1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa in the oculus rift dk2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eobet, Jul 2, 2014.

1. AugGust

AugGust Racer

If they deliver DK2 compatibility later than you expect and leave AC, you call that a "loyal player"? Ahahaah

Fivizzz, Talpa and Phil64 like this.
  2. Freeo

Freeo Gamer

Mate, if project cars can support dk2 by now I would expect ac to do the same. And yet I'm pretty pissed off with a total lack of communication with us paid users. Lame.

3. AugGust

AugGust Racer

Priorities and scale. Firstly Kunos did say that Oculus support is not high on their priority list right now. And how many people are working on project cars and how many on AC? You should be fair to them but whatever your choice

4. Freeo

Freeo Gamer

I'm sure I'm not the only one who voices his disappointment with dk2 in ac. Like many I paid for ac for dfk support purely. And now...? Yeah. I just hope that they will fix it before Nov.

5. AugGust

AugGust Racer

Yea mate I know what you mean. But it will be worth the wait. My DK2 is sitting on my lap right now and it can't wait to be used with AC :)

6. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

AC has 'communicated' to us exactly what they are working on at the moment. Its a small team of people and they have other priorities at the moment, working with new graphics, a new sound engine, having many cars and tracks being finalized, optimizations, bug fixing, netcode optimization, etc all in the ramp up for a 1.0 release.

Give them a bit of time instead of coming on here and complaining like an impatient kid that wants their toy NOW.

brianr121 and Whitestar like this.
  7. Martyn

Martyn Racer

Or play CARS until AC has support. CARS looks wonderful, but then so does DIRT and all the other Codies titles. I don't really play them either, but I acknowledge that they do look very nice.

8. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

hahahaha what a sense of humor thats the funniest thing ive heard....but on a real note, hope you have a compatible wheel so far logithech is not compatible and might not be at all:oops: well i know what game im not buying
    im sure theres no doubt they will eventually add dk2 support

9. brianr121

brianr121 Racer

I'm sure they've got it working, at least the Oculus devs have seen it. My bet is they're still ironing out some creases and aren't comfortable releasing it yet. (History reminds us of the first Multiplayer implementation...) It'll just take time.

Anyways, last night I tried everything I could come up with... I'm no genius, but I think us folks with DK2's will just be stuck for now. Passing the time in LFS is still a lot of fun! ;)

10. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

No, I think that was with the old graphics engine - don't think the new one is working for anyone yet.

I'm as desperate as anyone for this but I'm confident it will happen :)

When it does happen it will be amazing!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    brianr121 likes this.
  11. brianr121

brianr121 Racer

That's what I meant (should've read: "...they had gotten it working,..").

Kunos isn't done tweaking the graphics engine yet, either, so I can imagine full DK2 support may be out a ways.

12. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

• Kunos are working on things that affect all the users, not just the 150 people that have a DK2 + AC.

• The DK2 is still a development kit and not a final product, you expecting a developer to drop all there other priorities just to implement oculus support is absurd. Maybe you did not realise but the "DEV KIT 2" is intended for developers to work on VR before the CV1 comes out to the public, any game that happens to work with it for an end user should be seen as a bonus.

• What does Pcars have to do with anything ? ( Pcars have also yet to fully implement DK2 support BTW)

• Of course DK2 support in AC will/would be awesome as it is in any game, but the reality is it takes time to integrate properly and even more time for a small team that's also working full time on other content.

• Play LFS for now with the DK2 its awesome, there are also loads of fantastic games made for the DK2.

• Kunos have been very clear with what they are putting in AC , You get loads of content for the price, multiple cars laser scanned tracks and we already have at least 3 superb mod cars that are arguably as good as the core content.

• Driving simulators and simulators open to modding in general are the kind of thing that take 2-3 years to really mature like a good elderberry wine getting so up tight over such small time frames is just going to cause you a premature death.

Lastly you think saying you are going to leave will spur them on ? comments such as yours just make developers face palm.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Turk, Fivizzz, ericRacer and 8 others like this.
  13. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

If you play guitar, watch this. If you are just a sim racer threatening the devs of AC with your absence then just look from 7:10.

Turk, Arno, Casper and 1 other person like this.
  14. Trisk

Trisk Gamer

You're right about everything, of course... but I can't help still desperately wanting it... as those of us who've tried VR know, the experience redefines the entire game completely and utterly. My DK2 just shipped finally, and I'll be playing games that do support it when it comes... That said, I know you're completely right...

Does LFS support Simvibe? :b

15. DeM69

DeM69 Racer

Yes it does :D

16. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

About now I look back on my decision not to get DK2 and wait with mixed feelings :)

17. Trisk

Trisk Gamer

(In templar knight voice from The Last Crusade) "You chose... poorly..." :b

I can hardly wait for mine. I've logged hundreds and hundreds of hours into DK1... the suspense is killing me. I wasn't sure about buying DK1 either, but it took about 5 minutes of ownership to be GLAD I did. I would not want to wait, there's already plenty of good games and demos that support it to make it worth the investment. Hopefully VR ports of games like Doom 1,2,3, quake 1,2, duke 3D and others like that will get updated from DK1 to DK2 as well.

You'd think those old games would be lame to play in VR, but you couldn't possibly be more wrong. It makes them look absolutely amazing! Even Doom is a complete mindblow in the Rift, with huge levels surrounding you and giant monsters charging you. Pinky Demon is scary again!

If you can afford it, I do NOT think you will regret the purchase. I know I don't even a tiny bit. :D

AugGust, Shrubbo and Phil64 like this.
  18. DeM69

DeM69 Racer

I feel the same way (maybe an age thing?:eek:) but I've made the decision to wait & in the meantime start working on adding some motion to my rig to soften the blow:cool:

19. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Another critism i have with the rift would be that it smells...the smell + motion just made me ill...

20. AugGust

AugGust Racer

Same. I realised that after using it for awhile. One tip for new DK2 owners is not to put it back into the box for storage and the smell will go away

brianr121 and Phil64 like this.