1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Always spinning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by guerra, Oct 2, 2015.

1. guerra

guerra Racer

i really can not handle cars in this game. i know you will say practise practise practise but no use of practising without proper instructions and setups.
    i usually spin at the exit of corners. i always have to drive very slow to avoid this but this time they beat me very very easily. i don't apply full throttle during the corner exits. i am using g-27 btw.
    need some advises

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake always on slightly. Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 buttons always on Sep 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions AI driver always DSQ Jun 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashes ALWAYS in VR [system instability] Jun 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Always Disconnected? Feb 26, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AM Vantage V8, car jacks always out Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Interior rear camera screen always off [Mirrors disabled] Sep 17, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crash always with Hungaroring Line 3168 [.pak signature mismatch] Apr 8, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Can drivers select a Class manually (eg AM, PRO etc) for a Server or is it always automatic? Apr 6, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Dinamic weather works but resolves always to rain Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Always CPU >99% after upgrade to i7 10700K Feb 16, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Throttle/brake always active problem resolve guide. Dec 13, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer "teamName" property is always null in result files Nov 13, 2020
    ACC User Interface in replay clutch bar always active Nov 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Competition Servers always full Nov 3, 2020

3. Cote Dazur and Horus like this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

As above, this is not an Codemasters or EA game. Assetto Corsa bites and you have to learn to handle the cars. Stick to it and you will excel, also a lot of things will change next week after the update. So keep your chin up and keep practicing, you will reap what you sow. :)

Nick Moxley likes this.
  5. Hans Meier

Hans Meier Racer

Proper Wheelsettings can change your Life ;) When i gave my settings to a Friend he was 10 seconds faster on his first Lap with this settings around the Nordschleife. It improved his Driving pretty much.

6. guerra

guerra Racer

what's gonna happen with new update? i have had this game since it was beta or someting. but played hours just 30-40 . because of this

7. TDS

TDS Alien

give it more time u will not regret!

8. If you are struggling to get around the track now there really isn't anything in the update that is going to magically make you into Mario Andretti. (Actually, I hear that the cars will be a tab more difficult to drive when the tires are cold)

If you are doing the things that rookies typically do then you are likely entering the corners far too fast while frantically trying to lay on the brakes as hard as possible and then when you abruptly lift off the brakes and floor the gas there will be several physical forces at odds with each other and the end result is that you are suddenly facing backwards.

Load up one of the cars that I mentioned and drive it like it belongs to your father in law and he is sitting next to you. Once you get to where you know the track (and magione is nice and small so it is easy to memorize the layout) and can make several laps in a row without going off or spinning out, that is when you will be ready to start learning how to actually go fast. But for now you need to crawl before you can walk, so practice practice practice and then practice some more, but remember, don't mess up your father in laws car!

mESCx, Tim Meuris, Andy-R and 6 others like this.
  9. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

Yes, good FFB settings, practice and some proper changes in setup can help you too. I am not setup guru but these things can help:
    -more rear diff coast
    -more rear toe
    -more negative rear camber
    -more rear aero
    -less rear tyre pressure ( depends on track temperature and grip value)
    -and proper suspension settings can help a lot too
    for example - less rear packer rate, but depends on another settings of suspension
    - very low rear car height can cause oversteering too...
    -and so on...

10. It may be helpful to start with one car and talk about that one, mainly because - both driving wise and at a setup level - things that work eg. in a Toyota GT86 are quite different from the ones you'll need in a Formula1 car.
    As a rule of thumbs: the fastest possible speed to carry into a turn is the one that allows you to comfortably get the apex. Overshooting that speed makes you loose time. Your braking before the turn should only get you to that needed speed without unsetting the car, no more no less. At for turn exit, the best possible acceleration comes when you use the engine torque, not its power (in most cases you will find that using an upper gear than usual will make your lap faster because of less rear tyres spin, less gear shifts and better use of tyres). Exceptions are F1 cars: their engine is made to be used at high revs, and generally speaking you will be faster like that.
    Setup should come into play after you are pretty confident that the things you do as a driver are roughly ok. But as said before: I would start with one particular car and see if a progress can be made.
    This will be lots of fun, pretty sure! Good luck :)

11. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Could it be that you're dropping too many gears? For each corner that you're struggling with try staying in one gear higher to see if this gives you a bit more stability.

And remember, slow in fast out.

Octane likes this.
  12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

start with Optimum surface, Tyre Blankets and higher temperature ... also pick some easy to drive cars (GT3 for example, or something slower, maybe try race version of Lotuses or formula Abarth) .. than try to imagine what is going on with car as you are applying forces on it .. if you slowing down and turning at the same time (and you are not particulary good in trailbraking) your rear tyres, specialy inside one, don`t have lot of traction as mass of a car is transfering to the front (and side if you are turning), than it could easily lockup, or just snap .. for start try to brake only in straight line before turn, coast to apex and than go easy, progressively on throttle as exiting corner ... as you will be doing more and more laps, your braking distance will shorten and you will be able to apply more and more throttle on exit .. minimize streering inputs and try to feel the conection between throttle pedal and steering wheel ...
    Also set you FOV correctly as it could easily confuse your perception of speed, check what speed are you trying to carry through corner ...

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Telling us which cars you're trying to drive would be helpful.

St3fan likes this.
  14. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

If you are spinning on corner exits, either you are probably doing something horribly wrong or you are getting on the throttle too hard too early. I am pretty sure you are the one who made the thread about the Sauber C9, and IMO that is the hardest car in the game to drive as far as spinning on exit. Start with the easier to drive cars, and when you are comfortable with those move on to the more difficult ones. If you start off trying to drive the hardest cars you won't get anywhere. For spinning on exit the ones that come to mind as the hardest are the f40, cobra, RUF (not that bad with no boost), C9, and the Lotus 98t and Exos (in no particular order). Start with the easiest cars like the Fiat 500 and it's competitors, then move up to bmws, then lotuses, and so on. At only 40 hours I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle any of those cars.

Ace Pumpkin and Nick Moxley like this.
  15. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

what is your steering ratio set at?

16. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

If you get frustrating you maybe should start with traction and stability control in the beginning to prevent spinning. After being more and more compfortable you can try without them. If you really want to drive the sauber c9 Start with 0% Turbo.

17. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

I DO NOT suggest the C9 as a car to learn on. Sorry to say but thats a Horrible suggestion for a new guy who's struggling....Also stability control is questionable in how it reacts....Stefano even claimed it to be a bit wonky and not proper.

RedLoto likes this.
  18. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

use a street low power rwd car to start and be sure you get 60+fps to avoid imput lag

Mogster and Nick Moxley like this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Do u even have a license and an idea of driving IRL? Sorry man but AC isn't hard to handle. Do u try LaFerrari & the lot on the Nordschleife or what? Use a basic car on a short track and practise, practise, practise.

Nick Moxley likes this.
  20. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

21. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I would never suggest that, i read in this Thread, that He drove the c9 ^^ and stbility control DEFINITELY helps to prevent the car spinning completely! When i startet to learn drifting, i always had 30% Stab control. It was helping alot.