1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Always spinning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by guerra, Oct 2, 2015.

1. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

that is a strange spin, are you sure you are getting Force Feedback in your g27?

2. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

I tried to replicate the video to help see what caused it and if there was anything strange going on, and it might look strange in the video but it didn't seem odd when actually driving. The only thing that was odd is that he took no corrective action at all. A very slight loss of grip like what is in the video is easy to recover from in that car.

ekosan and RedLoto like this.
  3. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Thanks for posting that vid. As others have mentioned, classic example of lift-off oversteer + no counter steering.
    When you start sliding you want the front wheels to point in the direction you want to go. In this case to the right. It's easy to learn this. Get the M3 E92 on the drift track with no TC and just start driving. Whenever you feek the car slide, "catch" the slide by steering into the other direction. The amount of steering input required is dependant of your slide, speed, etc. Practise makes perfect.

If you want to master lift-off oversteer, get the Elise on track. Brake before the corner and apply a little throttle to power you through the turn. Then, mid-corner, lift off the throttle and catch that slide again.

Good luck!

Since the racing groove is well visible your track settings are fine (near optimum).

4. guerra

guerra Racer

if i continue to apply throttle, i can not make to turn correctly, if i apply brake, wheels lock up.

yesterday, i apply throttle some cars like bmw z4, mazda 787b etc on the straight road from 0 kmh speed, all of them went out of control immediately

5. NightEye

NightEye Alien

In these kind of spins, only apply throttle or brake if you know that's gonna work. If not, only counter steer and don't touch the pedals.

If I had some more time on my hands I'd do an online training session with you to see and learn. Perhaps anyone else is up for that? We've got a great community so who knows :)

6. guerra

guerra Racer

could you make a short video with alfa155 on last two turns of imola (start of hotlap imola) both external and internal view? so that i can see the differecnces

7. The Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6 really isn't unstable enough to cause what I am seeing in that video. It doesn't look like he is moving all that quickly when the car spins.

8. guerra

guerra Racer

now another disaster video with abarth. this time throttle and contra steer exist but it slides like butter.

9. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

Here's how i take it

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  10. guerra

guerra Racer

looks perfect, you entered to turn at 100 kph which is more than mine, and you applied much more steering to left but you recovered very easly

11. guerra

guerra Racer

this is another video, high speed then little brake and the result = spin

12. NightEye

NightEye Alien

With the default setup the 155 easily spins when braking. Counter steer quicker, as it looks as if your reactions are quite slow.

Also, I just tried with cold tyres, cold weather and green track and I don't spin. Lift-off oversteer is easy to catch in the 155.

So I'm not sure what's wrong here.. Possibly your reactions are too slow. Possibly something else.

13. ekosan

ekosan Racer

I think that you are allowing your engine to bog down. Keep the revs up.

14. The problem is not related to pedals at all.. it's the steer.. too slow to react, not enough lock when reacting.

Eero and jaz00k like this.
  15. Honestly, i'd forget the Alfa 155 right now, i find its not as intuitive to drive as most other rwd cars.

I'd start with maybe the E30 M3 or GT86, and just get a feel for when the rear breaks loose, how much steering angle it takes to correct it, etc. As mentioned, you need to get a good feel to the limit of grip, and react much quicker to compensate. The cars i mentioned don't have too much power, so you wont be afraid of the throttle but are able to oversteer very well.

Also, maybe its just me but try a different track, i cant stand Imola! I find one of the small Silverstone's to be great for practicing, National is a very simple layout, maybe try that.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Regarding the original topic and the topic starter:

the cars have undergone very substantial changes in physics the past year or so. Cars that I originally enjoyed to drive, now are extremely difficult for me to drive fast, that is true for the sport cars and faster BMW street cars, also many of the Lotus. (Whats the plural of Lotus? Lotussis? :) )Especially the M1 and M3E92 I have lost. If you want to learn by moving from easier cars to difficult, pick a GT3 car first, and start with TC set to high (low number) and ABS always on. Then reduce TC. The GT3 cars are very easy to drive without spinning, they have an insane amount of grip, like they should.

If you feel comfortable, then go to the slow street cars, the Abarth 500, the Toyota and the like. Get practice with handling these without spinning, which is not too difficult :): the problem with these lies in maintaining the swing and momentum when braking for a turn, or better moving through a turn, else you need to accelerate from too low revs and get left behind by the others. If needed, do with TC like before: use it, and then reduce it.

Never ever make a fetish of driving without any TC at all. Especially when you drive MP. Switch ABS and TC to factory, then the systems are available to you when the original cars have them, and they are unavailable to you, if the cars do not have them in reality. If you cannot reliably handle a car without TC, you are just a rolling annoyance for all other MP players in your session. Practice, if you need - but not in MP, but alone, in SP. ABS is most often used by almost all series allowing it, there is no argument in demanding it being switched off.

Then there are the sports cars and fast limousines, things like the Huayra, or the various BMWs, which i loved before, and now hate to drive, since they have been turned into tail-happy pirouette princesses. Leave these for last, or second last, to be precise. Brake in a straight line before a turn and have your target speed for the turn reached before you start to turn the wheel, brake in a straight line. If you do not know how to reliably and competently drift, you must drive these cars at surprisingly low speeds in turns, at least the speed appears to be low in your perception. One likes it, or one does not.When you become better with threse cars, you can move to braking while turning - the secret lies in applying softer brake, gentle brake, over longer time. It works, but you need to be subtle. Kick-pedal braking in a BMW M1 or M3E92, usually is not too good an idea, the spin very easily.

The open wheelers need quicker, faster reaction, every actions takes shorter time, and so your senses need to be sharp. Usually they offer more than just fair ammounts of grip.

Things like the RUF and F40, the C9 and the old "touring cars", I would save until last, these are by far the most difficult cars to drive in AC. The touring cars I do not like at all in AC, I must admit, their behavior does not convince me, I think other sims handle these better. But to say that about AC cars really is an exception from the rule. Usually the illusion AC gives you for any car, is extremely good.

P.S. Note that in options there is a stability parameter. Switch it to 50%, and then reduce it, like TC. It is a fictional setting, as far as I know, so realistic would be to have it at 0, or close to it. Aim at having it below 20 or 15%, and finally: 0. In past versions of AC, this setting used to have a great influence on spinning, I have not tested it since longer time, however, don't know how it is now, with the new physics and tires.

Blamer, St3fan and ouvert like this.
  17. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

The second you quickly lift off the throttle the car starts its spin......I Agree with other's, Your counter steering reaction appears to be on the slow side and lacking some lock, Counter steer More degrees in those moments.

18. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

I wasn't sure about your first video since other things can produce a very similar result in that turn in the Alpha, but this one is definitely LOO. The cause is that after slowing down for the turn you got back on the throttle as you approached the apex, but as you reached it you let off of the throttle causing you to spin. Pay close attention to the pedal inputs in Eero's video. Once he starts to get back on the throttle he doesn't let off of it until he reaches the next turn. He was able to go faster than you through the turn because he entered it from closer to the edge of the track, so it was effectively a wider turn for him. You entered from closer to the middle so you had to turn tighter. You should work on taking the proper line before trying to get as much speed as possible through the turn, because you won't be able to do it with the wrong line. You did counter steer, but you were late doing it and didn't do it enough.

The Alpha 155 isn't the most stable car under braking, and Imola is (IMO) the hardest track to brake on. I am not entirely sure what about the car causes it, but the 155 starts turning under braking and you have to correct for it. You did try to but you over-corrected causing the car to go flying the other way into a spin that is pretty much impossible to recover from. If you are still counter steering when the car gets straight, you will just cause it to snap the other way. The lower the angle your car is sliding the less you need to counter steer. So as the car straightens out you want to straighten your wheel. Doing it properly and getting used to the correct angles takes practice, but it is easier with the slower cars. The GT86 is pretty easy to start spinning with weight transfer under braking, but it is also easy to control and correct slides in. I agree with the suggestion to start there.

That might be because it isn't RWD.

NightEye likes this.
  19. Yeah I should have worded it better, I meant its not as intuitive as any of the RWD cars.

20. illko

illko Gamer

Allthough i agree with others that your steering inputs seem to be wrong or atleast strange, i also agree with Christopher low.... I tried everything to spin out with your speed in that corner (green track or lower, 13 degrees, all assists off, idiotic stearing and breaking inputs....it just wont spin with this speed. Maybe share your wheel settings?

Try a hotlap with 26 degrees and optimum track grip and tyreblankets.