1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Always spinning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by guerra, Oct 2, 2015.

1. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

I was able to get it to spin at even slower speeds at optimum grip. It is a very small skid, the only challenging part was not reflexively correcting.

2. guerra

guerra Racer

this is 180 degrees different from other's statements. i try not to be idiot but spin immediately, like the car in enemy of me. here is my g27 settings

[​IMG]

3. guerra

guerra Racer

is that happens to you? no input just throttle

4. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

i watched your Videos. you just need to practice. If the car is loosing grip and you do nothing against it, then the cars spins. pretty normal. :D Do not just watch your Wheel, countersteer ^^ (you must react quickly enough) Do not search the mistake you are making in your hard- and Software.
    And which real racedriver would fullthrottle a sauber c9 with its powerful machine AND Turbo to accelerate from 0? :DDD Ist like jumping out of a plane without a parachute.

Vibe Style, LeDude83 and Nick Moxley like this.
  5. I'm starting to think we are getting trolled.

6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Of course it happens to everyone. You can't just slam the throttle in a car that has couple hundreds HP.
    You can't use throttle (or brake) like a keyboard button that is either 0 or 1, you need to be gentle with it and find the spot when the car starts to lose traction / when the wheels are locking up.

I'll say the same thing as other guys.
    Start with a low HP car, like E30 or GT86 on Magione. Keep up with that combo for couple days, I know it sounds boring, but once you learn the basics it will be easier to switch to more demanding cars. The C9 is right at the end of the friendly to drive cars list.
    Magione is short so it's easy to remember the layout, which is important at the beginning so you won't have to learn two things at once.

Practice is the key.

7. guerra

guerra Racer

i am not trolling, i also have pcars, and i close the aids and i don't see that severe control problems. yes i know you don't say it is not a sim as much as ac.
    the reason i put c9 video is to make sure the problem is not because of my wheel/pedal settings.
    i will try to make more practise and try to avoid old fashion speed beasts like c9. thank you.
    but i think.. this game was easier before, i could make good laps before the latest updates. may be it is just a placebo anyway..

8. illko

illko Gamer

Try turning your centering spring strength to 0 and your brake gamma to 1.9/2.4. And make sure temperature is 26 degrees and optimum track conditions.

But i have to say the driving you show in these videos and knowledge of the cars you drive are seriously lacking......if you don't know you can't full throttle most cars from standing position (especially the c9!!!!!!!!!!) you've got a lot to learn my friend!

If you're really interested in properly driving a car in this game, i dare you to choose a car and track suggested to you in the above comments and
    Look up some review videos about the car you chose and maybe some Assetto laps of this combo which are easy to find on YouTube. Study their throttle and brake inputs and Then drive 100/200 km with this combo and post your fastest lap here......

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

pCars has quite forgiving driving models .. you should try rF2 on nonrubbered track to see that AC accually isn`t that hard to drive (and yes it was easier before) :)

kofotsjanne, LeDude83 and Nick Moxley like this.
  10. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Just because you turned the Aids Off in Pcars, Does Not mean they are actually OFF......Pcars has hidden aids in the Physics which make it easier to drive, There's no question there. sorry but LOL @ last C9 video, your Not helping your cause.

Curious How old are you ? Do you have a License ?

demetri and LeDude83 like this.
  11. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

With a sim like this you often have to apply the throttle and brake pedals and steering smooth and accurately.. and brake in time since you often go much faster than you think. Soften tire pressures by 3 or 4 psi from the default setup can also help with better grip at lower speeds.

12. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

OMG are you fooling us or just trolling?

Nick Moxley likes this.
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Maybe that is all there is to it, check in your assetto_corsa .ini file and verify your placebo effect is set to 27%, it was added with 1.2.4, it might explain why you find PCars different to drive than AC. Some driver prefer PCars there is nothing wrong with that either.
    Placebo might affect you more than most, good luck, I have the feeling you might need it.

Nick Moxley likes this.
  14. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Ok, here´s a very short and simple explanation of grip. The amount of aviable grip/friction is physically defined by two things. First it´s the normal force that is applied between the pair of materials. In a car this means the car´s weight, downforce / lift, and weight/force distribution. The other thing is the friction factor. This defines how much grip can be achieved between the tyre´s rubber and the asphalt depending on the normal force. This factor is basing on the tyre compound, tyre wear, temperatures etc.
    So you finally get the amount of grip that is aviable for you in a certain situation, which you can use for either acceleration / deceleration, or for side forces while turning. The square root of the sum of longitudinal and lateral forces needs to be lower than the aviable grip. This is describes in the friction circle:
    [​IMG]

The next important thing is that zero throttle is far from zero longitudinal forces. An engine can have up to about 60% of it´s power output as friction loss. So even in the small Abarth 500 your engine will brake with considerable force when you lift your foot of the throttle, I´d estimate about 20kW or something like that. That is the total friction force of the engine minus the combustion power output with the lowest possible power setting (closed throttle, eventually even cyclinder deactivation). So when you lift your foot off the throttle completely, you will lose quite a big part of lateral grip, that you´d need for cornering.
    Now for lift off oversteer you get another negative factor, and that is weight distribution. As the cars vertical center of gravity is above the road surface, the weight distributes way forward when you lift the throttle completely. This means that your aviable grip on the rear axle is again reduced by huge amount.
    There are cars that are very affine to those phenoma, like the MP4 12C GT3, and others, which are quite immune to it (GT86 might be quite ok with it).

As advice, I´d use a car like the GT86, which is very driver friendly, and try to drive it, first save, and than improving the pace in hotlap mode. I´d leave my hands off multiplayer, as unexperienced drivers really destroy the game for the people who can keep the car on track. I have close to 500 hours in AC, and still rarely use multiplayer as not to frustrate other drivers, as my pace is quite a bit off with full grip settings and stuff that is mainly used in MP.
    Use the traction control, it´s an aid that is very usefull in racing. And it´s way easier to drive when using the right foot only for braking, as you don´t get confused when you do throttle blips and stuff like that.

Edit: I know that this is not the full vehicle physics, and I might have missed or deliberately not mentioned parts of it, I just wanted to show what you need to think about every time you enter a corner.

Ace Pumpkin and Blamer like this.
  15. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I think judging from the way to drive, you should also have problems with a number of PCars cars (with no assists) though, such as road RUFs, Ariel Atom, Audi R18, and Formula A.

The 2 corners you've shown at Imola are not easy as they appear to be.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  16. JLV

JLV Gamer

Try now with the V 1.3
    It's seems so much easier to drive :O
    McLaren MP4-12C and Lotus 2 eleven for exemple are very easy on brake (much better stability) and less less oversteer overall.