1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Are AC street cars too easy to drive on the limit ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Caleb Mils, Feb 21, 2016.

1. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Those single image posts are just spam imho.

2. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

1:30

ac physics fine ;)

3. mister dog

mister dog Alien

[​IMG]

Welcome to message boards!

4. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, I was trying to get rid of the dead zone, but using 900/900 I couldn't...
    I'll try it tonight

5. Well, the deadzone in the middle has to do with Min Force... My wheel got 13.6%, but it can be different on others. Try between 5% and 20%. If it oscillates on the straight, turn it down. There's a software to calculate it, tho I think it's just on iRacing forums. "Wheel Check".

The rotation deadzone is more to have a 1:1 ratio. The G27 is meant to have 900, but in reality, when you turn the wheel full lock, there's a soft lock there. You can turn past it by applying more force but it won't do anything input-wise. Probably there to avoid damaging the wheel. If you take both of these safety deadzones into account, you get around 860 total lock, not a true 900.

Blamer and Seria17hri11er like this.
  6. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Here's a 7:10 lap in the F40 around Nords tourist. 100% grip, 9c air and 21c or so surface (banditos server). Wasn't really hard to drive tbh.

liakjim likes this.
  7. D1visor

D1visor Alien

What tyres is he using though?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Seria17hri11er likes this.
  8. Did two 7:08's in a row with 96% grip, Sunday cruise :p

9. Fear

Fear Racer

I have a strong suspicion, that the Nordschleife in my AC is at least a kilometer longer than yours... :D
    I can't be THAT bad at driving, now can I? o_O:confused:

jaba1313 likes this.
  10. Black stripe hax.

11. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Well, I don't drive the car much and I did quite a few mistakes, namely that "should've spun but didn't" before the second carousel. But it's really not hard.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    dauntless and William Levesque like this.
  12. Fear

Fear Racer

Approaching 40 years chap here, no idea what this "black stripe hax" means... :D
    Nevertheless, never tried the F40 on the Ring, will do this weekend.
    A time close to 7:30 will be considered a huge success. :)

13. OMG I just saw it. That's legit hilarious, hahahahahaha.

It's the culmination of one's e-penis in simracing, bar winning an iRacing World Championship. Basically, you qualified to participate in the latter.

:p

Fear and D1visor like this.
  14. Fear

Fear Racer

Well..., um..., er..., thanks. :D
    BTW, just for testing purposes, what track conditions and tires did you use, when lapping the ring in 7:08 in the F40?
    Have to try the same, to see how much I'm off the pace.

15. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Slicks ;)

Nah, alfa 4c tyres i would guess.

16. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I posted a chassis friction circle in another AC is too easy thread and it looked fine as well. I think there is nothing wrong with the combined grip either.

If anything I would look at rotational inertia and sidewall "loading up" effects. Drifters use stretched/stiff-sidewalled tyres for a reason and the effects of it wouldn't show up in steady-state forces plot.

17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But then will depend on the car and the driver's skill. For example the BMW 1M is well balanced, good weight at all speeds (according to irl review), and a good amount of grip on dry tarmac.

But at 1:37 he lost the steering wheel and the same happened as in the alfa romeo 4c video. Watch it from the start, he makes good action; put in fullscreen.
    Another video here, this from head perspective.

18. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Yeah, that never happened to me in AC, not that I remember at least.

19. D1visor

D1visor Alien

He said 96% ("Fast" I guess) and probably semis.

Fear likes this.
  20. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I know that driver from Bimmerpost, non stock tyres(not PS2s),some sort of drifttyre cheapo makes it more fluent, you cannot do this this particular way on dry surface/asphalt with stock 19 inch PS2s...

Cheers
    Robin