1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa 1.1 and dream pack #1 released!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 11, 2015.

1. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

No advantage to be gained there, so that surface should be set to 0 penalty, but still not valid track for qualifying. I see no reason why they can't do this, I just get the feeling they haven't got round to tweaking all of the surfaces on all the tracks yet, hopefully they will though and I'll be very happy with the system. Fingers crossed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Is this from a race session or practice/qualifying? Because in that video is indeed invalid lap, no matter if you gained or not time. That detection system is the same as the old one about 5sec slowdown, just the consequence is different now. But invalid laps aren't used for race sessions, so did the game penalize you in that situation from the video?

3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Race session. So if someone looses 2-3 seconds for going and travel on gravel , he will also get a penalty loosing more time. Sorry but it's not make sense.

ears1991 likes this.
  4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Can you be sure you lost 2-3 sec with that specific off track? Because that seemed to be as fast as taking the proper corner.

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

What do you mean when you say "loosing more time". Is the time added so that you finish as second but after adding the penalty you are fifth? How many time is added?

6. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

He missed the apex and was slowed by the gravel trap, there is no way time could have been gained so the additional slow down penalty is just ridiculous, makes a mistake twice as costly for no good reason and can completely ruin some close racing

William Sebastian likes this.
  7. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Lets take it one by one:
    Why did you get penalty? You put all 4 wheels on grass/sand and did not slow down. Momentarily but you did.
    Why should you get it? Because 9/10 times this will happen. (note that was a very experienced driver)

Keep in mind that you did not get the penalty for going off track. You got it because you jumped right back on the track full speed. Which is as dangerous as it gets for fellow racers.

Mogster, Akis Kev and martcerv like this.
  8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Guys, missed braking point, missed apex, got wide , travel through gravel so yeah that mistake cost me around 2 seconds from my previous laps. But the time i got out of gravel i got the penalty and i had to either slow down to 35km or release throttle for 5 sec...

ears1991 likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That example in a race really doesn't need the penalty but its a long way off line so you really shouldn't go there anyway. If there were other cars around you would you have just gone straight back in front of them or let them through? I always see people make mistakes like that then move straight back across and block others to not lose the position which is pretty poor driving.

10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Ah, he got a slow down penalty... Would have been nice if this would have been shown on the video...

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Got ninja'd by you but thats exactly what I was getting at, if you go 4 wheels off track you need to slow and rejoin track when safe. You made the mistake so you need to pay the penalty not those around you.

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

So Kostas in what speed i should rejoin race? You can see in pedals app i was rejoining careful (not full throttle)

edit : i understand your point though and why i got penalty. Maybe better this way.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  13. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

What if there's no one behind you though and you're just behind one person, you make one mistake like this and thats the end of the battle, the other guy is 6 sec ahead instead of the 1 or 2 that he should be. The game doesn't know how you are going to handle the cars behind you, so punishing regardless is stupid IMO.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Hes gone way wide and barely lost any time, if it cost him the battle thats tough really as he shouldnt have gone off track. Using our league system that would be one warning and if he did it 3 times then hed get a drive through penalty. Id prefer that sort of penalty for such an of track excursion but atm it is what it is. Any inside cuts that gain significant time should be treated harsher but as the system is if you want to finish in a good position then you need to learn to stay on track. If you can run a full race without running off track you will finish in better positions and also be much less of a hazard to everyone else on track. ;)

Mogster and djkostas like this.
  15. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

But forcing someone to slow down to 35kmph for 5sec or something for going off track slightly where they didn't gain an advantage makes no sense, no one is penalised for doing this in a real race, because they have already lost time for their mistake, as it is now you become more of a hazard because no one else even knows you are serving a penalty until they are right up behind you. Of course inside cuts should be treated harsher as you said, but going off track onto a non asphalt surface is already plenty enough penalty in most cases such as this one

16. Quffy

Quffy Alien

This isn't applied to all corners and depends how wide you go. I just quickly tried in a race with few cars (nissan gt3) doing the imola from liakjim's video, and I got the penalty for slowing down before crossing lap line, there's now even a count down to either wait or slow down to the correct speed. I quickly slowed down and went ahead with the race.
    Now I did again this corner and went way much wider into the sand, and I got not penalty from the game system.

Just try out yourself, do that and maybe other corners too, and try different types of cuts or going wide, and different speeds. I sense this penalty is much better than the previous one, and as an automatic system is quite good, even humans in real life races have problems with cars cutting or going wide.. even Alonso blames Vettle for all the time going wide at Silverstone and the marshalls not doing anything about it.. :)

17. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

But why should he get penalty. Not even FIA is this strict in F1. Yes, he was wide, and spun, but he should get penalty, that wasn't dangerous return on track, that was just his mistake. And now he had to slow down and cause more trouble to other people.

Nahkamarakatti and ears1991 like this.
  18. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

@liakjim I remember seeing a lot of guys jumping back on track after a bad exit without caring about the cars behind. I'm 100% sure you've been involved in such situations in the past too. This penalty system can improve but I like it very much as it is now. It solves most of the problems and makes people careful during racing.

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. No slow down penalty is required for the "off track excursion" in that video clip. Frankly, I would prefer to get rid of slow down penalties entirely, but hey....what do I know?

*** end of broken record mode ***

20. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Tried cutting some corners on Imola in Race mode. Cutting first few corners in Imola going full speed far away from the road I gained more than 5sec and didn't get any penalty. Doesn't look like it's working as intended.