1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa 1.1 and dream pack #1 released!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Everyone AI is beating on the fence on the last corner? On the Nordschleife. Ruin replays.

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes, I try to avoid being over critical but this needs saying.

I have a bizarre replay of 23 mixed road car AI on track at the Nord's 24hr layout. A couple of the cars were Alfa Guliettas mixed with other much faster road GTs. The GTs quickly caught the slower cars but were then unable to pass them, it created a couple of snakes of 5-6 cars each. The faster cars were driving very close continually shoving the slower ones, never attempting to overtake just pushing. In the end both Guliettas were wrecked and warped to the pits.

It was truly terrible to watch. I haven't tried different car/track combinations as real life is getting in the way of my gaming currently so YMMV.

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

I can get over ai not passing on the ring, but even on wide open race tracks a laferrari won't pass a fiat 500 unless something was quietly fixed in one of the hotfixes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Qwaribo and Mogster like this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The La Ferrari was the worst offender in my experience. You can overtake an Alfa Gulietta on the Nordschleife if you're driving a La Ferrari... Anyway they wouldn't overtake on the GP circuit either, the only time they had a go was on the massive Nordschleife back straight.

ears1991 likes this.
  5. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Overtaking is mentioned already a few times. It's a big problem indeed, very annoying if you like to simulate a trackday

Mogster, William Levesque and nate like this.
  6. deepblue

deepblue Racer

This I have asked myself also, but after exiting the game yesterday I thought that huge step can not only be dependend on the chosen cars, but maybe I'm totally wrong with this.

I think I tried before the Alfa 155 Ti, 190 Evo, E30 DTM, Lotus 240R S3, Lotus V6 Cup. This wasn't a good AI experience, as I wrote I was first after half of the first lap (100% AI)
    I tried also Alfa 155 Ti, 190 Evo, E30 DTM, Lotus Evora GTC, Lotus Evora GX, wasn't good neither.

Maybe it really makes a difference if you add road cars or not?

If someone would like to try out my Combo here are my Settings I've used, would be very interested to know if you also can get a very good race like I did:

Track: Nordschleife Endurance
    Time: 12:30
    Grip: 96% (dont know exactly what Setting it is atm, I think it is "green")
    Ambient temp: 15°C
    Cars: 24
    AI difficulty: 100%
    Starting Position: Last
    Laps: 2

Cars (in that grid order):
    - 6x 190 Evo 2
    - 6x BMW E30 DTM
    - 6x Alfa 155 TI V6
    - 5x BMW M235i

I've chosen a 190 Evo for myself.

7. Epocx

Epocx Alien

i agree it has improved

I feel like AC needs to simulate curbs still a bit better. For example, if a kurb is very steep (like on Misolek) and your car slides sideways with the back tires towards it, the car does not get stopped by it at all. Depending on the tire rubber/rim ratio the wheel would clash ...

8. Karenius

Karenius Gamer

I love the KTM as well :D I've been practicing my heel and toe downshifting with it the most because it just sounds brutal when downshifting 2-3 times :D

Do you use any graphic mods? Game looks crystal clear in your screenshot

9. Epocx

Epocx Alien

i can't be asked to train heel and toe ^^ a shame really :D

no mods, it's clear weather 9;30 and no post processing, ps reduced size and sharpened.

10. I can't be bothered to learn heel & toe either. I just have no interest in fancy race driving techniques.

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

How do you downshift the F40 at Valle.Club?

12. Carefully :)

Seriously though, downshifting without using heel & toe is perfectly possible in these cars.....so long as you make sure not to downshift too early.

13. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

It is a well-known fact that multiclass AI races are nothing near perfect and probably never will be. So why do people mix road cars with GT cars?? This isn't even realistic.. Go make a GT3 only field and the AI will kick your a**

Fear and liakjim like this.
  14. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

It's the easiest way of showing the problem that affects all ai, even if they are same class. Even the career and special events show the issue. Supercar race special event is the easiest example

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

15. It's slow tho, and on road cars clutchless rev-matching isn't practical enough to be worth it either. Plus it makes you look that much more badass to heel and toe, and it's fun (and it's legal on the street, hence making those awful daily commutes just a bit more bearable) :D

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

A mix of road cars should work though... Surely???

17. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Sure, if they are in the same class. But you can't mix an Abarth 500 with some M3s and some LaFerrari. Well, you can of course but you shouldn't complain if the AI can't handle it.

18. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

This is weird. Why you can't simulate a trackday with different cars? Why can't we complain if the AI can't handle it?

The AI must handle it. if you put a abarth in front of a laf, the laf won't overtake the abarth which isn't right.

Mogster and ears1991 like this.
  19. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

precisely, this isnt early access anymore, the issue is heavily obvious in the official special events and career, and its clearly a global AI problem anyway, the examples of fast vs slow car are just the easiest way to show the issue.... gt3 cars or any same class AI grid wont pass eachother anyway most of the time (unless something changed in the hotfixes)

and a fast car should be able to pass a slow car more easily than passing one of the same kind, so not sure where you have pulled that logic from, the ai doesnt have pre configured lines/strategies for driving against certain cars, all thats in the ai.ini is:

Code:
    [HEADER]
    VERSION=3

[GEARS]
    UP=6220
    DOWN=4200
    SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.98
    GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.190

[PEDALS]
    GASGAIN=1.0
    BRAKE_HINT=0.9
    TRAIL_HINT=0.39

[LOOKAHEAD]
    BASE=23.6

GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=3

[STEER]
    STEER_GAIN=2.08

[ULTRA_GRIP]
    VALUE=1.12

[PHYSICS_HINTS]
    AERO_HINT=0.61

Qwaribo likes this.
  20. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

I can't tell you why this is so hard to simulate, I am not a programer. But looking at other sims I see that not only Kunos is struggling with this issue. Sure that doesn't make anything better but if you know the fact that it is not working properly atm why not just accept this situation and enjoy things that go well? What is wrong with a trackday of cars within the same class? Or do you need a faster car for being able to overtake? :p