1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Are AC street cars too easy to drive on the limit ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Caleb Mils, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Yeah.

2. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Which tyres are these?

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

GT3 meds

4. It'd be relatively fine for a road car (maybe a higher optimum slip angle would be more accurate)...race tires don't look like that though. @PhilS13

5. Care to share any example/reference? (about the last part)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  6. Depends on the car, but what I do have I can't share...that said, this one is fairly accurate (red line)....

[​IMG]

7. You can't share a simple curve? Come on, just remove the values on the axis :)

8. No, I can't....as I said, that graph is fairly accurate.

9. Win. This is how the discussion should be going. Thank you David, F1Papa, and PhilS.

10. Damn, I have such bad luck ... I read everywhere on the Internet that racing slicks drop more lateral force past the peak but I have never seen one single example... and meanwhile the few data that I have shows basically flat curves past the peak o_O (if they even peak...)

11. Genuinely that graph is quite close to the data I have...it's the best I can legally give you.

12. I hope it's not some Pacejka-generated bull**** curve :)

13. AC's looks quite similar to a generic Pacejka model tbh...red is the slip angle curve

[​IMG]

14. Nice try, but you didn't answer :D

15. I wouldn't be contractually obligated to not show you data if it was a bull**** Pacejka model....use some common sense :)

16. Pacejka coefficients aren't easy to find, so who knows :)

17. Anyway the only sim that I know that used to have that kind of slip curves (the first pic you posted) was iRacing when the tyre model was half-broken (cars snapping for no reason etc).

18. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Street tyre.
    Peaks later as expected but the shape is pretty much the same.
    Keep in mind I'm not aligning the loads with Fz0 so FLEX_GAIN should have an effect on where the peak is. Loads were lower than Fz0 on the GT3 test and higher than Fz0 on the street tyre.
    [​IMG]

The problem with the real life race tyre curves is that they rarely include data past the peak cause it's kind of irrelevant to a race team. These two extensions I made will have a major impact on how catchable a slide is. When you almost lose it you are not only 1-2 degrees past peak...you're way beyond. If real life tyres drop off sharply right after the peak but stay constant further up the angle axis then the AC curves make sense as far as catching big slides go even if they appear kind of flat.

[​IMG]

19. This. Everything I've seen for race tires (and logic itself) points toward that top line being correct. The data I have only goes to 2 degrees more than the peak, so there's a good chance the top curve is correct.

Seria17hri11er, PhilS13 and dauntless like this.
  20. @mclarenf1papa can you quantify the lateral force dropoff in % between the peak and those 2 deg past the peak? Or is it supersecret too?

Esotic likes this.