1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI and its levels of skill?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

What are you offering when it comes to the above, you having sliders or code masters llike levels...?

Im hoping the AI is going to be challenging and have good race craft, and dont do things like ram you up the back on a slow corner or run out of fuel on the last lap, or have certain corners that are slow for them..

ALso when you upgrade your car (if you can) will the ai do the same to keep balanced?

Backmarker and Patrik Marek like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Community-based racing leagues for all skill levels/platforms Jul 3, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Golden relationship between AI skill and aggression levels ? Apr 15, 2020
    Chit Chat Room ai personalities (differing skill levels) Jan 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Such an informative driving tutorial for all skill levels...skip barber racing school Jan 3, 2015
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] SimHaven - Full GT3 grids for drivers of all levels | Friday 7pm BST Jun 30, 2022
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres More TC & ABS levels for cars May 28, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Problem with grip levels in Race Weekend Dec 29, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Energy levels after racing in ACC Oct 30, 2020
    ACC Physics [1.5.3] Camaro GT4 TC & ABS Levels.. Aug 3, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Version 1.3.8 the option of ABS and TC levels, type of vision of pilot Feb 27, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Too much rain levels [Suggestion] (Can´t post there) Sep 22, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Your opinion on AI levels May 29, 2017
    Console Lounge Traction Control Levels. 1 = Highest? Mar 26, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues TC levels bugged Jan 8, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Grip levels in the Content Manager Dec 22, 2016

3. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

FYI Assetto Corsa is NOT an arcade game !

Cote Dazur likes this.
  4. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Really? Time Attack sure feels like an Arcade game to me as that's excatly what I used to play in the arcades as a kid, remember Out Run? ;)

5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I'm glad I'm not the oldest here :/
    But the issue of AI is important for sure.

6. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

That might be right but there is absolutely nothing arcade about the Physics, FFB, Audio etc etc and thats whats making Assetto Corsa a one of a kind SIM !

Cote Dazur likes this.
  7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

outrun still me fav cargame ever... if only i had the room for the arcade machine... oh one can dream,, remeber it on my C64 hhmm not quite the same..
    Anyway i dont want AC to be anywhere near an arcade game had enuf of them in my xbox days.. the sole reason i went to pc racing... I adore the race series and although the ai arent perfect, they are the best around if AC is anything near that ill be pleased, i hope for better vo not equal.

8. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

There is nothing arcade about high quality artificial intelligence which is challenging to the driver and has good race craft as the OP suggests.

I believe Assetto Corsa will reach out to a wide range of fans and the very hardcore are going to have to deal with features they may associate with some console titles. As long as all get catered for then all will be fine :)

Patrik Marek likes this.
  9. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Pulley likes this.
  10. Chanur

Chanur Rookie

In my modest opinion :eek: (44 years old) AC probably change the view of BIG studios like Bugymasters:p how small studios make money and move the community a lot only with state of the art physics,graphics and good ideas like apps and OPEN yes OPEN program with the same weapons the devs have(do you hear me Codis)...:( to a brilliant community of fantastic modders...

(sorry for my bad english)...

Gracias y que tengais un buen dia...:rolleyes:

11. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

First, wrong out run. Second, out run rulz. Now with a proper wheel it is even better :)
    3rd time attack does exist as well as drifting.

Now like i said, Out Run rulz :p

On a serious note, how can drift, time attack or even assists make a game arcade is beyond me.

Its like saying a real sim only has formula cars...

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk

Patrik Marek likes this.
  12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i dont care if it has a time attack mode, as long as it has proper race season...(points/qualy/race calendar etc). Than just a silly career like forza where you have 3 laps to push to the front.

Patrik Marek and Gisli A Bogason like this.
  13. AI is going to be awesome... check this out... two AI cars battling!

14. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

I know

My expectations have NEVER been this HUGE !

Looks absolutely magic !

Cote Dazur likes this.
  15. Chanur

Chanur Rookie

And in Alpha stage ¡¡

grrr F1...KERS...DRS...ñam ñam...:)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  16. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

looking at the program files the one for race is set at AI=98 so i assume there will be 100 levels of ai, and a slider

17. Roby

Roby Racer

My god!!!
    Never seen a similar AI in a race sim!!!
    Its a very old video and steps beyond have surely been made.
    Maybe AI implementation isnt far away :D

18. plaid

plaid Alien

Im not the biggest racing-sim-enthusiast, regarding training and master every Inch of a track, so I hope for a good AI.
    The Problem is often that they are either too passive (follow the the line without any "real" action to win and to smaller or bigger failures) or they make horrible attempts, in which they ram you or let you spin around.
    I think that simply relies often, in that they just try it if you are far too slow and then without a clue which parts of the specific track are good for that and which notor better: the overall situation/moment. I wouldnt hang my too hopes high, because that would probaly really need an "intelligent" or at least extreme complexe AI which is normaly lacking in racing-games Virtua Fighters AI kicked my *** on higher Levels, but there the situations are binary, so if X then Y (or Z).

Suggestion: 2 Settings. 1 for the skill/speed and 1 for the aggressiveness. Some like a civil AI, which doesnt causes frustration others (me for example) prefer a more aggressive one, that maybe can bring you off the road, but actually bring tention.

19. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

If you're not a big Sim racing enthusiast, Shouldn't you want really bad AI drivers then ? :D

You are really just describing two typical arcade racers here: Gran Turismo and Need for Speed.

Assetto Corsa is a real Sim and I am totally confident that Kunos won't make sloppy AI drivers.

On the contrary the AI ( so far ) looks just as good as the rest of this awesome sim racer ! Kunos Quality

With other words Top Notch in every aspect

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
    Cote Dazur and Chanur like this.
  20. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I dont think Kunos can archieve a better KI then other studios. The devs of arcade racer arent dumb like most of gamers think, but they got some pretendings like to be ready at time x or archive this level... So they cant archive better KIs atm.
    The power of our computers is just too low too or something like that, when we want really great KI.

21. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

I think by KI you mean AI ?

Just looking at some old vids where just the AI racing against each others had me convinced that the AI in this Sim is the best I have ever seen and I have played them all, believe me !

This Vid is well over a year old

Enjoy true AI drivers !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.