1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa 1.1 and dream pack #1 released!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

I also like if same car classes overtake each other. :)

I'm not complaining, I just like to see it better. And one thing I'm sure off, someone's working on it to make it better. So I have patience and it will be better eventually! :D look at the AI overall.. It's sooo much better already!

ears1991 likes this.
  2. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

what is there to enjoy that goes well? the ai is 100% pointless still, they dont race eachother, they are just moving obstacles that once passed just sit behind you in an orderly queue

no one is denying its hard to simulate, but thats not for us to worry about, the game is v1.1 and has had a major update but the ai still isnt fit for racing. other sims dont struggle anywhere near as much, partly because their ai can cheat and use different physics, but i dont think thats even the issue here, the core of the ai is incredible overall now, but they are rendered useless because of this issue, career and special event races are completely unenjoyable because of it

3. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Yeah I see the point. There is nothing I like more than multiclass racing too. But IIRC, Stefano said some time ago that this is not that easy to code and things may not change in the near future so I better make the most of the excellent stuff we have :)

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Please watch 2 replays i posted earlier. You will see a lot of action among AI cars.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

All I'm asking is for a very fast AI road car to overtake a much slower one.

I'm not expecting to see them dueling like Senna and Mansell, just drive cleanly and smartly move past a slower car without ramming it. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Qwaribo likes this.
  6. Coopz

Coopz Racer

At the tourist track does the ghost car work? Done multiple laps in the Lotus 49 yet I have never seen it. Except at the very end when it just seems to appear as I pull into the pits.

7. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Well. I think AI is better with this last updates. I can race them well enough now. But ofcourse I want it to be better. Cmon, even Codies F1 games have good AI. In fact the best AI I've seen when it comes to fight with the player.

Look at this. In the Ring they are good now (same class):

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Good at what?

They drive well on their own and look the part I agree but they seem to have lost all awareness of other AI cars on track. All I can see there is a high speed snake of cars, the Alfa should be able to overtake the BMW relatively easily. There are overtaking spots on the Nordschleife whatever people say...

Dennis Neo likes this.
  9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Okay, I spent over 8 minutes to watch your video because you wrote that the AI would be so good in this video. I'm a bit surprised now that I didn't see a single overtaking attempt by the AI!? They just drove on their line from start to finish.
    (Okay in the Karussell one car chose to stay outside...).
    I think we need an agression slider... (Not for me! For the AI! ;):D:rolleyes:)

10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I thought one of the dev's had mentioned an aggression slider pre 1.1? I also remember posts about test AI driving cleanly and overtaking?

Honestly I think a variable aggression setting is the only way forward. Newbies weaving across the track taking weird lines need passive AI that won't throw one aggressively down the inside at every opportunity. Aliens need an AI that will try to overtake given a realistic opportunity and can accept when a crash is a racing incident.

Things have got better, we aren't seeing massive 1st corner pile ups much any more, maybe the lack of aggressiveness has helped with the 1st corner melee.

11. I was gobsmacked the other day when I took part in a race at Nurburgring GP, and witnessed a miracle. There were more than 20 cars on the grid, and every single car made it through T1 without incident :eek: In fact, most of them got through the entire Mercedes Arena! :eek::eek:

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Once in a lifetime ;D

13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Just saw new message when you have a penalty. Now it's very clear what to do, thanks!!!

Now you have to degrease yellow flags area and same goes with blue flags. In a short track like vallelunga club , you have blue flag for most of lap even if driver is more than 7~8 seconds away.

14. I'm sure they are still tweaking on them, but in the meantime you can set the yellow flag notification distance yourself in the overlap ini that is in the tracks data folder.

15. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Even in multiplayer?

16. Yeah, should be fine...I will modify mine on tourist nords and see if I can join a server in order to test for myself, but should be okay.

Edit: Just tested, joined a MP server no problem after changing the distance at Nords Tourist to 300

liakjim likes this.
  17. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Hmm. That can be a security problem.

If I understood correctly, players can set blue flags to 1 meter, and never get warning and the correspondent penalty??

18. I'm not sure where the blue flags parameters are; and I thought they removed the penalty

19. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

I personally haven't tried that yet :p

Little time I had this days has been hotlaping on my own or testing the AI :p

20. Looking through the ini's in a tracks data folder I don't see anywhere to set the blue flag distance.