1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ALOOG 1 - Public Server - MR[A] - Planning & Chat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andy-R, Jun 26, 2015.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So why don't you use 6th gear?!? Economy gear? ;-) Wouldn't mind one gear less when H-shifting.
    I switched to mediums, too at some point but I couldn't adapt properly, anymore. I knew they were faster but still I couldn't go faster than before. I was also running with the default downforce which is probably not ideal at Monza. I guess I could have gone down to constant 1:43s with some changes + practice with that grip level. Maybe you can leave the combo up for a bit longer...like three days or so for people to get the chance to get some practice.

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

can do mate, im not racing tonight but im happy to leave or change. up to you guys.

for 1 I have always prefered 5 gears to 6 :D it makes it easier to get the power down and I think when I ran with a ghost and tested gearing it was faster as well. I hate the dtm cars for their close ,6speed gear box, spend more time changing gear than accelerating :p

Leemstradamus likes this.
  3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Actually I was faster ~0,5s with default wings (1.53.5xx) than with 0-4. But Jos was using 0-4 and he had very similar lap times so it's probably down to the driver and practice. I think I only did one or two races yesterday. BTW sorry for leaving just before the race started but again problems with the internet.
    Yes please. :)

Andy-R and LeDude83 like this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

What now then Andy? People want the server up for a couple of days, it's your baby. :)

Andy-R likes this.
  5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

yep I think so Horus, we can leave it for today.

and no no, its our baby. I know you dont like me talking about it in public. we can take it in turns to wap feed it :D your doing the nappies though fella

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Leemstradamus and Horus like this.
  6. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

That's usually left to me :(

Andy-R and Horus like this.
  7. I generally only use 5 gears in the Ferrari 458 GT2.

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I normally use ctrl alt delete if 1 of those cars appear on my screen :D

I was using 0-4 so I guess it is down to preference at 93% grip, for most of us that arent right near the limit anyway.

9. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

For the record...I was running 6-8 on meds so it's very personal indeed :)

Andy-R likes this.
  10. What kind of meds are we talking about here? Tranquillisers? Amphetamines? Psychotic drugs? :p

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I was also confused when yesterday the chat window suddenly was full of messages like "Guys, I'm a lot faster on meds!", "Yeah, I also switched to meds and it's way better.", "Whoa, meds gain me like 2 seconds!".

Andy-R likes this.
  12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

It must be methamphetamine (speed) they're on :D

Leemstradamus and Andy-R like this.
  13. On a side note.....why would medium tyres be faster than soft tyres? Is it because they act a bit like increasing the tyre pressures when compared to softs, and this has a noticeable effect on fast tracks like Monza?

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I have no f*cking clue. But I do have some glue and sometimes I sniff it and it makes me faster.
    However, would be nice to shed some light on this. It might just be a matter of practice because softs stick for longer and loose grip more harshly. Personally, I struggle with that. I remember improving my lap times with softs by around 0.5 s at Spa after lots of practice.

15. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

All of them :) I'm Dutch :D

Leemstradamus, Andy-R, V8_KB and 2 others like this.
  16. Hany

Hany Alien

I used 2-6 wing with medium tires. Default gearing and more negative camber all around.

17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Would be a great server, but needs to have tyre wear & damage ON. Especially tyre wear is important, it's a sim and it loses some if it's appeal, when you can lock the brakes without consequences.

LeDude83 and Christopher Low like this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

True, but isn't it damage you're looking for? Flat spotting is possible when damage is turned on, I believe and this server has some damage, right?

Andy-R likes this.
  19. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Tyre wear rate is set to 100%
    Damage ATM is 15%.

Andy-R likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

maybe we arent getting enough heat in the softs on 93% grip?

and yeah, tyre wear is on 100% and flat spots are governed by damage %

Horus and bigbawmcgraw like this.