FRICTION=0.9
    DAMPING=0.01
    WAV=
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=0
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_11]
    KEY=ASPH-NURB
    FRICTION=0.98
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_12]
    KEY=PTRMBL
    FRICTION=0.85
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=kerb.wav
    WAV_PITCH=1.3
    FF_EFFECT=1
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=1
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0.25
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.1

[SURFACE_13]
    KEY=3DIMP
    FRICTION=0.85
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=kerb.wav
    WAV_PITCH=1.3
    FF_EFFECT=1
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0.25
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.1

[SURFACE_14]
    KEY=CUTGRA
    FRICTION=0.6
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=grass.wav
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
    IS_VALID_TRACK=0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=10
    SIN_HEIGHT=0.03
    SIN_LENGTH=0.5
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0.2
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.6

[SURFACE_15]
    KEY=3dMISC
    FRICTION=0.6
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=grass.wav
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
    IS_VALID_TRACK=0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    SIN_HEIGHT=0.03
    SIN_LENGTH=0.5
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0.2
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.6

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. esox71

esox71 Alien

Dumb ***!

10. Yeah, people that try to set the fastest possible (without cheating) time on a leader board are such losers.........:rolleyes:

ALB123 likes this.
  11. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

C'mon guys, theres nothing wrong with taking advantage of everything that is at your disposal.
    Thats what they do in F1 too
    If someone uses a cold track to get a good time on RSR or drives many a laps, its not less of an achievement.
    Given that RSR is free, its a great service, and kudos to them for trying to avoid cheating with cutting corners as much as possible.
    I've never used it to post lap times myself, but it i look it up very often to get a reference, a most useful resource.

As this is a also about the v1.13 update, which caught me by surprise, I have to say, that Miata NA is one of the most joyful cars in the game.
    Love how it leans into the corners, and how the engine literally hurts my ears when redlining it.
    After the v1.13.1 update, the aero drag seems to be in order. At least I would suppose the aero drag to be enormous at speed, with the roof down.
    Almost certain the real Miata did not reach 197kph with the roof down, but the manufacturers spec always refer to the roof being closed, so there is nothing wrong with it the way it is presented in AC.

Not referring to this car, but I remember of reading in car reviews of other open top cars, that testers would often not max out the cars and not try to proof the manufacturers numbers even with the roof closed, because the cloth roof would lift from the linkage at high speeds due to the suction of the air passing over it, and making driving very unpleasureable.

ALB123 likes this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Well, the lap times that we talk about here is made online and theres is (as someone else already said) a popular server that run those kinds of temps. I only looked at top3 and they havent made a system where they get good times by lowering the temps, it have been made on a online server where they couldnt decide what temp to use. Their other times on RSR are made with perfectly normal temperatures.

If you only want to get a high place on the board, find and abuse whatever you want. If you want to actually compare how fast you are to others using RSR, there is a pro rank with a ruleset of what to use. Two different ways to hotlap.

AC_RAF likes this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Isn't there a thread about RSR where you could discuss that sort of nonsense? :p ;)

Ernie and liakjim like this.
  14. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I think the general idea of the RSR was same track, same car, same conditions, different driver. I have nothing against a leaderboard that's "rule-free" and laptimes are done in unrealistic conditions but I don't really understand why the pro-rank is not shown as default, because that's the only way to compare drivers instead of conditions..

15. Out of interest and back to the topic:
    It is planned to make the pitcrew also visible during the pit stop with STAY_IN_CAR=1?
    Its not a game breaker for me but a nice to have immersion wise especially if you've use Pitconfig before.
    I still like the new app by Kunos more. Just miss this feature :)

16. S.Cargo

S.Cargo Rookie

Quite late to the party for such a basic comment, but I must say that I totally agree!
    The Miata is a real pleasure to drive :) and makes me regret that I did not buy one back then... (assuming that AC recreation matches the real deal)

shaolin-g likes this.
  17. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

@ S.Cargo I better not mention that I've not even driven the RSR for more then a couple of laps yet:oops:;)

18. Aside from torque which seems somehow too low and the diff which I'm not keen on, its pretty close. The way the car moves on the suspension seems accurate enough at least. Although not enough lift off oversteer imo.

shaolin-g, S.Cargo and mantasisg 2 like this.
  19. Turk

Turk Alien

It's true, that's why there hasn't been a legal race in Ireland for more than 4 years.

aphidgod likes this.
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Nordschleife only races on hot summer days. ;)

Especially at 12:00 and that was at the end of May.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017