1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. marph

marph Racer

One question: Is brake fading cause of heat simulated?

2. Brakes start fading because of wear and wear is harsher, if you are outside of the operating window, so yes.
    Too much heated brakes, like not enough heated brakes, will start fading sooner.
    Performance is highly affected even before they start not working.
    Optimal temps ranges for pad 1 f/r are from 300c to 700c for the front and 300c to 600c for the rear.
    You gotta tune your brake pads accordingly and also brake balance has a huge impact.
    You wont believe how much more powerfull the braking is when you are around 650c/550c.

However the whole range is usefull.
    So if you are struggling becuase of tire overheating, you can always open up your brake ducts, but don't exit the window.
    If you are at the limit and you still have uneven tire temperatures, your overall balance is completely wrong.
    Even temperatures are the key for even tire wear and enanched performance.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    marph likes this.
  3. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

4. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

5. eross

eross Rookie

I wonder why kunos doesnt build special events acording to real life, for example make 2.4h of spa. With what they got right now builded, they only would need to change the image of competition server and run the race 8 times in one weekend (for example). This would make this game way more active and popular, some tweets to announce this type of events and you got big grids doing some mini endurance races.

I dont understand why they dont actually do this, becuase they managed to get this big license of GT3 but they dont squeeze out doing events and stuff like this online. And I mean actual racing not qualifying events. Thanks for reading

NemethR, ohjeah and Elrann like this.
  6. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

It has been very quiet. They’re either hard at work on something or on holidays. Doesn’t the whole of Italy pretty much shut down for a period over the summer?

7. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Yes and no. ;)

There was new interview with Marco* with new content and long support for ACC confirmation (link). There is Q&A with Macro incoming (link). Some of the Kunos Simulazioni members were at Spa 24, including Aris**, I believe. And Aris was at Nordschleife with his MX-5 (link).

And there were tons of social media reminders that the 2021 liveries free update was released. :D

* Marco Massarutto, co-Founder and Executive Manager at Kunos Simulazioni
    ** Aristotelis Vasilakos, Head of Vehicles Handling at Kunos Simulazioni

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  8. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Sadly we can't see Aris' LIDAR system on his roof :D

marph and Monotone like this.
  9. lottalava

lottalava Racer

10. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

11. Anyway guys I just got an illumination to explain trailbraking to beginners.
    Trailbraking is like farting. Initially push hard, then aaaaaaaah into the corner.
    As simple as that.

forgive my vulgarity

12. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Thats not the way my farts work :rolleyes:

13. You lock?

14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

3:24 is a bit of an “oh ****” moment :eek:

15. Let it go, let it go.
    You should not hold it back anymore.
    Let it go, let it go.
    :cool:

16. GONKO

GONKO Racer

ACC got me into GT3 racing. I didn't follow the series and wasn't aware of it until ACC downloaded onto my pc.
    I will say, anything ACC gets updated with, my wallet is open, regardless of cost.
    It is a great sim with very focused competition and the cars being so closely matched just add to the quality of the racing.

17. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Looking forward to simulated paddock fires in the next update
    20210807_150954.jpg

18. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

19. Tentacles

Tentacles Rookie

I can't seem to figure out how to do this anywhere. One of the best AI I've come across. Seems like a missed opportunity. I would even buy a DLC to do this.