1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Always spinning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by guerra, Oct 2, 2015.

1. guerra

guerra Racer

i set my g27 wheel according to car's wheel angle (is it correct or not?), i observe the wheel animations and try to sync
    i really love sauber c9 but this is not the only car i drove, i try from mercedes 190 to bmw z4. for instance, i see nobody spinning but me in multiplayer servers.

2. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

You can set the wheel for every car but you need to set the same amount in the profiler and in game. You are good if you let both settings on 900. There is no need to change it. Are you driving with or without driving Aids?

3. guerra

guerra Racer

i just use abs is on, i used to use tc and stability on but in mp servers these are alwasy disabled so i decided to leave them

dermonty likes this.
  4. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Could you perhaps upload a replay of one of your practise laps? It's easier for us to see what you might be doing wrong.

5. guerra

guerra Racer

ok i will do it asap

dermonty likes this.
  6. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

EDIT: my comment Made no sense xd

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Set it to 900 in logitech profiler and you are good to go. It will change ratio ingame depending on which car you drive.

Dont forget to use "allow game to adjust settings" in the profiler aswell, i think thats needed because of the steering on different cars.

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i'd say err on the safer side of caution, make sure you are always in control of the car even if that means you have to slow down a bit at first. atleast 75% of the people you see online push too hard, they are too late on the brakes into almost every corner and cant get the thing turned in. braking a bit too early or getting on the throttle a bit too late wont cost you very much time but switching the 2 words in bold around can really mess your race up :p

if you are getting the oversteer you mentioned on corner exit in some of the road cars you are probably applying too much throttle whilst you are still turning the wheel, be patient, point and squirt o_O

it seems like some of the inexperienced players think that aggressive super quick inputs are the order of the day where smooth subtle inputs are far more effective.
    i've lost count of the amount of times i have been in a race with 1 other player online, they're pushing far too hard and crash out, you drive around coasting and barely applying more than 50% throttle waiting for them to catch up and they shoot off track every corner and cant catch you on your leisurely sunday drive :D

Blamer and LeDude83 like this.
  9. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

It´s depends on server settings and car itself. You can set level of ABS and TC in MP with: ctrl+a and ctrl+t

10. St3fan

St3fan Alien

If you are spinning out in every single RWD car you have tried in this game and find it hard to enjoy AC, I would recommend starting from GT86 with ABS enabled.

11. guerra

guerra Racer

i have uploaded a video about the problem. as you will see in the video; my car goes out of control even witohut pressing any pedals, no brake no throttle no extreme wheel input...

12. The biggest issue is that your steering wheel is turned to the left the entire time, even after you are parked in the wall the wheel is still turned to the left. As soon as the back of the car starts to break loose you needed to counter steer a bit to catch it; keep in mind that even though it feels like you are going slow, you are making a right hand turn at the same speed that is the limit on the highways here in America. (87 kph at turn in which is 55ish mph)

Mogster likes this.
  13. It does seem odd. Shouldn't really spin when there is no throttle or brake input at such low speed. You don't have the handbrake on or anything do you?

I'm not familiar with that car though.

14. guerra

guerra Racer

no hand brake sir. it is alfa romeo 155. but i also get this problem even with abarth 500 at very very low speeds

15. Turk

Turk Alien

Is this not a classic case of lift off oversteer?

This phenomena used to drive me nuts before I knew about it. You would think coming off the accelerator would stop the car over steering, but that's not the case. Lifting off the accelerator sends all the weight forward reducing the traction of the rear of the car, causing a slide.

Watch this video, it helped me a lot.

Fly Low likes this.
  16. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Learn to react countersteering when car starts losing rear.
    Stiffen front anti-roll bar and soften the rear one.

17. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

What session settings do you use? From video it´s look like track surface on "old" + very low ambient temperature too. I know that you know what is good session settings but I can´t help myself. It´s really look like bad settings. Try optimum track surface and some high temperature (30 C).
    And I remember after 1.2.2 update , I load some old setup (not bad) for alfa 155 and +/- same oversteering things happen to me. Because there was some correction on 155 with 1.2.2 update so make sure that you don´t use old setup from "before 1.2.2".

18. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

that 100% appears to be lift off over steer, The Spin starts the second you lift from that little blip of throttle Just @ the apex or slightly before the apex @ exactly 88km/h

20$ says if you bleed 10% throttle in that situation it wouldn't have spun.

19. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

It is normal for a car to start to slide a little bit if you go just a little bit too fast or turn the wheel a little bit too much/too quickly, among other things. The problem here as others have pointed out is that you did nothing to correct the mistake. In some cars (especially 4wd ones like the alpha) constantly applying at least a little bit of throttle whenever you aren't on the brakes will give more grip. It matters in all cars but in some it matters much more than others. You also want to keep in mind the weight shift between front and rear. Sometimes not applying enough throttle makes you lose grip because you don't have as much weight on the rears as you should.

20. Fly Low

Fly Low Gamer

What i think im seeing here off throttle oversteer combined with just before you get to the apex you apply more steering to try to get to the curb and keep turning at the same angle while after apex you usually should be coming off the steering wheel and on to the throttle evenly(aim the car for the runoff curbing on the outside). Also staying off of the throttle is not good in a 4 wheel drive car , the engine brake effect is basically applying a brake force to your front tires its almost like applying the brakes mid corner. For awd cars to have the advantage over 2wd cars you need to be on throttle as much as possible not necessarily floored but on throttle with all 4 pulling. I would recommend using something like the ktm as it has enough power+rwd, no aero and visible suspension so you can see if you abruptly upset the suspension. I would also say don't use tc or stability as it may mask errors and may hinder corrections abs is fine . Also counter steer into a slide like in this situation when the rear steps out you should be turning right to where your front wheels are pointing in the direction the car should be heading, but as soon as you see or feel the rear stop trying to come around you will have to start centering the wheel back up otherwise the rear will snap back and your front wheels will be pointing to the right and slingshot the rear the other direction very quickly. Turks video while long is full of the basics for great driving.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015