1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

BUT these "GT1" cars are likely NOT going to be driven by pro drivers. The copy reads clearly like it will be an AM series for owners of these hypercars to be able to race them. It sure sounds like its a series made for rich guys who want to take their track day cars and play race car driver without the commitment needed to be competitive in a series like World Challenge, DTM, British GT etc, or even GTE-AM.

Will they wreck them? I'm sure some will. But you're not going to see the wheel banging action of something like World Challenge out there. If these guys bang wheels one of them will end up in the wall, and even small amounts of damage likely cost way more than repairing a GT3 car.

2. I think if I have the budget to decide to get involved into a series, it's not like I have half the budget, if a car breaks, a car breakes.
    But that's not how it works, privates can even join as wild cards for one, two, three races.
    Anywys these cars are track specific, and not only they get repaired in case of crashes without issues, but the manifacturers also provide an actual team to support the clients for racing them on track.
    These are not vintage cars some enthusiast is bringing on a gathering of some sort. If you buy this car, you are part of a program that brings you into a team to race.
    I imagine SRO has some sort of coordination with manifacturers interested in increasing this market.

If you think any idiot with some money can buy a fxxk...lol, you are completely out. About the fact they will be AMs, as I said previously, it means it will not be the top show, but it will be a good one, provided it will ever be broadcasted.

anthony galmiche likes this.
  3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Yes they are track specific and they do have manufacturer support.

My point was its a fully AM series. These cars are already out there and the series was built in conjunction with the manufacturers as the owners were likely looking to do more with them than track days. But you're not going to see drivers of the caliber of Raffaele Marciello and David Perel out there.

4. :rolleyes:

5. Guys I use steer with wheel and I am very happy about it in cars like the mclaren.
    Unfortunately it seems to be set completely wrong for cars like the lambo.
    Is there a sheet with all the steering locks of each car in the game? I think, if steer with wheel in a general setting, without any special math per car, that I could set it in in proportion with a steering lock I like, the mecca.
    Thank you in advance!

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

GT3:
    - 480° (Ferrari, McLaren)
    - 560° (BMW)
    - 620° (Lamborghini Huracan, Honda)
    - 640° (Aston Martin, Bentley, Mercedes, Nissan, Lexus)
    - 720° (Audi, Jaguar, Lamborghini Gallardo)
    - 800° (Porsche)

GT4:
    - 480° (McLaren)
    - 500° (BMW, Mercedes)
    - 580° (KTM)
    - 640° (Aston Martin)
    - 720° (Alpine, Audi, Camaro, Ginetta)
    - 800° (Porsche)
    - 900° (Maserati)

7. You are the man of providence, savior of my day.

I will tell you if it works, because it does give a much better perception of the apex and expacially the exits. I will also try with different steering ratios.

8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Just put both your wheel and ingame settings to 900 degrees and adjust the steering ratio in the setup menu.

FloSimRace and LATE4APEX like this.
  9. yes yes I never touched control setting. I am talking about the view setting in cockpit cam.
    I wasn't that clear in the end.

However, for some reason, the range of motion does not follow the full rotation of the wheel, but there is about 135° of range for the wheel, for each direction of rotation and 45° of motion of the focus on the screen.
    For some reason tho, while I have the illusion of driving with VR on the mclaren or on the ferrari, it is a mess on any lambo. This is why I tought the math behind could take steering lock into account.

Unfortunately it's hard to find any advance on this settings.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Ah, I have no clue about that. I hate camera movement in the car :p

11. I used helmet cam for, about, two years, but while it is very cool because it follows the movement of the head of the driver, it's not good cause it does not follow the eye movement. So you don't see the apex and the exit soon enough.
    I gotta buy a trackir.

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Maserati GT4 has the steering from an HGV, handy on trips to Tesco though… o_O

13. sizziano

sizziano Gamer

This doesn't solve the issue of stopping your physical wheel at the correct end stops for the car you're driving. It will keep rotating while the in game wheel has stopped or rotating. It's honestly incredible this has to be manually set for every car.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

How often are you guys actually hitting the bump stops? Only time I ever hit them is if things have gone horribly wrong, certainly not in normal racing

LATE4APEX, Dewald Nel and Winston like this.
  15. sizziano

sizziano Gamer

That's the point. When everything goes wrong you don't want your well turning one full rotation past where the in game wheel stopped.

Winston and sps_for_race like this.
  16. Anyone here has trackir and tobi eye-treacker? do you know if tobi works with ACC? any tips?

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

18. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

I used tobii eyetracker a while ago, the system itself work fine BUT: you need to place the tracking bar at lower part of monitor where (in my Case) the steering wheel takes place, mounted in upper side, it doesnt detect eyemovement well...trackIR does also work there i got problems with precision of movement detection and Overall a very odd Feeling when turning the head x degrees my eyes still have to focus at y degrees, very unnatural behave (i use a 28" single Screen this makes it more worse imho)

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  19. Thank you for your reply. I got interest into eye trackers because of that weird feeling I imagined I could have had turning my head too much. I will try with tobi then. Thank you!

[ATF]Shanti likes this.
  20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I have an trackir for several years now, never get use to it with diving sims, but had use it with flight sims.
    It feels kinda disconnected with the driving, but with the time I believe you can get used with it.

Salvatore Amato likes this.