1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Fair enough, when it’s that far gone there’s no saving it so I don’t really pay attention to exactly where the wheel stops. And when it’s heading for the wall I don’t tend to hold on to the wheel so 900 degrees works fine for me.

Rolz and LATE4APEX like this.
  2. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Some wheels have soft lock. But either way, if you max out the steering input the car lets you, you're doing something wrong :p

Mogster and LATE4APEX like this.
  3. marph

marph Racer

When the Cars go into the pits, the car will be lifted by the hydraulic. Is this a button the driver has to push? If yes, why is this not available in ACC?

4. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

The guy in this video has some tip, not sure if helpful.

Freddie Seng and chksix like this.
  5. Nox

Nox Racer

look

ignission likes this.
  6. marph

marph Racer

Cool, thanks

7. AceGoat

AceGoat Rookie

Firstly, ACC is an incredible racing sim, it’s my favourite by far. However there are a few things that really annoy me with this game that I feel let the game down a lot.

Firstly, the collision and damage with this game is dreadful, if you get tapped or tap someone in this game you bounce off eachother so aggressively, there is no really impact how it is in other games or real life. The damage model is one of the worst I’ve seen in a racing sim too, you go 130mph in to a wall and you come out with a few scratches and a crack in the front bumper. If these two things were fixed it would improve the game ten-folds, especially the collision/impact mode with other cars, I feel if the game had a more realistic model it would give people more confidence to race close as if you tap eachother or a little bump it doesn’t send the other person in to the shadow realm.

I use to play iRacing a lot but stopped due the extortionate costs of the game, however I dearly miss the rating system in iRacing and how nice it was to find organised races in your skill bracket. In ACC you have a safety rating which doesn’t really matter, anyone can get a high safety rating by just staying at the back of a race and driving safely, in public lobbies with a safety restriction of 60+ and higher you still get people that just send it T1 on Monza from last position.

Overall, this game is great, I play it nearly every day and enjoy every second of it. I just wish that Kunos would improve the two things I’ve listed as it would benefit the game massively I believe, all the things I mentioned would allow closer racing along with better matched drivers instead of having to rely on community organised races which is what I do unless I’m bored and hop in a public lobby.

baboon and Darmote like this.
  8. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I have to say that watching lots of real GT3 racing i find the way how the collisions between cars work in ACC not that bad. You indeed can spin a car around just from a very gentle push, i have seem numerous collisions in races where it looked exactly like situations in ACC where you think just a birds wing touched a car and it spun off.
    About damage model, the non-visual one i find pretty ok, like, if you get mild damage on the front or back you already start to feel the behavior of the car changing, same for more heavy damage, so in terms of how damage affects the drivability of the car i would not have any complaints. And as for the visual stuff, i honestly could not care less. I also never had a situation where i crashed during a race with 130mph into a wall so i can't say if the result would bother me.
    All in all i think that the misrepresentation of extreme edgecases that happen almost never can't be held against the game (for me). What is important for me is that the game is representing real life scenarios in 95% of the cases correct and ACC i guess does that for me, therefore i dont hold these things you said against it. But sure i get it if some people do. Its just my thoughts.

9. Turk

Turk Alien

I'd say any car on the limit of performance is easy to spin.

Freddie Seng, Kennifer, th3o and 4 others like this.
  10. Darmote

Darmote Gamer

It depends If you're talking about single player collisions or multiplayer netcode. In single player I don't see it that bad either, but the multiplayer collision system, although it's better than AC1's, is still not good enough.
    The easiest way to see it is to bump draft a car in a straight, you will see how both cars repel each other like same pole magnets, and this reaction will always cause spins in corners in a very unnatural way.

After_Midnight likes this.
  11. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Dont forget lag also plays its hand. One of the last online races I was in I got hit from behind at Imola going up the hill to Piratella and went spinning off out of control. I checked the replay and the guy that hit me was rubber banding quite badly which exagerated the contact.

12. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

The collision damage in this game has been discussed. The visual portion is due to licensing issues and a lot of additional programming and overhead required, and won't be fixed. As for your 130mph into a wall example if you do that the car becomes nearly undriveable, so yeah while you aren't getting yanked out of the car by a safety worker, its effectively an end to your race. I completely disagree regarding car to car contact, it works realistically, not every hit results in people getting launched. But to your earlier example if you hit someone at that speed its going to end poorly for everyone.

You cannot build SA putzing around at the back of the pack, at least not if you want to get over 80 or so. You need to be wheel to wheel with people or on someones bumper who has a higher SA than you. I don't know where this myth comes from but there is no chance of getting to 99SA driving around in circles at the back. I agree however there are plenty of people in 60+ servers who just send it. I've been playing CP a lot lately and do not see that problem there at all. Same with many public 90+ servers.

Kennifer and chksix like this.
  13. Of course you can :)

That's wrong too ;) Beside the server restrictions you'll not even know the rating of the others.

Licensing issues prevents a more realistic visual damage model? I don't think so.

And I've agree to the fact the physical damage model is too forgiven in some cases.
    E.g. The idea of @stefanoCasillo (I think) about possible radiator damage, to prevents people rear ending you without consequences, ends up just as the idea.

And it was Marco Massarutto who told us that we (the user) do not want a more realistic damage ;)

The collisions online I'd describe as hit and miss. More hit as it was in AC1, but still.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    GRFOCO likes this.
  14. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I agree with you 100% on the SA its mostly meaningless, except to weed out the very incapable drivers. I am not a supersafe driver and i have 99SA. To my annoyance it does not deter the capable drivers that are faster than me but dont want to bother with proper overtakes and then bump you off semi-on-purpose with the excuse of "i didnt expect you to brake that much". These people easily have 90+ SA as well....

On the licensing you might be wrong I do remember some Kunos guys stating this explicitly, and I can also imagine the car companies taking this stupid line. How iracing gets around that i dont know.

15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I just think that realistic damage physics are complex, so they both take a lot of time to develop and take a big hit on the performance, two things that developers don't like at all. Imagine the speed of ACC with those. Plus they don't really add a whole lot to the fun (I mean it's fun to watch them in the replay but you prefer to have repairable damage than a wheel bouncing around the track after a collision and race over). I may be wrong but.

pdf3108 likes this.
  16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

SRO Asia Suzuka 10hr Enduro starting in under an hour and a half and main servers are down :(

17. Rolz

Rolz Alien

and about 5min to go b4 official prac starts and nothing :(

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

And a 10 hour SRO eSport endurance race is now postponed…

19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

That's actually correct. Kunos needs licenses from car brands to display their cars getting damaged, but brands aren't really willing to let games show their cars go up in flames because it's bad publicity. Aris explained this.

20. Thank you very much mate :)
    I thought the opposite was explained by the Lord Kunos himself :oops: